The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Canes trade Haula, Wallmark, Priskie, and Eetu the center to FLA for Center Trocheck

1 minute ago, spyglass88 said:

Trocheck had 75 points in 2017-18, playing all 82 games. Last year, he had 34 points in 55 games. Anybody know what his injury was? 

Think it was knee

The fact it's for a center with a couple years left on his contract tells me this is a move for the future and not a kneejerk based on Saturday night.  I'll miss pre-injury Haula, but then i've been missing him since the injury anyway.  Wallmark was a poor man's JStaal... this tells me Staal is going nowhere.  All told, i can't complain.

• Like 4

Just heard speculation we might flip Trocheck to Minn. E was mentioned as part of the return

I kid you NOT

This outta slap the complacency right outta the locker room if that 3rd period "Do it for the Gipper" didn't already do it.

• Like 2

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

Wallmark was a poor man's JStaal... this tells me Staal is going nowhere.

When you have a full NMC and are the Captain, what did you expect?

Just now, OBXer said:

Just heard speculation we might flip Trocheck to Minn. E was mentioned as part of the return

Please see yourself out.

joking

or am I.

• Like 2

Time will tell but not sure we bettered ourselves. Just hope Trocheck is healthy and physical..which is what we need more of!

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Please ban yourself at your earliest convenience ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, legend-1 said:

Please see yourself out.

joking

or am I.

I didn't say it. It was the bunch on NHL Network. I shook my head

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I kid you NOT

i cant see Staal coming back. He isn’t a Rod center and he took Rod’s C.  Its just a weird situation all around.

• Like 3

If Eric comes back I might find something else to do. Complacency would be right back at full throttle with Captain Complacent at the helm.

Either way seems kinda far fetched and like something for those guys who have to make up stuff to talk about for an entire day to chew on.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I believe the speculation was Trochek for Brodin with E being an Add to fill the vacancy created.

1 minute ago, legend-1 said:

If Eric comes back I might find something else to do. Complacency will be right back at full throttle with Captain Complacent at the helm.

We could go for Marc too.  LOL

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Looks like he broke his leg going into the boards awkwardly with our very own Dzingle.

Yeah, I just saw the replay of that on YouTube. It was not Dzingle's fault though. Trocheck's skate got locked in the ice. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, Trochek was a Plymouth Whaler? We always seem to gravitate around that team?Course if we flip him, the that ends that. While we're at it, what part of the disastrous injuries have we solved? I want to go on record as saying I regret giving up Priskie out of all that.

And as usual, my purchase of a player's jersey is the Kiss of Doom. Goodbye Eric Haula!! Maybe I should purchase a Jordan Staal jersey next? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I just want to see this payoff quickly.  I hope he gets to skate today.

It's early enough in the day he should make it on time. It'd take just as long on the road to get replacement Checkers to Raleigh I think.

Why don't we just get all the three on the team and change our name to the Staal-o-canes...durf durf...Gimme a break. Enough with these guys. They've had their bright spots. Heck I even have an Eric jersey and loved him in his prime. Let's move on for everyone's sake.

• Like 3

My initial reaction was that Carolina gave up a lot.  Have analyzed for another 30 seconds, haha, I think it is a good trade for both sides.

The players the Canes gave up:

Haula: UFA, knee concerns, gonna cost some bucks to sign, so they were probably going to let him walk.

Wallmark:  He has been a good role player.  That said, with the likes of Suzuki, Drury, Geekie, and others in the fold, he is a player we can replace in house.

Priskie: The writing was on the wall when they acquired the RH Dman from the Rangers.

Eetu: With this year's draft, he may never had made the parent club.

I will take this trade for a RH shooting #2 center.  Well done.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Looks like he broke his leg going into the boards awkwardly with our very own Dzingle.

Hope those 2 made up, unless Dzingel is traded later today