The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Ducks @ Canes 1/17 7:30

20 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I haven't seen a call up. I guess Fluery gets the game

Didn’t suspect we would call anyone up...as much as I want to see some

Just go out, attack early, play hard, try to limit mistakes. Try your best to score first. If not, shake it off and keep skating. You have to start somewhere. The wheels feel like they are falling off. There is still a TON of hockey left to play. You can't play the rest of the season in one night, nor are you going to win every game.

a run needs to happen tonight.

do we put Gardiner on the top line with Slavin and tell the man, do it or we look elsewhere? Will we? no.  We can't put Pesce and Slavin together.  Slavin and TVR?

Give me Williams on the the 4th line and let Nino sit a night.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 2

Obviously, the playoff race is going to be tight from here on out.  These next three games before the break are vital to the Canes’ chances and will set the tone for a February that isn’t going to be easy.  Six out of a possible six points would be huge.  We might look back to these next five days as the turning point—in one direction or the other—to this season.

• Like 1

RAMBLING.......to ease frustration

Strange as it may sound, one key player out, and it's really a different team for the foreseeable future. One key player in(though prob not tonight) and it's even more different and soon. Key week in the second half no doubt, but the wheels aren't off, just need oiling and the luck of 3 at home before the break and 2 after is big in our favor. We've survived(held serve) through key injuries of shorter duration through 1.5 seasons and this will be no different if we can use the home stand to tweak the D lapses, hear our crowd get behind our netminders, and get back to sustained offensive pressure the results will come. As inconsistent and even bad as our expectations have led us to feel about their play, we STILL hold the cards, we STILL hold a spot, and there's not a person on this board, when it all shakes out, who doesn't think we ARE a better team than the ones we have to fight this thing out with. I have the faith in our guys who've been through it(+ additions), our staff to make the right calls, and us. We're a pretty good team to be where we are in this frustrating eastern dogfight. Most of the time. It's actually been pretty fun thus far looking at the world from a perch closer to the top than the bottom. Tonight, spring hockey season begins in earnest. I'm betting on 2 points. Join me in that sentiment and a friday night drink too.

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

I haven't seen a call up. I guess Fluery gets the game

This gives Fleury a shot at more steady ice time. Good opportunity. IMO he has not caused any significant blunders or anything that caused a loss. If they call someone up instead of playing Fleury....its time to trade him before the TDeadline if possible.

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Aho-Haula-Foegele
Dzingel-Wallmark-Necas
Niederreiter-Martinook-McGinn

Defense

Slavin-Pesce
Gardiner-Edmundson
Fleury-van Riemsdyk

Goalies (not confirmed)

Peas and carrots back together on D

1 hour ago

Justin Williams will not play for the tonight. "It's coming, though. It's coming," Rod Brind'Amour said.

Team played well last night. They controlled play for the majority of the game. In last nights game thread someone made a comment about goalies just having to make 1 or 2 big stops and it's true while Mrazik played well he didnt make those saves when needed. Games played like last night game are wins 90% of the time. Carry that over to tonight and it's a win. 

Just now, Derailed75 said:

Quiet board tonight. Wheres everybody at?

Oops, i muted the TV when that stupid mumble commercial came on and forgot to turn the sound back on...

Just now, Derailed75 said:

Quiet board tonight. Wheres everybody at?

I suspect many are at the game