The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Scoreboard watching

Scoreboard watching  👀

The playoff push gets real after the All-Star break. I'm always looking to catch teams in front of us but keep one eye on the teams chasing us.

While we sit and wait one game I will be watching tonight.

Winnipeg @ Columbus

CBJ is only a point behind us. Mo needs to give the Peg boys a tongue lashing after being dismantled by us last night. Hey MO give us a little help

The best year in a long time for this squad has ironically been one of the worst years to scoreboard watch. Pittsburgh beats everybody no matter what, oh, except Philly one of about 3 teams I'd actually like to see them beat. Oh and trying to catch the NYI...of course they win. That was just one night. No, that's almost every night. :bangHead:

So tonight the beaten down Jets get to play back to back in Columbus who is very nicely rested, but not too rested. I guess you never know, but odds are Columbus jumps us right before the break. 

The sixth place team's points in each division:

Atlantic: 51 points

Central: 51 points

Pacific: 46 points

Metro: 60 points 

Once again...:bangHead:

OK got that out of my system. But my forehead hurts for some reason.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OBXer said:

CBJ is only a point behind us. Mo needs to give the Peg boys a tongue lashing after being dismantled by us last night. Hey MO give us a little help

Reading some fan comments I get the impression Mo's popularity has reached his 2011-12 level with the Canes (even though the Jets are over .500). There are a couple of coaches available who would offer a definite upgrade right now before RonF goes trolling. I'll be watching the game too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whaler1 said:

I get the impression Mo's popularity has reached his 2011-12 level with the Canes

I read that too. Tonight I'm on MO's side. After that he is on his own.

• Like 1

Things are so fluid in the NHL coaching world. When it was realized that Big Buff was done, and then the injuries that hit Winnipeg, most analysts thought Winnipeg was done out of the gate. Then, when they actually outperformed those expectations Mo was lauded. But...now...not so fast. The Jets are going to have a very very tough time winning tonight. If they don't win tonight they'll have gone 3-7-1 in their last 11 including losing 4 in a row heading into the break. 

Not great timing for Mo.

Jets and BJ's exchange goals all the way through the period...then BJ's scored GWG with a few minutes left.

Seriously, why can't the BJ's accept their role of being in the dregs of the division?  The fact that other teams handle adversity in the division and we couldn't for the past decade just makes me angry.

• Like 1

The scoreboard wasn't kind to us last night. We remain in a playoff spot clinging onto the last wildcard spot. At the same time we are only 2 pts out of third and 6 points out of 2nd.

Now a couple of days to enjoy the playoff spot heading into the All-Star game before looking up at the scoreboard again and adding up points and games in-hand

• Like 1

I fear with regards to "scoreboard watching", and I realize that I keep beating this proverbial dead horse, but the dreaded killer March schedule is fast approaching? Coming off the break, this team needs to catch fire like it did at the end of last season or the season ends ingloriously. Rotating JW around may be a brilliant move in more ways than  one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

I fear with regards to "scoreboard watching", and I realize that I keep beating this proverbial dead horse, but the dreaded killer March schedule is fast approaching? Coming off the break, this team needs to catch fire like it did at the end of last season or the season ends ingloriously. Rotating JW around may be a brilliant move in more ways than  one.

And don't look now, but February has a brutal 4 game road trip to StLouis, Arizona, Vegas, and Dallas. This team is going to have to really bring it after the break. The good news is that they've done it before!

10 minutes ago, remkin said:

And don't look now, but February has a brutal 4 game road trip to StLouis, Arizona, Vegas, and Dallas. This team is going to have to really bring it after the break. The good news is that they've done it before!

I’ll be in Vegas during the game, but not at the game...Mini-me wants to see La Reve.

Trade off is that we’re now going to Dallas for the game and I’ve got tix by John’s and Tripp’s broadcast booth 

• Like 1

Monday and no Canes hockey...but we do have scoreboard watching

Toronto @ Nashville

The Leafs are 4 pts behind us for a Wildcard spot. Make the Leafs sing a sad song

Tampa Bay @ Dallas

The Bolts are in second in the Atlantic but only 1 pt ahead of us in the East . Wildcard could be in play. Seeing Stars tonight

Washington @ Montreal

Go Habs! Why because it's the Caps

• Like 1

Was out and about listening to XM, and the host and guest had a discussion saying: "The Central division is clearly the most difficult division in hockey."

I wanted to reach through the radio and give those guys a tap or something!  Come on!

In retrospect, it sounded like a concession to the West teams.  Most media is accused of an East Coast bias.  So, I'll just chalk it up to that for now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Was out and about listening to XM, and the host and guest had a discussion saying: "The Central division is clearly the most difficult division in hockey."

I wanted to reach through the radio and give those guys a tap or something!  Come on!

In retrospect, it sounded like a concession to the West teams.  Most media is accused of an East Coast bias.  So, I'll just chalk it up to that for now.

I would chalk it up to someone who hasn’t looked at the standings.

6 hours ago, hockeybaby said:

The Caps won't have ovenchicken tonight, so let's hope for a Habs win.

Unfortunately the Caps seem to be handling business

13 hours ago, OBXer said:

Monday and no Canes hockey...but we do have scoreboard watching

Toronto @ Nashville

The Leafs are 4 pts behind us for a Wildcard spot. Make the Leafs sing a sad song

Tampa Bay @ Dallas

The Bolts are in second in the Atlantic but only 1 pt ahead of us in the East . Wildcard could be in play. Seeing Stars tonight

Washington @ Montreal

Go Habs! Why because it's the Caps

The Stars/ Bolts game is pretty good. Bolts seem to have more jump but when the Stars get going they control play for awhile

49 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Unfortunately the Caps seem to be handling business

No much help from other teams: Habs lost, Preds are loosing badly...

You can't rely on anybody these days. I guess we will have to do it ourselves.

• Like 1

Toronto @ Dallas tonight

Dallas needs to step up the Leafs are only 2 pts behind us