The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Scoreboard watching

4 hours ago, hag65 said:

+4 over these last 27 games gets us 98 points.  98 points is 74% chance to be over the cutline.  Canes right now are 70% to make it.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Carolina.html

What is crazy is our predicted points has gone down 3 points but our playoff chances has gone down 20+%.  

It would be interesting to look at Columbus, Philly, NYI, and to some extent Toronto and Florida's remaining schedule. Our March is insane in terms of too much hockey, not enough time off, and playing the East. But if the other guys have it similar that would be nice. I know Philly knocked out a bunch of road games, but otherwise haven't really looked at the other guy's schedules.

3 minutes ago, remkin said:

It would be interesting to look at Columbus, Philly, NYI, and to some extent Toronto and Florida's remaining schedule. Our March is insane in terms of too much hockey, not enough time off, and playing the East. But if the other guys have it similar that would be nice. I know Philly knocked out a bunch of road games, but otherwise haven't really looked at the other guy's schedules.

Islanders have a pretty brutal March, 16 games, 2 B2B's, and only 2-2 day rest spans.  10 away games, but we play them twice in their barn.  One tough 4 game road trip, Canucks, Calgary, Edmonton (B2B), evil empire.

They are the team that I think that we leap frog by then end of March.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, remkin said:

CBJ has a pretty easy February, playing 15 games.  They only have 13 games in March, 8 are away, and they play some of the best in the league.  Evil empire, Bruins, Lightning, Caps, Canucks x2, Avs, and Dallas

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hag65 said:

+4 over these last 27 games gets us 98 points.  98 points is 74% chance to be over the cutline.  Canes right now are 70% to make it.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Carolina.html

That is the lowest I can remember the SCS simulator throwing for 98 points.  It is ridiculous this year!  Going to take 100 or 101 in all likelyhood.

• Like 1

As of today,

6 of the top 10 teams in the league are in the Metro.

8 of the top 10 teams in the league are in the East.

This will be a popular thread through the end of the season...

• Like 1

We got a little help from the Rangers last night when they beat CBJ

Today we could use a little help from

Tampa Bay against Philly

Oil win over Florida would be nice

Sens over Leafs would be ok  since the Canes have a 1pt WC lead over Toronto if the Leafs fall out of third in the Atlantic

Vegas over Isles keep third place in Metro reasonable betting chance

Bonus

Yotes over Caps because it's the Caps

• Like 2

And you HAVE to capitalize and pass them with beans when given the opportunity. Like tomorrow. A loss tomorrow would put me in the mind of the BP era when we would scratch up to the brink of jumping teams time after time and lay big fat eggs. We are a vastly better team than then obviously, but coaching made me into a "small motivations turned into big mental dividends" kinda guy. Seem to be getting a little edge also from both teams in this 2 game coming in here on B2B.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Philly and Florida loose so far....finally getting a little help.

They lost, waiting for Isles to do the same. Sens are trying to come back, but I don't think they can tie it.

25 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

Opportunity is knocking for a big 2pts today... !

Absolutely. A really nice scoreboard. Oilers back to back vs us rested. No McDavid. We seem to have found a groove. Of course it is an early start...no, I'll be there, and they simply must win, and ideally big.

Is it just me, or does it seem like every time I tune in a little scoreboard watching every other day or so, That the evil empire is playing OTT, BUFF, NJ, DET or LA. No wonder they have surged the whole 2nd half, they get to pick their own opponents.:pullhair:

Isles lose last night.

Tonight

CBJ @ Philly is the game to watch. Somebody has to lose.