The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Scoreboard watching

Di Guiseppe scored his first of the season - woohoo!

But MTL leads 2:1 after 2

FLA:TOR still tied starting 3rd

Islanders jumped on Blues 2:1 after 1st

Edited by Caniac514

We are now tied in points with the Rangers. We have one magic bean. As much as I hate to say it, this year’s Rangers May follow in the footsteps of last years Hurricanes. They have come from out of nowhere and Columbus and the Canes are treading water or going backwards. We really need 2 wins this weekend!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Altaholic said:

Toronto somehow gets Tampa,

Proof we don't need divisions.  Divisions are an old concept for travel reasons.  They threw that out when they matched Ontario and Quebec with Florida.

Keep the conferences and balance most of the play there.  East-West travel (which is difficult) remains the same, i.e. 2 games per inter-conference.

• Like 1

We need some :help:

Rangers @ Flyers is another coin toss

Wild @ CBJ  let the Wild run crazy

Bonus: Pens @ Ducks  Ducks just because

• Like 1

We have had a lot of help in the last two weeks but we cant take advantage of it. Could of been comfortable being above  the line.  Ain't gonna happen at this pace.

47 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Big game on between NYR/PHI right now.  At best, need a NYR regulation loss. 

And getting pounded. Talk about not starting on time. Yeesh

29 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Talk about not starting on time.

The exact reason, us, NYR, FLA, are where we are and the ones holding down spots are where they are. Phi comes to play, Isles have enough structured D to brush off slow starts, and even struggling CBJ plays  relentless for entire games. In the seasons we were also rans, they could at least be counted on to start games with a chance of bucking up and making teams work. We give up so many uncontested chances and goals, it almost looks like we're 3 on 5 about half the time, and 1st periods have been nightmares for a solid month.

1 hour ago, surfzone365 said:

Def got some help on the scoreboard today. Here’s to not depending on other teams determine your postseason fate 🍻 

Canucks WERE helping us, up 3-1 on BJ’s...then BJ’s scored 4 in the third...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Canucks WERE helping us, up 3-1 on BJ’s...then BJ’s scored 4 in the third...

Yep, AWACS, the only "help" I see in this scoreboard watching tonight is the Flyers beat the Rangers? Damn Canucks did not hold up their end? Boy this next 3 inactive days is going to be nerve wracking.

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yep, AWACS, the only "hip" I see in this scoreboard watching tonight is the Flyers beat the Rangers? Damn Canucks did not hold up their end? Boy this next 3 inactive days is going to be nerve wracking.

Yep...we could be in tenth by Thursday 

8 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Yep...we could be in tenth by Thursday 

Eh, that's just optics.  Canes will have so many beans in hand their position will essentially be the same.  I.e., they'll still more or less control their own destiny; win enough going forward and they'll get in, don't and they won't.  I just wish I felt better about their chances of winning enough, all things considered (the March schedule, injuries, and the way they've been playing lately).   

• Like 3

We get a day off from scoreboard watching today. Only two games on the schedule and both are Western Conference games. Tomorrow will be a different story.

22 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

And getting pounded. Talk about not starting on time. Yeesh

Special teams made all the difference. Each team had 3 PPGs with Flyers adding a SHG and ES goal.

Yes, the one solace is that regardless of what happens, we still control our own destiny due to games in hand.  Now we have to go on a winning streak for once since the first 5 games...  And BTW, it looks like we are not a playoff team without Hamilton.  He makes a ton of difference...  I hope I am wrong.