The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

NHL trade deadline talk (Feb. 24, 2020 at 3pm ET)

42 minutes ago, Tightlinez said:

11:01 - Marleau heads to Pittsburgh

Toronto Maple Leafs legend Patrick Marleau is on the move.

The San Jose Sharks have traded the veteran forward to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a third-round pick 

So the guy whome Canes pay most if his salary this year will play against Canes

• Like 1

Soooo, with all the hype on the Trochek trade which everyone it appears is scrambling to justify, and make no mistake about this, a 4 for 1 deal seems a little much but I personally love the deal, BUT I'm still wondering how this apparent lateral move solves any of the problems created from Saturday? Seems like a "bait and switch" so far. I mean we lost both goalies and another top 1/2 defenseman, and counter that with a top 2 it appears, centerman. Are we trying to address those substantial injuries, or count on the adrenaline rush we got from our new found EBUG's dominance of the Maple Leafs (combined course with the team learning what it's like to truly play for one another) to carry us thru these last 21 games? Just wondering???

3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:
47 minutes ago, Tightlinez said:

So the guy whome Canes pay most if his salary this year will play against Canes

Maybe he'll give us a break?

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

Soooo, with all the hype on the Trochek trade which everyone it appears is scrambling to justify, and make no mistake about this, a 4 for 1 deal seems a little much but I personally love the deal, BUT I'm still wondering how this apparent lateral move solves any of the problems created from Saturday? Seems like a "bait and switch" so far. I mean we lost both goalies and another top 1/2 defenseman, and counter that with a top 2 it appears, centerman. Are we trying to address those substantial injuries, or count on the adrenaline rush we got from our new found EBUG's dominance of the Maple Leafs (combined course with the team learning what it's like to truly play for one another) to carry us thru these last 21 games? Just wondering???

I think the Canes are still working on a D-man in Minny and a goalie in Chicago, but in both situations it's a game of chicken.  Canes won't be selling the farm for either piece.

7 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Maybe he'll give us a break?

TSN reports that he was begging to come back to Carolina and TD told him to **** up a rope:)

3 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Simmonds  with Skinner ?  yeah thats  not going to go well  if they have to play on the same line 

3 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Simmonds  with Skinner ?  yeah thats  not going to go well  if they have to play on the same line 

Friendly fire possible there

1 hour ago, sleekfeeder said:

Dundon isn't going to pay alot for this muffler. At least I don't think. Good for him, and good for us. Please don't make me eat my words.

(Old auto repair company commercial quote for those of you like me old enough to get this)

49 minutes ago, remkin said:

Yeah I've used that line a few times on here. I love it, but I'm not sure a lot of other share my love for it.

I think I was the first to resurrect that Meineke line.  How can anyone not like those commercials, lol?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I think I was the first to resurrect that Meineke line.  How can anyone not like those commercials, lol?

Was it before July 2010?

Joe Corvo re-signs for 2 years

remkin replied to TSA's topic in Hurricanes Talk

...but he is "not going to spend a lot for thismuffler, uh defenseman. I have always been ambivalent about Corvo. Definitely smooth skating and skilled with the puck, and on balance decent defensively, but prone to lapses and questionable decisions. Still, one can put him in the top 4 with a straight...

3 minutes ago, remkin said:

Was it before July 2010?

Joe Corvo re-signs for 2 years

remkin replied to TSA's topic in Hurricanes Talk

...but he is "not going to spend a lot for thismuffler, uh defenseman. I have always been ambivalent about Corvo. Definitely smooth skating and skilled with the puck, and on balance decent defensively, but prone to lapses and questionable decisions. Still, one can put him in the top 4 with a straight...

Nope, lol.  I wasn't even around the board in 2010, just didn't recall seeing the phrase used since I did join in 2013.  So, independent references. You know what they say about warped minds thinking alike . . . uh, wait, that doesn't seem quite right.  :huh:

Edited by LakeLivin

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Rod said petr has a concussion 

And that none of Saturday’s injuries were “short term.”   The clock runs out in 2.5 hours.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Ok, so it's Eklund, but I'm running out of stuff to read:

HockeyBuzz

Today @ 12:27 PM ET  
Florida and Carolina Leading way on Kapanen Among other teams

As in Kasperi?