The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Carolina Whalers vs. LA Queens 11 Jan 2020

(Sorry guys, currently in Vegas and working this via iPhone, so it’s gonna be a lightweight one).

Hartford/Carolina WhalerCanes vs Los Angeles Kings

Saturday, 11 Jan 2020...7 pm EST

Well, THAT’S MORE LIKE IT!  A night after blanking the Desert Dogs, we are back at it and looking to put the ship back on course to the playoffs.  Due to a lot of Metro teams above us selling their souls for W’s, we are still in WC1...only 2 points ahead of WC2 and THREE POINTS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.  No pressure gents, but a W today is crucial.

Our opponent started this season looking to have abdicated faster than Edward VIII (the Duke of Windsor), but have shown signs of a royal pardon recently, beating Boston, Philly, and Vegas in the past few weeks.

Keep your foot on the gas boys and smash em with their own scepters!

Probably Reimer vs Quick in the goalie battle...

Edited by AWACSooner
  • Like 1

In back-to-backs so far this season Canes are 6-2-0 in the first game and 4-3-0 in the second. 5-3 sounds a lot better than 4-4.  I'll be the first to say it: Just Win!

Edited by LakeLivin

Just now, LakeLivin said:

In back-to-backs so far this season, Canes are 6-2-0 in the first game and 4-3-0 in the second. 5-3 sounds a lot better than 4-4.  I'll be the first to say it: Just Win!

Just wait til March...

Early and often. Bottom dwellers seem to react according to what you do to them early. Give no hope so the music man can play "Sweet Caroline" at the under 6 stoppage. Lets GO GREEN.

• Like 1

d2014-10-0224-640x316.jpg

The Charles W. Morgan is the last of an American whaling fleet that numbered more than 2,700 vessels. Built and launched in 1841, the Morgan is now America’s oldest commercial ship still afloat – only the USS Constitution is older.

Over an 80-year whaling career, the Morgan embarked on 37 voyages with most lasting three years or more. Built for durability, not speed, she roamed every corner of the globe in her pursuit of whales. She is known as a “lucky ship,” having successfully navigated crushing Arctic ice, hostile natives, countless storms, Cape Horn roundings and, after she finished her whaling career, even the Hurricane of 1938.

Whalers survive Hurricanes.  Kings do not.

• Like 1

Gotta say I was skeptical about the Whalers jersey thing last year. Turned out it was great. They are sharp and a nice change of pace. Need to beat LA. They have a bad road record and we get to play the Caps again next. So long as we don't let down, we should get it.

I keep thinking with the sudden emergence of ppg Wallmark and ppg Foegele we're going to lay a snowman on someone. Not saying it's tonight, but we have a lot of firepower.

Imagine if Nino got rolling.

Just win and coupled with an Islander loss against the Bruins tonight we would be within 1 point of the Isles. The Isles have a stretch of 7 games in 11 days so our target should be scoped in. Amazing considering the Isles start to the year.

Edited by slapshot02

My live attendance home record is 2-3 this year so far.  With 3 of the worst losses of the year, and I'm on a 3 game losing streak.

It would be my desire to get back on track and get a win tonight.  I don't have a Whale jersey, but I have an ugly T-shirt I got for donating blood that has all the right colors!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

My live attendance home record is 2-3 this year so far.  With 3 of the worst losses of the year, and I'm on a 3 game losing streak.

It would be my desire to get back on track and get a win tonight.  I don't have a Whale jersey, but I have an ugly T-shirt I got for donating blood that has all the right colors!

Like my abysmal road attendance record until last season, it’s gonna end sometime 

12 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

e91138_f47b594e10f44fe9bcaf3f37578c4a8f_mv2_d_1292_1292_s_2.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I feel your pain. I need to see a win. I’m very much into team legacy so will be all whaled out. Even to New England Whalers time.

72FE55A4-E34A-41BD-ADE5-ABAB370406CA.jpeg

Edited by cc
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, hag65 said:

The Charles W. Morgan is the last of an American whaling fleet that numbered more than 2,700 vessels.

If you are in Mystic, CT I highly recommend checking out this ship.  Really cool.

Go Canes.

Is there no pre game show tonight? Nhl app shows there a game and I can watch the Kings pre game but nothing for us?

Edited by Derailed75

6 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Is there no pre game show tonight? Nhl app shows there a game and I can watch the Kings pre game but nothing for us?

It’s on the nhl app now....

Just now, MisterDobz said:

It’s on the nhl app now....

Thanks. Got it on now. Didnt watch much of theirs but I watched long enough to see that Sara Civ gets airtime on their pregame but I have never seen her on ours

So for anyone not here, during warmups the pics they put up on the board of the players had them with 80’s hair-do’s and some with 80’s staches. Really funny, in particular Dougie, Svech, Wallmark and Teraveinen. So well done!

4 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Thanks. Got it on now. Didnt watch much of theirs but I watched long enough to see that Sara Civ gets airtime on their pregame but I have never seen her on ours

Wow, checked her out, the heck with Trip and John, I’ll be watching the LA feed!