The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Desert Dogs vs Canes...10 Jan 2020

4 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Need to put in Nino's  locker.

aCxGQ0-bRiJdyrbtPvcFg_0qwYBeo6t3DHeVl0aGX4Y.jpg

The best sports movie ever, with Slapshot a very close second.Bob Uecker just about made me wet myself.

Edited by winger52
  • Like 1

I was entertained for s full 60. Great defense, nice crisp passing and nice goals. Nice that the refs let the game flow for the most part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caniac514 said:

You think Foegel goal is GWG? because Necas and Wallmark get their stars.

Definitely the game winner.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Wait, what?  He actually plays positive hockey!?!?

Plus assist on Foegs goal, so he has 3 pts to go to be out of your doghouse :) 

• Like 2

January to January. 14-3-1. Might have to start a gofundme gas money. Great defensive showing. Timely goals. Recipe for deep run. Fun crowd. Ducks in a row. Looking for 15 tomorrow.

Foeges, Wally, and Necas.  Not stars, but two of them I love watching have success over the last two seasons as they they broke through. The other guy skates like the wind and does stuff like tonight.

Again, go Foeges, Wallly, and now, Marty

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

That was a good hockey

edit: They need to bring in a priest to exorcise Nino's stick

FIFY 

7 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Just curious, what’d John say in his tribute to Peart?

An amazing talent, one of the great drummers of all time, fought brain cancer for over a year (which is accurate, but not: it was actually over three years), big hockey fan, will be missed.

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 2

That was the kind of hockey this team--and by that I mean this defense--can play, anytime it decides to. We saw yet again the importance of letting your keeper get a feel early, versus a bombardment.

Tripp is right that Hams needs to make better pinching decisions, but I am beginning to think that our eventual best all-around (i.e., 200-foot) D man might be Pesce. I don't see him ever having the bomb from the blue line that Dougie does, but think there are several more levels of offense to his game that we have yet to see, especially from the top of the circles on down. He's already showing some of them on the playmaking side of things.

I still seriously hope Svech gets moved back with The Cherubs and that Nino gets the view from the rafters when Willy returns. At this point he (Nino) is playing poorly enough that he's more likely to get better with some time off the ice than with more time on it.

Put Willy with Jordo and Martinook and give that trio fourth-line minutes. It'll help Willy get up to speed, and if you reward McGinn and Wally and Foegele with second-line mins, you actually spread talent top-to-bottom in an effective way, versus Brindy's approach of keep Svech and The Cherubs apart, which has diminished scoring instead of boosting it. Take it one game at a time, and see what happens; maybe you move Martinook up instead of McGinn, or platoon them situationally (i.e., D-zone faceoffs) so Marty is Wally's backup at the dot.

The Kings would certainly be the opponent to test some new configs against.

TT - Aho - Svech

McGinn/Martinook - Wallmark - Foegele

Necas - Haula - daZee

Willy - Jordo - Martinook/McGinn

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

That was the kind of hockey this team--and by that I mean this defense--can play, anytime it decides to. We saw yet again the importance of letting your keeper get a feel early, versus a bombardment.

Tripp is right that Hams needs to make better pinching decisions, but I am beginning to think that our eventual best all-around (i.e., 200-foot) D man might be Pesce. I don't see him ever having the bomb from the blue line that Dougie does, but think there are several more levels of offense to his game that we have yet to see, especially from the top of the circles on down. He's already showing some of them on the playmaking side of things.

I still seriously hope Svech gets moved back with The Cherubs and that Nino gets the view from the rafters when Willy returns. At this point he (Nino) is playing poorly enough that he's more likely to get better with some time off the ice than with more time on it.

Put Willy with Jordo and Martinook and give that trio fourth-line minutes. It'll help Willy get up to speed, and if you reward McGinn and Wally and Foegele with second-line mins, you actually spread talent top-to-bottom in an effective way, versus Brindy's approach of keep Svech and The Cherubs apart, which has diminished scoring instead of boosting it. Take it one game at a time, and see what happens; maybe you move Martinook up instead of McGinn, or platoon them situationally (i.e., D-zone faceoffs) so Marty is Wally's backup at the dot.

The Kings would certainly be the opponent to test some new configs against.

TT - Aho - Svech

McGinn/Martinook - Wallmark - Foegele

Necas - Haula - daZee

Willy - Jordo - Martinook/McGinn

^ Actually agree with all of this. Pesce has a sick wrister and should use it more. He moves the puck well and very accurately passes  outlet passes. I see him as having the ability to QB the powerplay on the second unit. The lines mentioned are exactly what I have been wanting to see pre William's and now with William's included. I'd just flop the second and third lines. William's definately on the 4th line with Jordo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

You must not be aware of Nicky's work in the blessing field.

I am, but it’ll take more than him to cure Nino’s ills 

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

I am, but it’ll take more than him to cure Nino’s ills 

Thx to winger52 for reminding me of Jobu.....exactly what Nino needs. Just dont touch the rum. Jobu does need daily offerings to keep his mojo going.