The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
surfzone365

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs St. Louis Blues - Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - 8:00 PM EST

No Time to Sing the Blues...

caneslogo.thumb.jpg.cea7403e328e54ecaef614237923f8fc.jpg     Vs  blueslarge2.thumb.GIF.299a18086b5b9ab676811defd1b95712.GIF

Image result for enterprise center st louis"

ec2.GIF.f513f32260ebad171cdd65824f79d113.GIF

St. Louis, MO - Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - 8:00 PM EST

image.png.c008656e49905edc69a9debef5ee1eb2.pngimage.jpeg.462491f2f230fd9ddd1b7b7d43710204.jpeg

bluesclues1.GIF.0649a8bbb01e0343e3218e5da5953300.GIF

This won't be cute episode of Blues Clues!

However, the Carolina Hurricanes (30-19-3) better have a clue - and be ready to play full 60 (more if necessary) - when they enter the Gateway to the West in a match against the defending Stanley Cup champs St. Louis Blues (31-14-8).  This should be one of the toughest games to date for the visiting Canes.  In a season full of ups and downs, Carolina will need to be top-notch if they want to skate away with two points

Tuesday night's tilt at Enterprise Center will reunite both teams with some old pals.  The Canes will get to see Justin Faulk once more, and Joel Edmundson will return to familiar stomping grounds for another skate.  Carolina and St. Louis have played each other relatively even in recent years.  Both clubs split their two meetings last season; Blues winning 4-1 in St. Louis on November 6, 2018 followed by the Canes returning the honors 5-2 in Raleigh on March 1, 2019.

While the Canes have been inconsistent as of late, a win in the defending champs' barn would serve up a feel-good vibe and possibly provide a boost going forward.  Beating teams like the Blues, Caps, and Lightning are litmus tests the Canes must pass if they ever want to be considered among the leagues "big boys".

St. Louis is coming off a 5-2 loss at Winnipeg on Saturday night.  The Canes survived a game served on a ref's platter; a 4-3 SO win in Raleigh over Vancouver.

My never-ending soap-box rant:

Stop the penalties!  If you want to make sure this game is over early (and not in our favor), go ahead and put this team on the PP.  You've been warned!

Notable outs/LTIR:

Dougie Hamilton (Car)
Vladimir Tarasenko (STL)

Edited by surfzone365

I hope Reimer starts.

I hope all the love gets Edmundson hyped for the game. 

Hope the guys give an extra hit to Faulk.  Dont let him get a solid shot at the net because it would only be our luck that he actually shoots the puck in vicinity of the net this game.  

Be big with the puck

Wins some faceoffs

• Like 6

Tag, you're it Lucas

the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Foegele
Niederreiter-Staal-Teravainen
McGinn-Haula-Necas
Dzingel-Martinook-Williams

Defense

Slavin-van Riemsdyk
Gardiner-Pesce
Fleury-Edmundson

Goalies

Mrazek

Wallmark (healthy) extra

So many line changes, so little of Staal moving down a line like he needs to.

Don't agree with Mrazek in goal at all, so he'll have an amazing game.

• Like 1

maybe the refs will give us a little break tonight.  Playing 5 on 9 is getting mighty damn old lately.  I know they all make bad calls or miss calls, but lately it just seems to be a severe tilt against us on the calls.  Not getting'em, and BS calls against.  Anyway, bring your big boy panties tonight, Blues play a heavy game and we need to make sure we are hard to catch if we aren't gonna hit back.  3-1 Canes, Svech will be electrifying tonight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

Was it typo or on purpose? :P 

Nice GDT, Surf!

Thanks for catching that. While I have a sense of humor I try not to butcher names (intentionally or accidentally) out of common respect.  😎

• Like 1

The night we need to win more faceoffs and Wallmark is the scratch? Rough.

unless he needs to rest after that uncalled cross check to the head.

Edited by gocanes0506

The Blues are a legit Cup contender, but we have had our best games against some of those. Just start on time already guys and get these 2 points. With a trip through the west it doesnt really matter if its in regulation, OT, or our recently acquired deadly shoot out. Just get the 2 points

• Like 1

3 hours ago, legend-1 said:

So many line changes, so little of Staal moving down a line like he needs to.

Don't agree with Mrazek in goal at all, so he'll have an amazing game.

I hope Mrazek is awesome. However, Reimer pitches a shutout then sits. He plays well in 2 games that go to shootouts and holds the fort, one time for 8 rounds, then sits. His record and save percentage are better. I don’t get it. For those who think Rod is stubborn in his handling of Staal, his use of his goalies is just as much so.

2 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

his use of his goalies is just as much so.

He’s the coach. However, perhaps he is not the one picking? Or at least not the only one.

That's an interesting 4th line. I'd have gone Reimer too. Rod's line has always been "both guys have been good", "we're going to need both guys. Hope Mrazek is ready to go from the start. We're clear underdogs per Vegas, but our records aren't that different. We can do this!

21 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

I hope Mrazek is awesome. However, Reimer pitches a shutout then sits. He plays well in 2 games that go to shootouts and holds the fort, one time for 8 rounds, then sits. His record and save percentage are better. I don’t get it. For those who think Rod is stubborn in his handling of Staal, his use of his goalies is just as much so.

I get that thought but I also can not get the image of his start against Philly out of my head. Those goals were by far the softest 2 of the year. And most of Petr's that have been considered soft were at least really good shots.

But I will go back to what I said before almost all of the early goals given up by both guys were more a result of the teams poor starts in front of them then the goalies themselves. 

BTW also rooting for the Stars, Kings, and Panthers tonight. Although a Panthers win gives them points just hope for no 3 point game in that one.

Edited by Derailed75

Just now, slapshot02 said:

Looks like John and Tripp are almost touching the roof. 

At least you get to watch them...I get Darren Pang