Wall 17 1 4 1 RW for Penn State

Martin 24 0 3 3 D for Michigan 

Lafontaine 14 3.03 .900 G for Minnesota 

Kucharski hasnt played for Providence.

Edited by gocanes0506

We have 2 of the top 7 scorers in NCAA in points per game:

#5: David Cotton: 1.40 ppg

#7: Jack Drury: 1.36 ppg

I hope we can talk Cotton into signing with us, but he seems like a classic "Senior goes UFA" guy, especially with the depth of our prospect pool. 

By the same token, we probably need to get Drury signed ASAP (see Adam Fox). I do have to think that getting that Harvard degree is enticing too as far as finishing up in college. 

I do start to wonder if teams with deep pools of prospects should shy away from NCAA picks. 

Amazing. Thanks for the updates gocanes.

Drury is now #3 in NCAA hockey in points per game at 1.45 ppg, (29p in 20G). This particularly impressive given his two-way game. Everything I've read about him is that he does nearly everything right for 200 feet. That's a center IMO. Then there's his 56.5% FO. I've never seen the guy play, but his likely projection is ultimately 3C IMO, with 2C high upside, based on reading scouts. But we need better centers. In an ideal world I'd sign Drury for next year. I wonder if getting that Harvard degree is an issue, or if there's a way for him to do it even if he goes pro....if Drury gets to senior year, he'll be set up to go UFA also. Sign him at the end of this season.

Cotton is #12 in NCAA hockey in PPG with 1.27 ppg. I wonder if this will be good enough to draw enough UFA pressure to let Cotton walk to a system that isn't #3 in the NHL (and possibly the deepest). I hope not, but I would if I were him. 

The key distinction is that Drury is doing this as a sophomore and Cotton as a senior. Like in Juniors, there more guys who bust out as they get to Senior year, and many (most) end up not being as good as expected in the NHL. (Except Adam Fox of course).

I wonder if we try to get Drury this off-season. He has taken a large jump in his offensive production.  He would be a fantastic depth option 21-22 season after a year in the AHL.  At the same time its hard to walk away from a half completed Harvard degree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

I wonder if we try to get Drury this off-season. He has taken a large jump in his offensive production.  He would be a fantastic depth option 21-22 season after a year in the AHL.  At the same time its hard to walk away from a half completed Harvard degree.

Personally I'd make every effort to sign him. Another year at Harvard would make finishing out, getting the Preparation H degree, and then going UFA even more appealing. Seems to me this would be the time to make our move.

5 hours ago, remkin said:

Personally I'd make every effort to sign him. Another year at Harvard would make finishing out, getting the Preparation H degree, and then going UFA even more appealing. Seems to me this would be the time to make our move.

Callm up Tripp and get him to talk to Drury:yippee:

26 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Callm up Tripp and get him to talk to Drury:yippee:

Maybe he can finish his degree on line or something.