The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Caps...the rubber match...13 Jan 2020

well if last night's game doesn't result in JW getting in the lineup next game, they may as well put a suit on him and put him behind the bench.  No net front presence and no sense of urgency at all.  It is damn embarrassing to see your team get pushed around all night with little to no fight back whatsoever.  Play the game that you have to play to be successful.  FRUSTRATING

Edited by Tightlinez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

How do you play a team when anytime a stick taps their shin guards they dive AND get the call? 12 year olds stay on their skates better then the Caps.

Absolutely true. There was more Caps diving than.... a thing that has a lot of diving.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Frustrating game by all accounts.  Flush it and move on.

I know guys, and I'm saddened, BUT I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night AND my Tigahs won the CFP!!! Many things are right with the world if the Canes can go on a win streak?

• Like 2

I've given it some thought since the game ended and i've decided i prefer it when the Canes shut out their opponent to when the opponent shuts out the Canes.

• Like 2

The next 3 in 4 looms large. We need to get the 4 point swing on the surging Blue Jackets in their building, not let down on the return home back to back vs Anaheim, and close strong in the 3rd in 4 vs the NYI. It's asking a lot but a sweep of those three games would put space between us and the chasers and close in on the NYI. 

• Like 2

Apparently if the goalie maintains skate contact with the crease he can touch the puck in the trapezoid. Didn't know that little nuance of the rule.

5 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Frustrating game by all accounts.  Flush it and move on.

That's been a theme on this board since about Dec 1.  You gotta make sure your water bill doesn't go above 4, or else the extra charge will get ya in Raleigh.

• Like 2