The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Ducks @ Canes 1/17 7:30

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

Didn’t make the save

made 35/36 before that, got us one point by hinself

• Like 5

Now we follow this up with a divisional opponent in an afternoon game.  Wheee.  Fortunately it's the divisional opponent we have the best luck against so there's hope maybe.

Just now, AWACSooner said:

Losing faith in the committee to do the right thing and bench/trade folks.  

Im disappointed in the lack of accountability by Rod. He talked a big game last season.   

This team is in an offensive funk. This much scoring depth can't score. It's a team thing. Everyone but Aho and a bit of TT. Need to get our game back. Look for J Williams next game IMO

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Im disappointed in the lack of accountability by Rod. He talked a big game last season.   

“Positive reinforcement” and “keep playing our system” AREN’T WORKING, Rod!

Defense played well tonight, despite Dougie's absence.

Right now, we don't have the offense or goaltending to make the playoffs—especially with the hard schedule we have in February and March. 

Something must change.

3 minutes ago, spyglass88 said:

Something must change.

And nothing will...the signs have been clear for over a month now, and they’ve done NOTHING to fix it.

Edited by AWACSooner

Svech couldn't keep the puck on his stick all night. Worst game of his year, although he'd pretty much disappeared anyways since being taken off the first line.

Lots of guys skating around (or standing around) on offense tonight, waiting for someone other than themselves to make something happen--most notably the entire second and third lines. I'm at a complete loss why Wallmark isn't being rewarded and Jordan moved to the fourth, why Nino and Martinook aren't ridin' the pine, and why any of Gaut, Lorentz, and/or Kouk aren't getting a shot. It's time the guys who are on cruise control hit a speed bump. 

Reimer was lights out and too many guys seemed unmotivated to get him the W.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Lots of guys skating around (or standing around) on offense tonight, waiting for someone other than themselves to make something happen--most notably the entire second and third lines. I'm at a complete loss why Wallmark isn't being rewarded and Jordan moved to the fourth, why Nino and Martinook aren't ridin' the pine, and why any of Gaut, Lorentz, and/or Kouk aren't getting a shot. It's time the guys who are on cruise control hit a speed bump. 

This. Not sure why Rod can't get 110% effort out of these guys. JW's return will help, but Rod needs to step up with some accountability.  

• Like 2

I also believe that it’s the job of the letters to motivate the guys and keep them focused on the game...saw that with our C last year...have yet to see that with ANY letter this year 

If we don’t win the next 2 games we’re going to be chasing a playoff spot after the break. Our offense is terrible and has been for awhile. One goal plus an EN vs. the Kings, 2 goals last night, one goal tonight. Justin coming back is not going to solve all our offensive problems. At least we didn’t give up a goal on the first shot tonight, but if everybody (coaches too) don’t get their act together, it won’t be long before we settle into our familiar spot 10 points below the playoff cut line. We have become a very frustrating team to watch.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

And nothing will...the signs have been clear for over a month now, and they’ve done NOTHING to fix it.

Well, they signed JW and there's a new sheriff (Dundon), so I'm not buying that nothing will change. But I'd really like to see Roddy fire a shot across the bow before the break to put guys on notice. As bluedevilcane points out, wins in the next two might be the difference between chasing it and controlling our own destiny.

OTOH, we're not terrible. If we were, that other BD would have surfaced by now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

OTOH, we're not terrible. If we were, that other BD would have surfaced by now. 

He showed up in the last GDT.  So it’s trending in the wrong direction obviously 🙄 

• Like 2

Remember how noticeable the conditioning looked all last year. Seemed to always make an impact in games, even losses. I see no evidence that that edge still exists. And Svech has some physical issue that's more than just nagging I think. Mental mistakes have been his youth norm. Now it's a physical struggle to be on his game and I think his face shows it. Guys look tired as a group. 

• Like 1