The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

January 16th Canes at BJs!!! 7 PM on FS-CR

This is a critical game IMO because the teams below us are moving on up. One of the most frustrating things about playing in the East and even more in the Metro is scoreboard watching. It's not just that teams you want to lose win, but they win against teams you think should or at least could beat them. Philly played St Louis in St Louis yesterday. OK, St Louis should do us a solid there. But no. There are example after example of this, but the bottom line is that we have to keep winning because at least at the moment, the top 8 slots in the East are going to leave 2 teams out with 97 and 94 points. (The second team to miss in the West would have 85 points).

As much as I want to catch the NYI, we HAVE to hold off Columbus (hey, we're playing them tonight!), Philly, and Florida. Also, as much as I'd like to catch the NYI, right now that would mean opening up against Pittsburgh on the road, so there is no easy path in the East and just getting in is the key.

Also, we need to show up and win a game like this. This 3 in 4 is tough, but can either give us some space and close in on the NYI, or slide us right out. 

• Like 1

A quick aside. When traveling on these limited trips, do they take Williams with them, which I'm assuming they do in case of an injury, or does he stay back and workout alone?

Brind'Amour in his 2nd  year  coaching  is being overwhelmed by  a ton of  teams in the metro  and the team   he  has to work with   is not making his job any easier  .    I  think what Rod needs right now is  some peace of mind  right about now and that goes for the players also involved , thank god this all star break is coming    so hopefully  it will help  things ( except Hamilton )  in the mean time   lets all just hope for the best  .     Out of all years  the metro  had to be so dominate  .     At least it is keeping the Canes Honest ! 

Edited by Canesfanforever

15 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Brind'Amour in his 2nd  year  coaching  is being overwhelmed by  a ton of  teams in the metro  and the team   he  has to work with   is not making his job any easier  .    I  think what Rod needs right now is  some peace of mind  right about now and that goes for the players also involved , thank god this all star break is coming    so hopefully  it will help  things ( except Hamilton )  in the mean time   lets all just hope for the best  .     Out of all years  the metro  had to be so dominate  .     At least it is keeping the Canes Honest ! 

Haven’t had to bust this out in awhile, but here it is...

E7E61C33-3CA1-4F7F-824E-6C130E2688FC.jpeg

• Like 1

Ugh, we're better than NYI and should be in that #3 spot. Judging from their roster and goals for vs. goals against, we are way better on offense and about the same on D. We swept them last year. Let's get our #3 spot!! 

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

Haven’t had to bust this out in awhile, but here it is...

E7E61C33-3CA1-4F7F-824E-6C130E2688FC.jpeg

What is what i wrote   hard to comprehend ?   By the way get some  new material  !    Your jokes are as old  as  Karmanos 

Like to see Aho get his first goal of 2020. Like to see multiple goals, like to see our D play a solid 60 that they are capable of. Like to see solid goaltending. I have spoken. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

What is what i wrote   hard to comprehend ?   By the way get some  new material  !    Your jokes are as old  as  Karmanos 

Where to start?  Grammar and syntax? Non-existent.  Smooth and logical flow?  None.  Punctuation?  Nada.

Not sure which Canes will show up these days. It’s a new day so lets kick some *edit* out there 👍🏽

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

As an aside my daughter and her boyfriend ran into Dzingle at a Starbucks by Nationwide, said he called them out wearing their Canes gear. 

• Like 1

I dont like playing at CBJ.  And we get to face another rookie goalie whos been hot. Its time for Aho to get out of his funk. We need him to be the best player on the ice tonight. Its possible we are out of a playoff spot tonight with no points. 

31 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

I hope Dzingle calls out some goals... So far this is turning out to be a poor signing decision... 

Not the only one...

43 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

I hope Dzingle calls out some goals... So far this is turning out to be a poor signing decision... 

Who would you have back in his place? The team is better this year then last. There are only 6 teams in the league with a better plus scoring (we are at +25). 

Edited by Derailed75

1 minute ago, EyeOfTheStorm said:

Tripp says he has a hunch they will be ready to go on time tonight.

God I hope so!