The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

January 16th Canes at BJs!!! 7 PM on FS-CR

3 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Sometimes, the goalie just needs to make a big save. Their’s did,our’s didn’t.

The Theme Song of Canes' goalies it seems like forever? Of course they do give us spectacular play from time to time also, which starts to generate "hope", but then we're brought back to earth with a game like last night's. And where did CBJ find a goalie like that guy? Maybe the Russian we drafted this last draft will be that type of hidden gem?

8 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Story of our season

Boy is it having to adult up just to look at any hockey news this morning. Don't tell us yet, and just list him in the injuries and scratches for a game or two.

11 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

And don’t let Gardiner ON the ice...call up Bean

I was saying that a month or two ago, and most on this board said look at Hamilton, Gardiner will come around.

47 minutes ago, beboplar said:

I was saying that a month or two ago, and most on this board said look at Hamilton, Gardiner will come around.

Yah, Dougie at least was making plays and positive contributions last season, albeit without putting points up like we thought he would.  Gardiner has been a NEGATIVE play since day one...with ZERO signs of consistent improvement

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

Yah, Dougie at least was making plays and positive contributions last season, albeit without putting points up like we thought he would.  Gardiner has been a NEGATIVE play since day one...with ZERO signs of consistent improvement

Gardiner saved the game in the crease last night late. Just sayin'.

2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Gardiner saved the game in the crease last night late. Just sayin'.

Yes, and I gave him props for that...but one play does not consistency make...

• Like 2

Mraz guessed stick side and Foligno went glove. It happens, but I want to know why he felt like he had to guess at all. He had a clean look and seemed far enough out that with a little patience he makes the save. I'm guessing he had drifted left to his and figured Foligno would go for the more open side.  

Regardless, I'm not as upset about this result as some seem. Down their top Dman the Canes shut down a very good team in their barn most of the night, and I agree with the Jordan's assessment that games like this usually break your way. This one didn't, that's hockey, move on--and don't read more into it than is actually there.

7 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Yes, and I gave him props for that...but one play does not consistency make...

I never said it did, but I don't agree with your POV that he hasn't improved. He's a far cry from those first 10 or 15 games, and now he's got the chance to step up the rest of the way. If Roddy "stick by my guys" Brind'Amour stays true to form, everybody moves up a pair and we see McKeown or another Checker platooning in the seven slot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Mraz guessed stick side and Foligno went glove. It happens, but I want to know why he felt like he had to guess at all. He had a clean look and seemed far enough out that with a little patience he makes the save. I'm guessing he had drifted left to his and figured Foligno would go for the more open side.  

Regardless, I'm not as upset about this result as some seem. Down their top Dman the Canes shut down a very good team in their barn most of the night, and I agree with the Jordan's assessment that games like this usually break your way. This one didn't, that's hockey, move on--and don't read more into it than is actually there.

I love your positive attitude on this top, but losing Hamilton for at least 8-10 weeks(guessing) surely is a downer? Particularly if anyone besides 22 and 74 are on the ice? Wonder if it's time for DW to attempt to bring in a Dman?

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

I love your positive attitude on this top, but losing Hamilton for at least 8-10 weeks(guessing) surely is a downer? Particularly if anyone besides 22 and 74 are on the ice? Wonder if it's time for DW to attempt to bring in a Dman?

Next cowboy up, KJUN. Giddy up and ride. That's the whole point of building depth.

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Next cowboy up, KJUN. Giddy up and ride. That's the whole point of building depth.

I'm game, but we better buckle up as this ride is about to get bumpy? Love to see Bean or Priskie tried?

As much as it sucks that Hamilton is out for pretty much the rest of the season, I hope that it serves as a huge wakeup call to the entire team to start showing up on time again and bring a 60 minute effort every game...if they want to make the playoffs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

I'm game, but we better buckle up as this ride is about to get bumpy? Love to see Bean or Priskie tried?

either of them or McKeown would be fine by me, provided whomever it is STAYS HOME. We're not going to replace Dougie's offense with anyone from CLT, so I'd rather have a shutdown guy and force Roddy to put the SAT line back together to bump scoring and keep the back end tight than attempting to do the impossible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, caniac6 said:

Outside of 2 shutouts, that’s been happening a lot lately. If something doesn’t change, it’s going to cost us. I remember at the beginning of the season, a lot of folks said this team could go far if the goaltending holds up. Prophetic.

We are supposed to be organizationally deep on D. Time to prove it. We need to see 74 and 22 together again for sure. Based on what I saw last night, I don’t hold out much hope that we get Dougie back at all this year. It sucks for him to have such a brutal injury, and right before he was going to play in his first (well deserved) all-star game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

We are supposed to be organizationally deep on D. Time to prove it. We need to see 74 and 22 together again for sure. Based on what I saw last night, I don’t hold out much hope that we get Dougie back at all this year. It sucks for him to have such a brutal injury, and right before he was going to play in his first (well deserved) all-star game.

I'm just hopeful his ankle wasn't also broken. Mine sure don't bend that way.

On the in season thread, they are saying broken fibula. It looked to me like he could have broken his ankle with a lot of soft tissue injury as well. Maybe it could have been worse. I hate for us fans, but I hate it for Dougie most of all. 

• Like 1

I hate that Dougie got hurt 😞 Hopefully we will bring the next man up mentality that other teams have used. As much as I despise the Pens look how many long term injuries to good players they have dealt with. And they kept winning. We are going to see what we are made of now.