The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

NHL trade deadline talk (Feb. 24, 2020 at 3pm ET)

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

Waddell tried that once or twice with the Thrashers .   look at where it got them .

Agree with Crakn, Cff, no where similar to present.

5 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

so smart on the habs .  they picked him off free agency and traded him for a 3rd round pick .   

And retained HALF of his LEAGUE MINIMUM salary cap hit.  

4 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Cff, you didn't have to record yourself?

It's not me  lol.   just a small crash course on History of Waddell . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

With regards to Kovalchuk, gonna go on a limb and say it's a league record to be taking up space on four different teams salary cap.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

It's not me  lol.   just a small crash course on History of Waddell . 

When you beat a dead horse two years ago and then exsume the body to continue the beating

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Well, tomorrow is either gonna be lots of fireworks or a complete dud 

If history has taught me anything, it's the latter?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

When you beat a dead horse two years ago and then exsume the body to continue the beating

Well his morale hasn’t improved yet ;)

1 hour ago, Derailed75 said:

Looks like the Bolts are signing Bogosian 

They can have him. Not sure why he was on the outs in Buffalo, but they were ready to send him to the A. We have SO many guys in Charlotte with different skill sets that ought to be ready to contribute, including Forsling who has 122 games under his belt in the NHL, Bean- an offensive oriented AHL all star, Priskie, a college pickup that by all accounts was sought by many teams. If the Committee is not ready to promote one of them, package someone to get an experienced D from another team. I’m okay either way and just have to trust management to make the best decision.

And for those talking about fate, maybe fate is our goalies and Pesce going down Saturday rather than Tuesday when we would have no trade options.

• Like 2

I’m coming around to the idea that Waddell was hamstrung in Atlanta, much like PK limited our options for years. So far,MyTeams moves made this offseason haven’t completely panned out, but I think maybe he does know what he is doing. So I guess whatever we do, I’m placing my trust in Donnie and whomever else has a say.

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

I’m coming around to the idea that Waddell was hamstrung in Atlanta, much like PK limited our options for years. So far,MyTeams moves made this offseason haven’t completely panned out, but I think maybe he does know what he is doing. So I guess whatever we do, I’m placing my trust in Donnie and whomever else has a say.

I will Admit he was to some degree with that company that owned the thrashers .    And keep in mind   Waddell  did not have   just one owner that wanted to build the culture   like Dundon   but  the fact still remains  from those slight differences , we still see  some  shades of things Waddell    has done in the past    kinda  happen still .     If it's Dundons  fault  for trying to force a trade  vs  Waddell   i would assume  it's a safe bet  we all kinda would know why  .   The last thing  id hate to see is this team take on diminishing returns .  Gardiner ,  Reimer ,    to trade away talent  , Gauthier .   just as a small example .   For the most part Waddell     did do some things right ,   Nino ,  Bokk  possibly  ,  Keane  possibly  and Fox trade for 2nd round pick  which is possible .   I just hope  for the best  like we all do .  Im just a little more critical . 

Not a betting man. But if we can and do go for a D. Jonas  Brodin.   Not quite a rental and a RHD.

• Like 1

I don't know what to expect today. I suppose a lot depends on the extent of the injuries to Pesce, Mrazel and Riemer. It appeared we were trying to trade for a Dman before the injuries and maybe a goalie or a top forward. If we end up with no move and reliance on our Chex replacements I'm ok with it but would prefer a trade.

I just hope that we don't get foolish and end up with an issue we can't get rid of down the road.  Stupid things happen when you feel backed into a corner.  As far as D goes, we are not replacing Pesce with what is available.  Bring up the youth in Charlotte and see what happens.  I have no idea what to think of the goalie situation.  Do we feel like we are legit in the playoff run at this point to go out and spend big $ on a goalie?  I hear Lehner alot.  How much do you pay this guy if he is willing to sign here and more importantly, do you bother with him if he isn't willing to sign?  Giving our inconsistency as of late, are we best to hold our dollars and plan for next year?  I hope these guys get in but to be honest, I would not bet $1 on it at this point.  I do not think that our team is soft or not talented, but you have to face reality here boys and girls, we are barely hanging on and he other teams around us in the Metro are seemingly getting better.  CBJ, Rags, Flyers are all coming on strong.  Not trying to be negative, trying to keep it real.  Most of us remember how bad contracts kept us from achieving goals and acquiring good players under Rutherford.  I don't want to see us back there again.  I think we screw up royally if we go out and try to play in the deadline market too heavily giving our current situation.  I am sure there are a lot of GM's foaming at the mouth right now just waiting to "help us out".  Now what do I know about managing a damn hockey team, NOTHING, but I feel better since I ranted.

One trade rumor I saw this morning said we are not willing to trade our #1 draft pick for Lehner. I don't think we will over pay for a rental like Lehner. Interest appears to be there but reason will win the day. At least I hope.

As for me I hope we find an experienced Dman.  It isn't so much that players like McKeown, Bean and others don't deserve a look but rather that we are already missing two top 4 Dmen to injury. We have two D men skating out of their normal position. I think we need to at least try to fix our D

Of course we haven't seen an update yet on the injuries so maybe we get some good news.

• Like 2

Deangelo with the rags looks to be one of the more friendlier cap hits and he does have some production (13 goals, 32 assist, under $1 mill cap hit).  Dumba is going to be costly and his numbers (21 points, 6 Mill cap hit) arent as good as Deangelo if NHL network has their stats correct.  

8 minutes ago, Tightlinez said:

Deangelo with the rags looks to be one of the more friendlier cap hits and he does have some production (13 goals, 32 assist, under $1 mill cap hit).  Dumba is going to be costly and his numbers (21 points, 6 Mill cap hit) arent as good as Deangelo if NHL network has their stats correct.  

Got to pay DeAngelo for next year and beyond  though 

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1