The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Ducks @ Canes 1/17 7:30

Just now, surfzone365 said:

It goes against everything in me to root for Detroit but LGRW tonight 😶

And they get the Panthers tomorrow night.

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Maybe he is expecting someone to be in the empty ice. If he was playing with some offensive linemates, it might not look so bad.  

Yea maybe, or he's color blind cause it looked like a defender on the other end of the pass.

Edited by legend-1

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Maybe he is expecting someone to be in the empty ice. If he was playing with some offensive linemates, it might not look so bad.  

No he does it anywhere on the ice. D zone, O zone, neutral ice doesnt really matter his passing is sub par. Good thing he makes up with it many other ways.

1 minute ago, Derailed75 said:

No he does it anywhere on the ice. D zone, O zone, neutral ice doesnt really matter his passing is sub par. Good thing he makes up with it many other ways.

We’ll have to disagree on this one. His passing is very underrated, imo.  

Just got off the road and caught last half of 2nd period - missed the goal scoring.

But it seems the Canes are getting plenty of chances, just got to put some past Miller.

Edited by CanesFan2003

Dang. I went away from my computer for a period and a half and I missed. ......  2 pages of discussion about donuts. 

We survived a crappy 2nd. Need to own the 3rd. We can’t lose to the Ducks (twice) if we want to make the playoffs.

Just now, slapshot02 said:

I was hoping for a goal explosion tonight, just cant find the net.

I was hoping to see 14 on the ice tonight...

I was gonna try and remember for the in season thread but I will go ahead now since someone else broke the ice.

Here's my take on our players deficiencies.

Aho and Turbo. Too unselfish, Turbo gets a lot of helpers but both need to shoot more and pass less they are skilled finishers 

Pesce winds up for wrist shots. He'll get get a pass in a prime shooting spot and draw back instead of just shooting.

We already covered Svech

Fluery and TVR are yeoman's and play that roll to a T.

No need to discuss Gardiner

Huala, Nino,  and Dzingle disappear for long stretches. Not really bad play just not making an impact.

Overall this teams passing is pretty bad and needs to improve. If it were improved we would have quite a few more points right now

Edited by Derailed75

5 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I was hoping to see 14 on the ice tonight...

Sunday, I'll be there. The fans will explode. 

6 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Obviously, the playoff race is going to be tight from here on out.  These next three games before the break are vital to the Canes’ chances and will set the tone for a February that isn’t going to be easy.  Six out of a possible six points would be huge.  We might look back to these next five days as the turning point—in one direction or the other—to this season.

4 or 5 teams all bunched within 1 point of each other. Canes, CBJ, Panthers all with 56, maybe Philly or they have 55, and I think one other with 55 or 54.

Isles at 60 points.

We are 1 loss and some other team winning, to drop from WC1 to two or three spots out of a playoff spot.