The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Canes @ Yotes 2/6 @ 9pm

3 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Jeff Daniel's makes the call for the SAT line. Good choice.

Rod didn’t seem to be committed to keeping them together though

with Back in Black blaring in the background 

Great road win digging out of a hole. Not giving a pass til they clean up penalties some and stop putting so much undue pressure on our solid PK. Have they not figured out yet that the sorriest officials in sports are gonna nail them on anything they're in the vicinity of. Opponent's Playbook page 1: fall anytime someone gets near you. Call guaranteed. And say whatever you want about Dzingel, but he's 5th on the team in points. Not enough goals, but that's contribution that no one else is picking up any slack on, so I'm giving him credit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Rod didn’t seem to be committed to keeping them together though

For sure.  He gave the wrong answer to that question.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Yeah but I dont think you can ride him for to long. 1 you don't want Mrazek to sit for long and 2 he has never really carried a load. When he has hes gone south pretty quickly. I say he start against the Knights and if he plays well against the Stars but regardless of how he plays there you gotta put Petr in when you get back home

We shouldn’t put Reimer on a 5 out of 6 games pace, I agree. At the same time, Reimer is out playing Petr and deserves to play more.  It shouldn’t even be an even split because of Petr’s play.  3 out of 5 should go to Reimer maybe even 7 out of 10 if Petr doesn’t right his rebound issues. Unfortunately we don’t have any margin of error to let Petr work it out in games.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Geez, Rod still reluctant with the SAT line. "Putting them all in one corner" as he puts it. 

It just sounds so... Bill Peters. Will the real Roddy B please stand up?

• Like 2

Missed most of this one guys. Had to euthanize my dog this morning as she had a malignancy, so really bummed out. Thank all for bringing home a winner, now lets go get some revenge in Vegas.

I would really like to see these guys start on time. I had tossed in the towel when we down 2-0.. (some times it feels good to be wrong) 

2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

It's official. He's schizophrenic.

Rod said they weren’t overly great in the past together and he doesn’t like putting all his eggs in one basket (although he said ducks in a corner i think).  If other guys would step up to create secondary scoring, he would be okay keeping them together.

2 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Had to euthanize my dog this morning as she had a malignancy, so really bummed out.

Sorry to hear about your dog.  That’s never easy.  I’m sure she appreciated the good life you gave her.

We watched the first 25 minutes.  Should have stayed up!  LOL.

Staal: early on, Tripp said something about his hands.  Had to rewind to make sure he didn't use the word "stone."

Svech and Aho: Rod, Rod, Rod.  Please.

Svech's pickup of his own garbage and pass to Aho was just brilliant. 

• Like 1

Good night for the Canes. Great to see them bounce back. I was in and out of the room but I did see Svech's goals. Great job going to the net. More more more. Keep it up. And yes Rod enough of the sperating Aho and Svech. Last time I checked most goals win. Let 'em loose.

Last night was a good effort and brought good results. Svech and Aho looked good together but I agree with Roddy when he pointed out that the key to keeping them together is other lines stepping up. Teams will figure out how to contain them if all our scoring comes from one line. That is for the future, for now I'm happy that the team answered the bell in what I believe was a pivotal game going forward.

Now to do this again.

3 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Rod said they weren’t overly great in the past together and he doesn’t like putting all his eggs in one basket (although he said ducks in a corner i think).  If other guys would step up to create secondary scoring, he would be okay keeping them together.

So by all means, spread them out so none of the lines are effective.  Great coaching.  I'm expecting Mrazek to get 3 of the next 4 starts, meanwhile.  Love Brind'Amour but i'm obviously not seeing what he's seeing out there on the ice.  But hey, he's the one struggling to keep his team over the cut line while i'm sitting back and enjoying games from my recliner, so he obviously knows more than i do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

If other guys would step up to create secondary scoring, he would be okay keeping them together.

I think trying to help some guys fighting through a funk is one thing, but when it doesn't change anything over an extended time AND causes a scoring or chemistry issue for the rest of the team, then it is high time for the struggling guys to work out of it on their own. Put them all together and the worst guy sits out. Period. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

So by all means, spread them out so none of the lines are effective.  Great coaching.  I'm expecting Mrazek to get 3 of the next 4 starts, meanwhile.  Love Brind'Amour but i'm obviously not seeing what he's seeing out there on the ice.  But hey, he's the one struggling to keep his team over the cut line while i'm sitting back and enjoying games from my recliner, so he obviously knows more than i do.

Regardless of where Svech, Aho, and Turbo are linewise we need more then one line to score. That line is not going to score 3 goals (not counting the EN) every night and with the way the D and goalies (yes Riemer too he gave up 3 last night) if they dont score 3 and we dont have another line that can score we are going to lose more then win

7 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Missed most of this one guys. Had to euthanize my dog this morning as she had a malignancy, so really bummed out. Thank all for bringing home a winner, now lets go get some revenge in Vegas.

Sorry for your loss KJUNKANE...always hurts when we lose one of our furry friends. On a lighter note I wanted to let you know that I was in Baton Rouge last weekend to see my Crimson Tide gymnastics team upset your Tigers and man o man the Pete Maravich Assembly Center has the best arena video board I have ever seen! It makes Dundon’s new 6 million dollar toy look like a Walmart clearance item! LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

Last night was a good effort and brought good results. Svech and Aho looked good together but I agree with Roddy when he pointed out that the key to keeping them together is other lines stepping up. Teams will figure out how to contain them if all our scoring comes from one line. That is for the future, for now I'm happy that the team answered the bell in what I believe was a pivotal game going forward.

Now to do this again.

Having slept on this issue regarding the SAT line I think Roddy may have a point as to not committing to this full time. On the road the opposing team has last change and can put their checking line (assuming they actually have one) on the ice. Checking lines tend to be less skilled but more physical which obviously means greater chance of injury to one of our players. Having just lost a key player like Dougie do we want to risk the same thing happening to one or more of our 3 best offensive threats?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Condolences Kjun.  I had to put down my border collie Jack 8 years ago and I still miss him.  Until you lose "your" dog I don't think one can fully appreciate the lyrics in the song Mr. Bojangles:

He spoke with tears of fifteen years how his dog and him
Traveled about
The dog up and died
He up and died
After twenty years he still grieves

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RickD_99 said:

I was in Baton Rouge

Born and raised there until I was off to med school, so how could I not be a TIGAH as Coach O would say.

I also agree with your observation regarding how the lines are constituted, and not ALWAYS playing the SAT line together no matter if they are the most deadly combination? I know several disagree with that, but Roddy has been around the block more than once, and I'm equally sure he's learned a thing or 2 along the way about opponents' adapting to challenges.

Glad to see us come back and get a win. I’m sorry about your dog Kjun. It’s hard letting them go but it’s the final kind thing we can do for them when they are suffering. 

On the SAT line, Aho and Svech were playing with Foegle and they were OK, TiVo was with Nino and Staal, and other than an occasional deflection off nino’s shin pad, or Staal from a scramble out front, they were useless.  Put TiVo back with Aho and Svech and they are gangbusters.  As for Nino and Staal, they are only slightly more useless than they were before.  There is just no down side!