The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

David Ayres Appreciation Night

The Canes really need to make this happen.  It's a great story that can only happen in hockey.  The guy lived the dream for a couple of hours and the outcome was better than any fairy tale.  The organization needs to do an appreciation night.  Make the guy king for a day.  The fans would love it.  Might even sell an extra ticket or two on a week night.   Toronto is in town March 26 on a Thu night.  This needs to happen.

• Like 5

He was on ESPN radio this morning.  ESPN radio.  That is nearly a once in a lifetime event for David (the game) and ESPN (talking hockey).

Edited by wxray1

Canes Fans Put On Ayres

• Like 3

Ayres was just on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert wearing his Canes jersey.    Now he is playing the piano with his goalie gloves on.  My wife tells me he is going to be on one of the morning shows.   Talk about good PR for our team.   This is great !!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, snuffy72 said:

Ayres was just on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert wearing his Canes jersey.    Now he is playing the piano with his goalie gloves on.  My wife tells me he is going to be on one of the morning shows.   Talk about good PR for our team.   This is great !!

He was on all the  canadian  sports  shows ,    Good morning america , the today show ,   late nite  show with Stephan Colbert ( who is a canes fan )  and  i would not be surprised  if he gets a commercial or 2 .    What a great  feel good story .   The guy deserves  it ! 

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

ERocgzCUUAA4EI7.jpgHe is an official jerk now!

If your browser turns this to microprint like mine does, here is the OFFICIAL pdf from the state of NC file system.

https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/In-Recognition-of-David-Ayres.pdf

Love how the gov got the state motto in there, "To be, rather than to seem" and "That's hockey, baby!"

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

OK that is funny right there. They should play that in the Leaf's locker room.

• Like 1