The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Outdoor game 2021, Coming to Raleigh February 20th

55 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

nope  ,   they wont be coming until the 2021 -2022 season .   

Oh yeah, I thought it was next year...long lead up.

Jets, got to be the Jets! We had a good rivalry going before the move. Mo just signed a new contract so we could embarrass him while we are at it .

Edited by winger52

How 'bout Oilers for Stadium Series opponent. Think of 2006 Stanley Cup Final and both were founding teams in WHA. Hurricanes fans could not do better than McDavid and Draisatl. Caveat is that Oilers have legit claim to Doug Weight for the alumni game:-)

45 minutes ago, Oilers Fan said:

How 'bout Oilers for Stadium Series opponent. Think of 2006 Stanley Cup Final and both were founding teams in WHA. Hurricanes fans could not do better than McDavid and Draisatl. Caveat is that Oilers have legit claim to Doug Weight for the alumni game:-)

I  like the idea but do the canadian teams  have their own  outdoor event ,   id prefer to see oilers vs flames for a outdoor event . 

Boomer Gordon was talking about an outdoor game in Raleigh. He was all-in excited about it and thought the media would be fighting for the assignment to come here and cover it. 

He said, "some people in some regions just know how to have fun" and we're one of those areas. Have to agree.

Also mentioned that we shouldn't have to worry about traffic jams because we'll all be there around 9AM to start tailgating!

• Like 2

Did STM prices change for next year?  I hear the outdoor game is a part of a STM for next year.  Y’all getting one less game next season with a membership.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Did STM prices change for next year?  I hear the outdoor game is a part of a STM for next year.  Y’all getting one less game next season with a membership.

Who knows?  All the communication I'm seeing from the office is a bunch of noise and fluff, and no details.  All I know is STMs have priority on the game.  Nothing about it being included automatically.

Prices?  What prices?

Noise. 

Says to me we can expect to $pay$ next year.

EDIT: oh today they say I can send in a form for interest and someone will contact me.  Great, just want I want.  Talking to a used car salesman.  No thanks.  How about some details about STM prices and the game?  All this says to me we are going to be giving TD and the team a RAISE.

Edited by wxray1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, Canesfanforever said:

nope  ,   they wont be coming until the 2021 -2022 season .   

I am pretty sure the game is Feb 20, 2021 which makes it the 2020-2021 season.   I have received e-mails asking me if I am interested in buying tickets.   Of course I said YES!!  What an awesome experience that will be. 

20 minutes ago, snuffy72 said:

I am pretty sure the game is Feb 20, 2021 which makes it the 2020-2021 season.   I have received e-mails asking me if I am interested in buying tickets.   Of course I said YES!!  What an awesome experience that will be. 

The question i was responding to   was if the canes could play seattle  and i  told the fella   that seattle wont come until  the 2021-2022 season .

10 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Did y’all not get yesterday’s email to existing STMs?  They included some relevant information about prices, stadium game, playoff tickets, etc.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/tickets/season-tickets

You are right!  I missed it among the flurry of useless mails, i.e. they ain't gonna tell anyone about stadium game prices just yet.  If anything, they want to know how many may attend so they can price appropriately.

Checked my invoice for my 11 game plan. 

I'm gonna $PAY$.  My invoice rose 8%.  Must be nice.  They continue to decontent 11 gamers.  Better make the playoffs, because right now it is halcyon times.  Won't last without results.  Let's hope they get the results, because honestly I'll pay as long as they are competitive.

EDIT: I think I lost my ability to do math in retirement!  My first try at this was wrong and I was too high.  Accidentally used a subtotal instead of total.

Edited by wxray1

When I talked to my ticket rep we were discussing the outdoor game some.  He said that they have limited information on it right now as this show is actually run by the NHL and that they have to follow their directions.  STMs will have priority based on ticket plan and then tenure.  I can only swing an 11 game plan but have 10+ years, by my calculations I'll be in the 10th window of presale options.  I just hope the league doesn't make it where us regular guys have to take out a loan just to go to a game.  Yeah - I'd probably do it if I had to - but it sure would be nice to be able to take my family.  Based on our conversations I would expect pricing and some of the other pertinent stuff to be available in June after the Cup is awarded. 

40 minutes ago, pepcane said:

by my calculations I'll be in the 10th window of presale options.  

How zactly did you preform this here calkeelashun son? Jest winderin?

CC, by having a Captain's tenure, which is 10 years or more - that puts me 2nd in the 3rd presale.  Full STMs get the first four, then 22-Gamers get the next four, then the 11-Game plans.  

It was a little confusing to me until I talked with my rep and he said that it would go by plan level "seniority" then by tenure.

14 hours ago, pepcane said:

CC, by having a Captain's tenure, which is 10 years or more - that puts me 2nd in the 3rd presale.  Full STMs get the first four, then 22-Gamers get the next four, then the 11-Game plans.  

It was a little confusing to me until I talked with my rep and he said that it would go by plan level "seniority" then by tenure.

That sounds about right.  They have it on the site.  It is a multi-tiered bucket approach.  Just like normal games, the top bucket is plan size (full->22->11), then tenure.

tier1.JPG

tier.JPG

On 2/20/2020 at 11:59 PM, Canesfanforever said:

The question i was responding to   was if the canes could play seattle  and i  told the fella   that seattle wont come until  the 2021-2022 season .

In the words of Rosanna Rosanna Danna.........Never Mind !!