The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Canes trade Haula, Wallmark, Priskie, and Eetu the center to FLA for Center Trocheck

I just saw it on the NHL network trade deadline show.  They said we were interested in Trochek but didn't mention Priskie.  What does anyone know about this guy?

1 minute ago, bambamcanefan said:

That seems pretty lopsided, what else is going on in the background?  Are we sellers?

How so?  He is a 30 goal scorer locked up for 2 more years?

• Like 1

Just now, spyglass88 said:

We were never going to keep Haula (he's like a rental). So it's really Wallmark, Priskie, and Eetu for Trocheck.

Wish we could’ve kept Priskie...Eetu will have a respectable career as well.

Wally?  Take him or leave him.  Doubt he will ever be more than a 4C.  Still, nothing bad to say about his time here...solid contributor for what he did, and I wish him well.

• Like 6

Wallmark didn’t earn the 2C for next year so he was expendable. Keane made Priskie expendable and was free.  Eetu has fallen off this season and it seems to be Geekie’s 4C to lose next season.

• Like 3

To me this gives both teams a "need" just looking outside of the number of players involved. I say fair and fair. They wanted rentals/prospects for playoff run and stocking their pool. We wanted a real 2C in the now/near future ready to play.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

We got our 2C for 2 more years. A righty too.  Expect a bishop call up

Unless we swing for more today 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spyglass88 said:

Trocheck had 75 points in 2017-18, playing all 82 games. Last year, he had 34 points in 55 games. Anybody know what his injury was? 

Looks like he broke his leg going into the boards awkwardly with our very own Dzingle.

• Like 1