GDT: Canes @ Rangers, Dec 27, 7pm

mqdefault.jpg.62684e63de59b2b83e43aebfcbb4b35e.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes    @   New York Rangers

22-13-2                                               17-15-4

Wild Card, 5th Metro                                 7th Metro

7:00 pm

Madison Square Garden

FS-CR, Free NHL-TV Game

Carolina Last 5 (3-2-0):  Calgary (W 4-0), Winnipeg (W 6-3), Colorado (W 3-1), Florida (L 2-4), Toronto (L 6-8)

New York Last 5 (1-3-1): Anaheim (L/SO 3-4), Nashville (L 2-5), Toronto (L 3-6), Anaheim (W 5-1), Philadelphia (L 1-5)

Previous Meetings this Season: 

New York 4, Carolina 2 (Nov 7 home)

New York 3, Carolina 2 (Nov 27 away)

Lundvquist made 45 and 41 saves in the previous two meetings this season. The Rags got ahead early and stayed ahead in both games. We've got to put our loss to Toronto behind us, start on time, play hard the entire game, and score on Lundvquist.

The key is beating Lundvquist — we must score early and often.

1180788607_slide.thumb.jpg.73573263e9b1c6946bd8d5c6fddcc502.jpgD8jCBdUXoAAUV2R.thumb.jpg.d1a0531a4ec83cf05e2b45dc6d9ef5fe.jpg

THIS                                                             NOT THIS

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago

James Reimer first off the ice for the today.

26 minutes ago

Travel issues for Foegele, McGinn, Brind’Amour says. Will join team in NY. “Those are the things that happen. They better be the two best players tonight.”

9 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Somehow the guys that went to Europe for Christmas make it but the ones that went to Toronto don’t?  😜

So, reading the Rangers game day preview article on the Canes app/website, and talks about McGuinn and Foegle missed the morning skate because they had "travel issues" getting back to Raleigh.

RB said that happens, but they better be the best 2 players on the ice tonight.

So, what is this all about?

Did these 2 players stay back in Toronto to spend time with family, or they went out and partied too hard and couldn't make it back, or what?

Any insight on this would be interesting.

Was there ever any doubt

It'll be Henrik in net tonight vs. the Hurricanes

The lines used during the morning skate were

• Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, Pavel Buchnevich
  • Artemi Panarin, Ryan Strome, Jesper Fast
  • Brendan Lemieux, Filip Chytil, Kaapo Kakko
  • Brendan Smith, Greg McKegg, Brett Howden

Mrazek tonight..Brindy, Maybe, maybe not

Brindy before the flight to New York

the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
McGinn-Wallmark-Martinook

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Gardiner-van Riemsdyk

Goalies (not confirmed)

Reimer was first off the ice at the morning skate, but Brind'Amour did not confirm a starting goaltender.

2 hours ago, CanesFan2003 said:

So, reading the Rangers game day preview article on the Canes app/website, and talks about McGuinn and Foegle missed the morning skate because they had "travel issues" getting back to Raleigh.

RB said that happens, but they better be the best 2 players on the ice tonight.

So, what is this all about?

Did these 2 players stay back in Toronto to spend time with family, or they went out and partied too hard and couldn't make it back, or what?

Any insight on this would be interesting.

When was the last time you flew?  Have you ever flown anywhere?  I don't fly a lot (maybe 60 round-trips lifetime) and I've been hosed pretty bad with day long delays a few times.

Flying SUCKS.  Random delays and cancellations all the time.  I'm presuming that happened to them.  I have no insight, just guesses.  Probably were supposed to get a flight back to RDU last night that was cancelled.  Team plane leaves this morning, so they missed the plane and have to instead meet in NY.

It is their CBA right to not work the last 3 days, but they have to factor in flight issues.

My real question is how does Forslund do his travel?  No way he hasn't been delayed, he has to have some private standby ready or something.

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

My real question is how does Forslund do his travel?  No way he hasn't been delayed, he has to have some private standby ready or something.

Or his employer buys him two ticket for different flight operated by different airlines every time ))

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

When was the last time you flew?  Have you ever flown anywhere?  I don't fly a lot (maybe 60 round-trips lifetime) and I've been hosed pretty bad with day long delays a few times.

Of course I know about delays and cancellations, but everything else being the same, wouldn't the whole team had been late?

I read the article as saying that just McGuinn and Foegle were late, and I presumed late to Raleigh and morning skate was in Raleigh that they missed.

Flying SUCKS.  Random delays and cancellations all the time.  I'm presuming that happened to them.  I have no insight, just guesses.  Probably were supposed to get a flight back to RDU last night that was cancelled.  Team plane leaves this morning, so they missed the plane and have to instead meet in NY.

I didn't get this from the article. Seemed to indicate they were late getting back to Raleigh and assumed the morning skate missed was in Raleigh.

It is their CBA right to not work the last 3 days, but they have to factor in flight issues.

Not a concern.

Was specifically interested in the 2 players the article was about and not Forslund's travel or team travel in general.

Edited by CanesFan2003

6 hours ago, CanesFan2003 said:

but they better be the best 2 players on the ice tonight.

While flight delays are problematic, the way this was apparently worded, if it is accurate, suggests to me that Brindy is none too happy?

Watched Henrik a lot this year, and he's been good, great against a couple teams including us, and then awful against quite a few to the point of becoming their 2nd option for a few weeks there. Slower than he used to be and plays more positional than post to post as once he did. IMHO he's gotten beat more this year by tic tac toe than traffic. I actually thought we had right much net front last outing, in terms of 2nd and 3rd chances with loose change and rebounds we couldn't squeak under him. he was great in that situation. My take is to make the extra pass inside the dots when there. It may not work, but not much ever has against him. Shoot top half, he covers the bottom well as always. Just outplay them as a team and the goals will come. WE have the technology.