The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

NHL trade deadline talk (Feb. 24, 2020 at 3pm ET)

1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

Isnt Vatinen been injured for three weeks.

yes he has been on IR for a couple of weeks

Edited by gocanes0506

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/02/14/new-jersey-devils-news-team-places-sami-vatanen-on-ir-calls-up-nick-merkley/

"Vatanen has been out for two weeks after blocking a shot that bruised his right leg. Since he’s technically been on injured reserve for over seven days now, he’s allowed to return to the roster at any time."

Sounds short-term 

OK here is my 2 cents-  I've heard enough from y'all black clouders.  Many have been complaining that we needed better D for our goalies since Dougie went out. Then we lost Pesce.  We went out and got not one but two NHL ready D.  Isn't that enough for ya?  Number one goalies don't grow on trees and without D help  a goalie wasn't going to help us much.  SO, we got the D and we are going to trust that our AHL'ers can handle the rest. Perhaps Reimer and or Mrazek wont be out too long.  Its not like they have been lights out lately.  Have a little faith.  It works wonders.  RANT OVER

• Like 4

I don’t know why I browse Twitter for trade news comments.  Filled with dunces whose sole ice knowledge is limited to renting a pair of skates at Ober Gatlinburg.  Everybody’s a ******** expert nowadays.  🙄

24 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

2 forwards gone, only 1 coming back.  I haven't seen anything about him being recalled tho.

Canes roster page lists 12 forwards, hence my question on why we need a recall.

Edited by Caniac514

Can't trust Dundon for nothing. If he says we're not gonna do anything at the deadline put on your seatbelt cause he's full of crap.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Can't trust Dundon for nothing. If he says we're not gonna do anything at the deadline put on your seatbelt cause he's full of crap.

LOL yeah I remember that quote too....of course in fairness that comment was made prior to the Saturday night massacre...

Edited by RickD_99
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

He is a quick study. GM speak 101.

3 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Okay, thanks. Thought it was scheduled for 3pm, but that was prior to the last minute frenzy.

They pushed it back 30 mins, then back again...said could be an hour and a half, so hopefully soon

Just now, donwalrus said:

They pushed it back 30 mins, then back again...said could be an hour and a half, so hopefully soon

Will it be streamed, or somehow we can pick up? maybe Canes site?

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

Will it be streamed, or somehow we can pick up? maybe Canes site?

not sure if live, but definitely the video section on the site

Interestingly, they already have Trocheck on the roster (#16 I know you all know), but the other 2, nada? Maybe they are still working out specifics, also a reason to postpone the pressor?

Edited by KJUNKANE

My opinion and the experts on NHL tv, the front office sill hasn't addressed the main issue with the team, size and physical play. Boston probably won the cup today by getting Richie to go along with the size and physical play the bruins already have.

Looking at the schedule, we’re at home Tuesday and Friday and away on Saturday.  Then the Canes have a four-day break before heading out on a five-game road trip.  That should give the new guys enough time to settle in with some practice days in Raleigh.  Crunch time is now, so things need to start clicking pretty quickly.

If we can just channel this energy from Miracle on Ice II on Saturday, the Canes can go far.  🤞

Edited by magpiemaniac
  • Like 1