Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
spyglass88

GDT: Canadiens @ Hurricanes—New Year's Eve, 7pm

Recommended Posts

NewYear2019_300w.jpg.8f98678fee9c46fc47e49491afabbb31.jpgCarolina Hurricanes  vs.  Montreal Canadiens

             23-14-2             PNC Arena              18-15-6

                                              7:00 pm

 

Carolina last five (2-3-0): Colorado (W 3-1), Florida (L 2-4), Toronto (L 6-8), New York (L 3-5), Washington (W 6-4)

Montreal last five (2-3-0): Calgary (W 4-3 OT), Edmonton (L 3-4), Winnipeg (W 6-2), Tampa (L 4-5), Florida (L 5-6) 

 

image-2.thumb.jpg.72d877788334bc0a5d1a16fa6f5c3f4e.jpggettyimages-1173519314-612x612.thumb.jpg.1810e4ff547debf977d3b5f9ccd6096e.jpg

 

The Canes opened the season with a 4-3 SO win over the Habs with goals from Wallmark, Necas, and Haula and with Dougie scoring the only goal in the shootout. Both teams have scoring depth and identical 2-3 records over the last five games.

 

The big question is . . . 

WHICH CANE TEAM IS GOING TO SHOW UP?

The "Toronto Canes" or the "Washington Canes"?

JUST WIN

 

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday’s game wraps up a seven game road trip for Montreal.  They’re 3-3-0 on this most recent trip.  Their last five loses have been by one goal each game.  I expect the Canes will see a frustrated Montreal team with a chip on their shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be there. Last minute tickets. So they simply must close the year out with a win. 

 

I'm thinking we keep the Washington game rolling and get on our "traditional" post Dec 27th run. That's what I'm going with anyways.

 

No matter what happens we'll be in a playoff spot for Jan 1st for the 1st time in forever. At least if we ignore beans.

 

Close out strong! I want to see a surge.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

6 minutes ago

Last morning skate of the year and decade. Erik Haula not on the ice, 

7 minutes ago 

Wallmark centering Martinook and McGinn. Brind’Amour will have to clarify Haula’s status after the skate.

 

Quote

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Haula's non skates are just preventative maintenance to not over working him through the long process of full recovery of anything knee related. His role and skill set on this team is more related to positional play around the net and not so much on straight line speed so not skating may not be the detriment it would for other players relying more on timing and line chemistry. We NEED him so massaging the situation in however is needed gets my vote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

projected lineup for the Hurricanes. by Michael Smith

Forwards

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
McGinn-Wallmark-Martinook

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Pesce
Fleury-Edmundson

Goalies

Mrazek

 

Erik Haula did not skate with the Canes on Monday or Tuesday, but he is expected to be in the lineup this evening.

 

Quote

 

2 minutes agoHaula will be a gametime decision but Brind’Amour says he’s hopeful he’ll be good to go

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, remkin said:

Close out strong! I want to see a surge

I will be in attendance too!! Maybe the surge could mimic a champagne bottle being opened and Champagne flowing out? Now that would be something. Whatever, just win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

I will be in attendance too!! Maybe the surge could mimic a champagne bottle being opened and Champagne flowing out? Now that would be something. .

 

or maybe the overhead can project fireworks on the ice

Quote

Whatever, just win.

:winner:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindgren will likely start Tuesday in Carolina according to daily faceoff

forward lines and defense pairings featured at Tuesday's morning skate at the PNC Arena.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Cousins
Vejdemo/Barber - Thompson - Weal

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury
Reilly - Folin

Price

Lindgren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Lindgren will likely start Tuesday in Carolina according to daily faceoff

forward lines and defense pairings featured at Tuesday's morning skate at the PNC Arena.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Cousins
Vejdemo/Barber - Thompson - Weal

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury
Reilly - Folin

Price

Lindgren

They get to play 8 D? We should try that, get Fleury in there more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, remkin said:

...

Close out strong! I want to see a surge.

+1 here! I can't remember details, but we usually had great games at the end of the year.

I know he is HWSNBN, so it's not named :P, but want to see today this celebration from 6 years ago many times:

image.thumb.jpeg.83daaec452fc97b4a8ee2328258e473f.jpeg

 

And collective surge after! Hope the Canes will keep my New Year mood high.

Enjoy the game, Rem! Go "Washington" Canes!!!

Edited by Caniac514
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

+1 here! I can't remember details, but we usually had great games at the end of the year.

I know he is HWSNBN, so it's not named :P, but want to see today this celebration from 6 years ago many times:

image.thumb.jpeg.83daaec452fc97b4a8ee2328258e473f.jpeg

 

And collective surge after! Hope the Canes will keep my New Year mood high.

Enjoy the game, Rem! Go "Washington" Canes!!!

Was at that game...mini-me’s first one...and the game where her pic was taken that’s been my avatar for the past 6 years...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Was at that game...mini-me’s first one...and the game where her pic was taken that’s been my avatar for the past 6 years...

 

I'm not able to get to many games, but I was at that one as well.  Would love to see us repeat the result, but perhaps we can go a different route than dropping behind by 3 goals?  On the other hand, the big comeback was what made the game so special. I'll be happy with 2 points no matter how we get them.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

 

I'm not able to get to many games, but I was at that one as well.  Would love to see us repeat the result, but perhaps we can go a different route than dropping behind by 3 goals?  On the other hand, the big comeback was what made the game so special. I'll be happy with 2 points no matter how we get them.

Still the best hockey game I’ve ever been to

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...