The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesfan95

UNC Student Survey for Canes Campaign

Hi Canes fans,

I am a UNC student working on a campaign for the Hurricanes to increase fan loyalty among millennials. My team is trying to get as many responses as possible on this survey so we can come up with helpful and creative ideas for the Canes. The survey is quick and should take less than 5 minutes. Your responses will be confidential and we do not collect identifying information such as your name, email address or IP address. The results of this study will be used for market research purposes. We appreciate your help!! Here is the survey link: https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1RklkeemtNkXgWh  

What IS a millenial, I struggle to understand.  I have a daughter born in 1992.  Placing a label on a group based on when they were born is just so .....limiting.  My daughter hardly reflects the labeled characteristics for that group.  But I am old and came from a family that spanned almost 20 years from Brother to Brother.  I believe I am a throwback.   Just not sure how far.  Middle ages?

Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979 41 55
Xennials 1975 1985 35 45
Millennials
Generation Y
1980 1994 26 40
iGen / Gen Z 1995 2012 8  25
Gen Alpha 2013 2025 1 7

Is the generation chart we are talking about?  @canesfan95

this one is close too

image.thumb.png.74fb6603ad2ad9b3269ac1a0010cdd13.png

Edited by gocanes0506

Interesting Graph you got there @gocanes0506  Generation X cut off from what i was always told was 1981  and then  after would be millennials was cut off from 2001 

The Baby boomer gen was  people after ww2 era 1945   till 1969  .  learn something new everyday  . 

I have also heard of Gen X subdivided into the "Atari" and "Nintendo" generations.  I am Atari. :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

The Baby boomer gen was  people after ww2 era 1945   till 1969  .  learn something new everyday  . 

Nah.  Most demographers end the Boomers at 1964.  

Even then, those of us at the end have little in common with someone born in 1946.  We are not doo-whop fans, for instance.

I'm an advocate for calling out generation Jones, 1956-1965 separate from the Boomers. 

But in any case, millenials typically don't do this board.  You should check the r/canes subreddit.

On thing I've noticed this year are that there are a lot of Millenials and Gen Z attending the games these days.  And man they let the money flow!  It is about experiences for them.

Edited by wxray1

The whole definition of baby boomers is children of World War II soldiers who returned after the war. I was born in 1957 and my father served in the Pacific in the War. The fathers of almost everyone I grew up with served in the war. I always thought the baby boomers ended in 1961 or 1962 - 17 years after the war ended. How you divide them after that I have no clue, though it seems to be generally accepted that millennials are in their early 30’s or younger. To my mind, millennials have a different mindset from my generation about most everything, much like my generation coming of age in the 60’s & 70’s had such a different mindset from our parents. Where you divide generations between boomers and millennials I don’t know. When I talk about millennials, no matter how right I might be, I can’t help thinking I sound just like my father “talking about my generation.” In other words, I’m becoming an old fart.

5 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

When I talk about millennials, no matter how right I might be, I can’t help thinking I sound just like my father “talking about my generation.” In other words, I’m becoming an old fart.

Every generation thinks the next generation ain't *edit*

• Like 1

As a Gen Xer (1970), I’m not sure I’d want many Millennials seated around me at games.  j/k  I had a Millennial female (sorry to assume her gender) who got mad at me at a recent home game because I was cheering “Let’s go, Canes” too loudly.  No cursing.  Nothing profane.  Just violating her ears’ safe space I guess.

Maybe we should separate generations by sections.  🤪

5 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

As a Gen Xer (1970), I’m not sure I’d want many Millennials seated around me at games.  j/k  I had a Millennial female (sorry to assume her gender) who got mad at me at a recent home game because I was cheering “Let’s go, Canes” too loudly.  No cursing.  Nothing profane.  Just violating her ears’ safe space I guess.

Maybe we should separate generations by sections.  🤪

It's snowflake generation and everyone else is normal .   In all honesty  there are  wimps in all generations ,  just one gen seems to be a little coddled  more than others . 

I just want to know where they get the money to down four $12 bourbons like we saw last game.  That would have bankrupted me at age 30.