The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Aisles @ Canes, 19 Jan 2020

3 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Dooo wuuuttttt.  We bury the guy on offensive void lines and him expect to carry the load of the whole line.  Yet we want to sit him?

He's being Skinnered.

1 hour ago, surfzone365 said:

Only question I have for you all... everyone ok??? Still alive?

Very intense inside the arena. Thought it was a great game even with the low scoring. Had 7 of the Slap fam with me. We brought it home.

After we take care of Winnipeg, Rod has 10 days to figure out why we are scoring one regulation goal per game. I remember when Aho and Svech were on a point a game plus pace. Need Svech back with Aho and TT, maybe change up our PP units and find a way to put Willy where he can score. We had a fast, skilled exciting to watch team most of the season. Rod needs to figure out where it went. There is a lot of skill on this team, but somehow it has stopped producing. So Rod, you’re on the clock. It’s not that entertaining to watch two entire periods a game played 90% in our zone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

*edit* BJ’s just won in the last minute!!

Just saw that... 🤬

We are in WC2

Edited by Caniac514

14 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

*edit* BJ’s just won in the last minute!!

How cool it would be if Canes would have won a game in the last minute from time to time

• Like 2

We’re working through a funk right now and still very much in it. If we are able to catch any wind in our sails and go on a nice run, we easily enter the top 3. 😎

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

9th place in the league and just barely sitting in a wildcard spot.

We’ll make the big dance in April. Fret not my friend 😎

29 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

We’ll make the big dance in April. Fret not my friend 😎

Sorry, but not with this current lineup

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

I was thinking more Coors light I guess. It just didnt have any good flavor. Mich light and Ultra are American lights that taste good. Bud light is ok. But Miller light and Coors have a funky taste the Storm brew tried to emulate. I think they succeeded, but that's not a good thing

Guys, I've been out and I'm catching up, so I'm behind in the thread.  Starting with this...

One of these was enough for me.  "emulated funky taste" is exactly correct.  I'm no light beer fan, but I'll take a Bud L. if forced to drink a light beer.  As much as I want to support local, this stuff stank.  Now, they were giving away their full flavored brews at the 5k.  I had an RB "yellow" full flavor and it was good.  So, RB has some good stuff.

Edited by wxray1

13 hours ago, Red_Storm said:

PNC Arena ice sucks, it’s bad every year... (5th worst in the League per a NHLPA survey in 2018)

The bad ice came in handy during the shoot out.  :)

• Like 3

Just -In Time  -  Picked a great time to use my seat upgrade credits.  Me and the Mrs. made the highlight reel at 1:08.   https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/williams-leads-surge-after-so-win/t-277443700/c-5138464   What a game, totally playoff atmosphere and the Isles pushed us the entire game.  Reimer was so proud, after the game we went out back to get autos and he stopped.  His mom was int he car and videoing her son "getting some love".

• Like 4

Attention all fans 50 and older, for the remainder of the season, heart pills, xanex and oxygen will be available upon exiting through the East and West gates after home games. Exclaiming "Wooooooooo" is strongly discouraged for patients with prior medical issues. This has been a Caniac Service Announcement.

• Like 3

Good Morning Caniacs! Couple take away from last night- Kudos to those giving their seats on the glass to our military -what an experience for them! Loudest house in the NHL! Williams goal- Bickell moment! Canes hockey is back-keep filling the house it brings the magic the team needs -LETS GO CANES!

Last thing points are points some won’t be pretty -most wont be easy-stay focused

Was at the game-missed Coaches press conference after the game-does anyone have a link for it?

Edited by Pkling40

Big win. Needed the 2 points, 1 would not have sufficed. Still struggling to create offense and that is concerning, but getting the 2 points while we figure it out is huge. 

I just can't scoreboard watch. It's a stressful as a game like this.

Winning these things in OT/SO is a sign of improving skill.

As I said last time, can we make Reimer the #1 for a while, please?

Justin Williams still has it. He knows that thing that is so rare. How to make offensive plays happen in the NHL even when his team mostly can't. He was noticeable on a team that is struggling to make plays.

16 minutes ago, remkin said:

As I said last time, can we make Reimer the #1 for a while, please?

Yes, but please lay off the aggressive passing.

Oh and yes, that J Williams shootout goal was priceless. Not only because of the win, but the way it completely baffled Greiss. He just stood there looking down at his legs like a kid who could not figure out why his fly was open.

• Like 1