The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes vs J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets! 21 Jan 2020

Winnipeg Jets @ Carolina Hurricanes

Tuesday, 21 January 2020

7 pm EST

Short and sweet: last game before the all-star vacation...against a desperate team vying for a playoff spot.  Oh wait, that’s us too!

Build on that last game, give J Willy a better line, and offense:  WAKE  UP!

• Like 1

This game has probable taken on more importance than I would of thought a few weeks ago. Heading into the All Star game and bye week in a playoff spot takes on its own importance if only as a confidence building victory. 

On a moderating note we have had some complaints about the increasing use of innuendo on the board. Keeping in mind that the intention of the board is a place to be inclusive of all members I ask that you think before you post.

The word filter is intended to help moderators catch words that might slip through and not a replacement for the actual word that might be offensive. Replacing a word with *edit* while leaving the meaning unchanged is circumventing the intent of the rules.

Robust debate over views is welcome but attacks on each others views are not welcome

Please help make this board an enjoyable experience for all. After all we are all hockey fans.

OBXer

• Like 10

bc1761d9927bb61299350e7c9b03bbe3.png

Avoid the eye poke and go into the All Star break with a win.

the-three-stooges.jpg?1334343587

Proper D for the play.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cc said:

I like these here stoogies.  image.png.512f8cc2c54c0b1cc23f1bb2bb5a21ef.png

I like them too, but they don't have Mo.  They have Mo fistic activity ( Chuck Kaiton).

53 minutes ago, hag65 said:

the-three-stooges.jpg?1334343587

I just gotta say that vocally each of these guys did great impersonations, but boy did Will Sasso nail everything about Curley.

Anyway, I expect a high energy game. Leave it all on the line, you've got a 9-10 day break after this. 

• Like 1

Yeah great point about the break. Go out strong. I'm hoping that J Williams reinforces that. Our game is full tilt. 

On a lesser note. Wonder who's sitting in the Justin Williams Press Box tonight.

Edit: And to answer my own question, based on practice it seems Wallmark might be up for the rest.

do we wear black again?  we have won them a lot more than just Friday's lately.

defensive adjustments with pucks behind the net because of "sveching"

I'll be at the game tonight.  Hoping for the best, bracing for impact.  Who knows?  My record has been so-so.  Brought back a win last game after a losing streak.

And to our moderators, thanks for the reminder about *edit* stuff.  I admit I've gone there a few times.  There's really no need.  And I wish we could back off on comments on one particular commercial.  But I digress.

If you need to speak with a lot of edits, go to the canes subreddit.  Feel free to swear like a sailor.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, remkin said:

On a lesser note. Wonder who's sitting in the Justin Williams Press Box tonight.

Edit: And to answer my own question, based on practice it seems Wallmark might be up for the rest.

PREVIEW; "I envision it being a rotation," Brind'Amour reiterated. "If everyone stays healthy - which we hope - it will be a different guy every night."

27 minutes ago, OBXer said:

PREVIEW; "I envision it being a rotation," Brind'Amour reiterated. "If everyone stays healthy - which we hope - it will be a different guy every night."

I guess Brind'Amour consulted our own LakeLivin.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, OBXer said:

5 hours ago, OBXer said:

On a moderating note we have had some complaints about the increasing use of innuendo on the board. Keeping in mind that the intention of the board is a place to be inclusive of all members I ask that you think before you post.

OBXer

As one of the occasional innuendoers referenced above I hereby acknowledge my guilt and will strive to keep my remarks solely on hockey in the future. I think there is a tendency here for those of us that post regularly to think of ourselves as just a bunch of hockey fans gathered at the local Hooters to watch a game. We should be mindful that not all readers of the forum will bother to register or post even if some of what they see here is offensive to them...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OBXer said:

2 hours ago, remkin said:

I guess Brind'Amour consulted our own LakeLivin.

image.jpeg.1e8ef6b3c01486a7ce0fb8ce618a128a.jpeg

[me, not Brindy :)]

From a "feeling" perspective, this is another big game.  Win and the ship seems more or less back on course.  Lose and concerns rise.  GO CANES! 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Reim time 

Perhaps the upcoming All Star vacation period will allow Mrazek to get the Mragic back in his game...

5 minutes ago, hockeybaby said:

Do we root for the flyers or pens?

If we win and we will win I'm ok pulling for the Flyers. Nothing wrong with knocking the Pens down a peg.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OBXer said:

If we win and we will win I'm ok pulling for the Flyers. Nothing wrong with knocking the Pens down a peg.

Nah I’d rather pull for the Evil Empire to destroy the Philly Cheese Steaks since Philly is closer to us in the standings. The Pens have proven this year that neither injuries nor a nuclear holocaust will prevent them from annoying us. Just like the roaches they’ll still be here long afterwards....

• Like 2

The Jets haven't been playing that great lately.  Take advantage and go into the break feeling good.  Not sure I feel that great about taking a center out of the lineup, but I suppose RB has a plan.

I've always been of the mind to pull against the teams below us when above and below are playing each other. My reasoning is, with so much parity, in order to catch teams above you, you have to go super hot while they level out or even tank for a period just to catch them. Whereas when teams below you lose, it's sort of a buffer for your own mediocrity when it occurs, which we've been prone to all season. With getting in the real main objective, though home seeding can play a bigger role for particular series', separating from the cut line challengers just for me in the full picture carries more weight when inconsistency is too prevalent and does the heart better(lol). Last season was the PERFECT NHL(Canes) example that home ice doesn't carry the weight and is not the be all end all it maybe once was. If teams below lose, and the more the better, they cant catch and pass you, and playing about .600 hockey down the stretch can remain a formula to get in, with a peak still left in the tank as we managed to barely demonstrate. Would I like to catch and pass the top 2, of course, but at their consistency this season it's not likely. I still believe we're #3 in the metro, and a win tonight could make that case arguable.