The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes vs J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets! 21 Jan 2020

MOST ALL the western teams, even better ones(except STL), are just ultra top heavy with 2, maybe 3 dangerous constant scoring threats. As shown by the totally frustrated bush league captain tonight, you get those couple guys off their cool and acting stupid, they're all toast to much better rounded Eastern contenders. All that skating and possession in the middle of the game, and only a couple of real quality chances. Solid D game, and #14 showing youth how ya get not just to the net, but how to be in scoring position once you get there. Solid by Petr, but he's GOT to get his rebounds under control. Waaay to many juicy.

1 minute ago, 2ndsacker said:

Solid by Petr, but he's GOT to get his rebounds under control. Waaay to many juicy.

This...all of this!

11 minutes ago, remkin said:

Man is TT  good. Watching that replay, he is absolutely passing that "shot" to Williams, as in right on his stick. Then he snipes the other goal to the top corner.

And on top of that, already with the suit on, and with the tuke to match the suit.

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I think Pesce won that one

Schiefle landed a solid punch but Pesce manhandled him. Easy win by Pesce

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Flyers blanked Penguins 3-0

Hope the fans were giving Malkin 💩 for his lecturing Evil Empire fans

36 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Nice effort by the whole squad. Count me as wrong on my reservations about bringing JWilly back. 

I already ate my crow tonight....tasty.

9 hours ago, Chuffy_McChufferson said:

Did you see Petr trip Scheifele after the crosscheck on Pesce?

Eye for an eye.  We had a great view of it.

9 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Great to see the crowds back.  I gave two tickets to first time hockey fans.

Text received "This was the best time Jill and I have had in forever.  We will be back, soon.  Thanks for tix!!"

Oh man, it was good for us too.  We were on a run of really bad games for a while, including shut-outs or near-shut outs against.  Totally enjoyed this.

And although the crowd was not up to weekend full, it was still good for a Tuesday.  Been a decade or so to see that kind of mid-season Tuesday crowd against a West team.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Been a decade or so to see that kind of mid-season Tuesday crowd against a West team.

This season we are stellar against West team, that might be the case

I kind of hate to say it, but after that hit on TT, and the cross check to Pesce, I wish we had at least one guy that could keep the other team in line. I don't think we are a soft team, but I hate to see guys do that to our better players. I almost forgot about the hit on Nino. Tripp said he turned, but it looked like a hit from behind to me.

Ya'll really have to taste this Crow, it is some good stuff!!!  Complete team effort tonight.  That is what I have become used to seeing from our team.  Welcome back JW, please forgive me for I know not what I am talking about!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

I kind of hate to say it, but after that hit on TT, and the cross check to Pesce, I wish we had at least one guy that could keep the other team in line. I don't think we are a soft team, but I hate to see guys do that to our better players. I almost forgot about the hit on Nino. Tripp said he turned, but it looked like a hit from behind to me.

I dunno if he's still nursing that core muscle but I would have thought that's Martinooks job. Not full on enforcer but when things get unacceptably bad him or Edmundson should be throwing punches.

10 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I dunno if he's still nursing that core muscle but I would have thought that's Martinooks job. Not full on enforcer but when things get unacceptably bad him or Edmundson should be throwing punches.

He's gotta be nursing it.  Just not the same guy lately.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 8:52 AM, wxray1 said:

He's gotta be nursing it.  Just not the same guy lately.

Although he looked about 100 percent better in terms of speed and interest. Amazing what sitting down will do for a guy.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:23 AM, caniac6 said:

Andrew Shaw.... Get him from the Hawks.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, BadgerCane1958 said:

Andrew Shaw.... Get him from the Hawks.

One better:  Mark Borowiecki from the Sens