The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Caps...the rubber match...13 Jan 2020

I don't understand how the Canes go from being such a well organized, dominate team that played against LA, to this dud of not even an AHL level effort

Is it mad swings in the level of play of the Canes, or is it the difference in playing against the Kings versus playing against the Caps?

One thing JW will bring back to the team.....Well timed Patience with gaining control in the D end. Instead of having none and throwing the puck to no one or icing it when the up ice pass isn't there or is tightly defended. Speed game has gone to their egos when control is sometimes the wiser option.

• Like 3

Just now, CanesFan2003 said:

I don't understand how the Canes go from being such a well organized, dominate team that played against LA, to this dud of not even an AHL level effort

Is it mad swings in the level of play of the Canes, or is it the difference in playing against the Kings versus playing against the Caps?

Both...and a lack of steadying leadership 

1 minute ago, CanesFan2003 said:

Got to be largely mental.

2 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Is it just me or do we seems intimidated by these guys? I mean come on. Man up.

They’re practically assaulting us on the ice 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Both...and a lack of steadying leadership 

Not sure I agree about the leadership. Rod is the same guy he has always been. The letters a well liked and respected by the team. I think the biggest issue is the age. This is a very young team and with youth come inconsistency. As much as some people like to blame Jordan for everything, it's just a young team.

I will state again through the same amount of games Jordan's Canes are much better point wise then Willy's Canes.

• Like 1

Just now, Derailed75 said:

I will state again through the same amount of games Jordan's Canes are much better point wise then Willy's Canes.

Apples and oranges...Jordo’s team was set up for success by JWilly’s team

2 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Not sure I agree about the leadership. Rod is the same guy he has always been. The letters a well liked and respected by the team. I think the biggest issue is the age. This is a very young team and with youth come inconsistency. As much as some people like to blame Jordan for everything, it's just a young team.

Jordan is playing well, I seem to repeat that a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Just cause the home stand is over doesnt mean you have to reach for reasons to bash Jordan again. He has his own issues leading the team isnt one of them. He needs to be better in the Ozone and find some net but leading isnt a problem, the trams youth is the biggest reason they are a different team from night to night

6 minutes ago, jimd said:

Aho and Svech slumping.

Put a black hole on each line and the big guns struggle.  Its almost predictable.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Put a black hole on each line and they the big guns struggle.  Its almost predictable.

Rod must be thinking “spread the wealth” is the way to go...otherwise, it’d be Nino, Jordo, and DZ on the “leper colony” line 

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

Put a black hole on each line and they the big guns struggle.  Its almost predictable.

Some who I dont think its Staal or Ninos fault that those guys have been whiffing on passes right on their sticks. And seems Foegele had no problem putting a pass from Staal just recently

Just now, CanesFan2003 said:

Isles lost tonight, sobwould have been the perfect time to win.

Ain’t over yet...still 15 mins to go 

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

They’re practically assaulting us on the ice 

Yes, they always seem to take a few extra liberties against us.

Running our goalie, ripping helmets off our heads, a drive by elbowing when Foegle is down on the ice, etc...

Youths hear things differently than the experienced.  Rod could say, “We need two points from this pair of road games,” and it would be taken two different ways:  (1) let’s beat the Caps and the Blue Jackets will be gravy or (2) let’s mail it in in DC and give it our best in Columbus.

Edited by magpiemaniac

How the hell a team lead by RBA allows their unable to protect himself goalie get speared is un-****ing believable to me. 

Moving on from Ferland was smart but vs these punk *edit* teams not replacing him was the mistake.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Agree.

A lot of the early success this year is spill over from what they learned from last year, and leadership effects from Justin carring over to this year.

They learned last year how to be a good team and that they could be, and some good habits.

But maybe what they other guy was saying is true, that the youthfulness of the team is causing some of the inconsistency.

Edited by CanesFan2003