The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Outdoor game 2021, Coming to Raleigh February 20th

Speculation it may be announced as early as Air Force Academy game.  Held in CF Stadium 

more than likely against the Caps

Edited by gocanes0506

Count on a fabulous tailgate party, spectacular atmosphere, huge crowd, star power attendees, recognition for the franchise and city in big ways.

Decent sight angles, proximity to the game, ability to 'feel' the game and intensity in a football stadium. Not so much.

Absolutely worth attending nonetheless.

Hmmm. Have to be a large fanbase that travels. NYR? Pittsburgh? Maybe Philly? Out of conference Boston? 

Dont they usually have divisional opponents for the outdoor games? Jackets would be a good one since they also have never played an outdoor game

33 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Dont they usually have divisional opponents for the outdoor games? Jackets would be a good one since they also have never played an outdoor game

Well, the Kings (Pacific) and Avs (Central) just played outdoors and they are not divisional rivals. The Blackhawks have played Pittsburgh and Boston (cross-conference) in outdoor series in recent years.  I don't believe there is any specific convention or relationship required between opponents.  I would love for us to play a totally unexpected opponent.

Seattle is a crazy idea, and one that would actually work really well.  I suspect Seattle will travel as well as the Sharks. 

Just one problem.  THEY WON'T EXIST YET.

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Seattle is a crazy idea, and one that would actually work really well.  I suspect Seattle will travel as well as the Sharks. 

Just one problem.  THEY WON'T EXIST YET.

Details.

16 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

It's got to be against the Caps, right.

Anyway, I'll be there, you can bet on that.

Epic tailgate to be designed.

Speculation I read was the Penguins playing in something like their 6th outdoor game. The Jackets would be a good choice if the world were fair since they haven’t played in one, but doubt the NHL goes with 2 small market teams. As long as the Canes are in I’m good!