The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Mayberry @ Southfork...11 Feb 2020

vs

Tuesday, 11 February 2020

8:30 pm EST

AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER, Dallas

Here we are, the comeback kings for two games in a row...and now it's time for my annual trip down I-35 (soon to change to my annual trip across I-20) to Big D.   Last year, I finally got to taste a Canes victory in the AAC after three prior duds.  In fact, Dallas hasn't scored on us since the 2017-18 season, as we blanked them both times 3-0 last season.  

This game actually has me worried more than the previous ones...including St. Louis.  Getting to watch the Stars all...the...time...this season, they are probably the best lineup to match our talents and exploit our weaknesses.  The good thing for us?  They aren't scoring; so if we find ourselves in a hole yet again, it IS possible to come back on these guys.  They had a 2-0 lead on the Christmas Trees last game before blowing it 3-2.  However, solving either Bishop or Khudobin will be tough, as they are probably one of the top tandems in the league.  

Keys to the game:

1. Start on time

2. Score more than they do

3. Please put Reimer in net again

For those of you with Center Ice, enjoy the Stars feed...their color guy Daryl "Razor" Reaugh is one of the best in the biz...and one of John's best friends.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jimd said:

Columbus got one point, instead of 2,  if that's any consolation.

Tampa should’ve stomped them...so no, zero consolation 

• Like 1

Are you kidding me with the Mayberry reference?

jinx.thumb.jpg.340af133800bf3fc7cd4da4506d277cd.jpg

Every game is a playoff game.  Sucks to be 10th in the league, and currently on the outside looking in at the playoffs.  The Metro is going to be a blood bath until game 82.  I sense a nail biting last week of the season coming up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

I sense a nail biting last week of the season coming up.

And two of our final three are against the B’s...who seem to have our number 🤮

My 6 keys to the game:

1. Start on Time

2. Tighten D.

3. Start on Time

4. Tighten D.

5. Start on Time.

6. Start on Time.

Ha! Didn't expect #6 did you? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, remkin said:

My 6 keys to the game:

1. Start on Time

2. Tighten D.

3. Start on Time

4. Tighten D.

5. Start on Time.

6. Start on Time.

Ha! Didn't expect #6 did you? 

The roster didn’t 

• Like 1

The Canes are 22-3-1 when scoring first in games. When scoring first.

That is to say that they win 85% of the time they score first and get a point 88% of the time. So....I'm thinking.....:letssee:...if we start slow....:letssee:....usually we don't score first...:bored:....but if we start on time...:)....we have a better chance of scoring first...:thumbsup2:....and if we score first...:letssee:..we have an 85% chance of winning...:woohoo:...so.....I'm just thinking :letssee: that starting on time is a particularly good idea for us, and we should probably....start on time!! :yippee:.

Whew. That much mental logic was exhausting :hotflash:.    And that's about enough little emoji faces for a while.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, remkin said:

That is to say that they win 85% of the time they score first and get a point 88% of the time. So....I'm thinking.....:letssee:...if we start slow....:letssee:....usually we don't score first...:bored:....but if we start on time...:)....we have a better chance of scoring first...:thumbsup2:....and if we score first...:letssee:..we have an 85% chance of winning...:woohoo:...so.....I'm just thinking :letssee: that starting on time is a particularly good idea for us, and we should probably....start on time!! :yippee:.

Whew. That much mental logic was exhausting :hotflash:.    And that's about enough little emoji faces for a while.

You’ve used up your emoji quota for the rest of the millennium 

• Like 2

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Teravainen
Foegele-Staal-Necas
Dzingel-Haula-Niederreiter
McGinn-Wallmark-Williams

Defense

Slavin-van Riemsdyk
Gardiner-Pesce
Fleury-Edmundson

Goalies

Mrazek

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Remkin found emoji button? :D 😆

One of the shortest post and half of that is emojis? 🤣😛 A-a-ah, you trying to reach out the Canes roster with The Message?!

Edited by Caniac514
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, remkin said:

That means we are 10-17-2 when we dont score first, yup better start on time.

1 hour ago, Caniac514 said:

Remkin found emoji button? :D 😆

One of the shortest post and half of that is emojis? 🤣😛 A-a-ah, you trying to reach out the Canes roster with The Message?!

If they read it, yes. If not, then whoever is in charge of getting them to play on time. If not them, then whoever has the starting mojo. Whatever it takes!

• Like 1

My turn to *edit* about line pairings...why not match up Necas with Haula and Zinger? Seems like that would be a better threat offensively....

• Like 4