The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Canes vs Flyers, January 7, 7PM. 4 point game. Time to win.

4 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

We pulled this one, but problems remain: early goals, can't put game away, so-so goaltending and faulty defense. oh, and pathetic PP - can't go far with that.

So-so goaltending is being generous. Reimer and Mrazek are both struggling all of a sudden. We can’t make the playoffs if goalies and D don’t get their act together.

• Like 1

Just now, AWACSooner said:

Three words:

Bring

Up

Ned!

Dont think I agree. Riem and Petr are certainly in a funk but you cant give up on them yet. Riem hasnt played in awhile and that was by far the worst game in net by a Cane I have seen this year ( I missed the Leafs game) but Petrs last few game havent been on him mostly they have been the D against really good teams. 

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Three words:

Bring

Up

Ned!

What do Ned’s and Forsberg’s numbers look like. Looks like Checkers are on the upswing. But is either of them an upgrade?

2 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

So-so goaltending is being generous. Reimer and Mrazek are both struggling all of a sudden. We can’t make the playoffs if goalies and D don’t get their act together.

I really dont think Petr has been bad most of those goals against the Caps and Bolts were bad D. Riem in the other hand had a total crap game but hasnt played in awhile. Hopefully they both shake it off and get back to their normal play 

Just now, Derailed75 said:

I really dont think Petr has been bad most of those goals against the Caps and Bolts were bad D. Riem in the other hand had a total crap game but hasnt played in awhile. Hopefully they both shake it off and get back to their normal play 

Well, we shall see on Friday and Saturday 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Canes two point lead on the Flyers and within 3 of Pitt. Hoping for a Pitt loss tonight.

I know - just how the heck did they get 5 points ahead of us anyhow?

Just now, LakeLivin said:

Just announced on radio that Willy is officially coming back.

Tripp dropped the bomb, not even in ESPN yet

1 minute ago, bluedevilcane said:

What do Ned’s and Forsberg’s numbers look like. Looks like Checkers are on the upswing. But is either of them an upgrade?

Ned having .910 but has been catching fire recently

Forsburg is .909 and also has been playing lights out recently.

Save % aren’t world beating, but they’re vastly improved from the start of the season 

21 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Not really.  If we'd lost it would have been a 4 point difference as compared to a win, but as is, the difference is only 1 point. 

Oh okay, I get the math now.

So even a win in Regulation would have only been a 2 point swing, but Canes not getting 2 points and Flyers do, then there is a 4 point difference in standings.

So basically we distanced ourselves by only 1 point tonight instead of 2.

Edited by CanesFan2003
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Caniac514 said:

Probably just on time, as the team needs to get its act together

Get him ready for Friday 

As my left fielder used to say. "It was nip n tuck. And we TUCK it"  Three pretty ones from 111. Great hesitation by Dougie to open the D man and goalie 5 hole. 13-3-1. 

7 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Just announced on radio that Willy is officially coming back.

Dang, announced apparently on the Post game show as well, but had changed channel to catch up on the News before going to bed and missed it!

1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

Now that he's signed, playoffs or bust.

I hope we’re making phone calls before the trade deadline to see if we can make improvements