The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

1/31 Canes vs Golden Knights @ 730 pm

Due to the EXPECTED double lay off sloppiness, road team travel, pucks bouncing out of scrums all over the ice, line tweeking, undisciplined stick play, etc...these are the games that net minders and deep slot defenders hold in the palms of their hands and can literally steal by just playing reasonably well in positioning and effort. Normal and simple play without glaring missed assignments and leaky goals is enough usually. Keep it simple, steady and 5 on 5.

2 hours ago, remkin said:

Interesting if Nino sits. I'd have thought maybe let him try to get a fresh start off the break and sit him if he didn't show something. Maybe he thinks McGinn will bring more energy off the break.

I dont mind Nino sitting but I dont think it's for lack of showing something. Even though he is in a really bad scoring rut he hasnt been playing poorly. Hes done what he needs to on D and been in position on O just having horrible luck with combinations of bouncing puck, mis-hits, good saves and the almighty pipe. Even without scoring he has been doing the little things. We have far bigger problems on the ice then Nino. With that being said it cant hurt to give him a break to reflect and maybe he grips the stick a little less tight Sunday

Edited by Derailed75
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

I dont mind Nino sitting but I dont think it's for lack of showing something. Even though he is in a really bad scoring rut he hasnt been playing poorly. Hes done what he needs to on D and been in position on O just having horrible luck with combinations of bouncing puck, mis-hits, good saves and the almighty pipe. Even without scoring he has been doing the little things. We have far bigger problems on the ice then Nino. With that being said it cant hurt to give him a break to reflect and maybe he grips the stick a little less tight Sunday

I just wish Roddy'd done it about 15 games ago. There's nothing harder to watch than a guy you know can put the puck in the net looking like he's miming "Three Blind Mice." But while I agree with your assessment of his play for the most part, his unforced errors lately have really been glaring to my eyes. 

26 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

On my way.

If Mrs. Shelf shakes the flu, we're planning on Valentine's Day. Because Mr. Shelf pretty much can't tolerate going to games against any Metro team, because all their fans are bricks. Or something that rhymes with bricks.

6 minutes ago, winger52 said:

Note to Slavin:  After your performance at ASG,  SHOOT THE PUCK!

Unfortunately he shot more from the slot that night--9-some seconds--than in all his other NHL games to date. Combined.

• Like 1

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Dont see that as on Gardiner but will get a minus in the end

He chased the man with the puck and left the guy he was supposed to defend completely undefended to pot it in

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

He chased the man with the puck and left the guy he was supposed to defend completely undefended to pot it in

That was Dzingel but sure. Was Gardiner supposed to stay with his man while the puck was right in front of the net.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1