The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Canes trade Haula, Wallmark, Priskie, and Eetu the center to FLA for Center Trocheck

Just now, Tightlinez said:

The show on NHL network is way behind on their reporting.  Where are ya'll watching things as they unfold?

Listening to NHL radio on XM at work while also refreshing the TSN live trade center blog online 

• Like 1

Trocheck said he can bring speed. He’s been disappointed with his game this year.  Says he thinks he’d fit in well with Rod’s style.  Doesn’t know his line assignment yet.

Edited by magpiemaniac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Trocheck said he can bring speed. He’s been disappointed with his game this year.  Says he thinks he’d fit in well with Rod’s style.  Doesn’t know his line assignment yet.

Irony would be pairing him with DZ

Canes just posted article about trade. The quote from DW leads me to believe this was something we were looking at before Saturday to upgrade our forwards and not as part of a bigger move.

• Like 1

My only question is   ,  Is Trocheck   Healthy ?  if so  then i can live with this deal  and count my losses of wallmark and Haula   towards the end season .   and i take it Priskie was  not as hyped as we had hoped  so it makes sense why the caps didnt lose sleep over him coming to us early .  Etuu tho ? was he bad  or something ?

Edited by Canesfanforever

I would expect Trocheck to show up tomorrow in time for the morning skate.  Will probably play 12 minutes or so to get used to the scheme.  

The more I dig into Trocheck's numbers the better he looks.  He has a +50% FO percentage.  The guy hits people, can play top line, and be trusted to play in all situations.  His best year he had a ton of PP and PK minutes.  

• Like 3

just watching some Trochek highlights...he's got speed and a good net presence...hopefully gives us that 2C/3C we've all been talking about/wishing for on here for weeks ;)

Edited by donwalrus

The so called experts on NHL Network are saying that this trade is exceptional for us.  They say that Trocheck's game will fit perfectly under Roddie's system.  Feeling better about this one all the time boys.  They say he plays hard, fast and has an edge to his game.  I like the report

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevildogKodi said:

Canes just posted article about trade. The quote from DW leads me to believe this was something we were looking at before Saturday to upgrade our forwards and not as part of a bigger move.

The Checkers' hockey operations guy did mention that he expects the Checkers to struggle with depth after the deadline until PTOs come.  This seems like a trade that may have been in the works for a while and were waiting for the best offer.  

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

I would expect Trocheck to show up tomorrow in time for the morning skate.  Will probably play 12 minutes or so to get used to the scheme.  

The more I dig into Trocheck's numbers the better he looks.  He has a +50% FO percentage.  The guy hits people, can play top line, and be trusted to play in all situations.  His best year he had a ton of PP and PK minutes.  

I think we got him more for his FO than for his offense, which hopefully will return to pre-injury form.  Jordo can’t be our sole FO machine 

The Checkers' hockey operations guy did mention that he expects the Checkers to struggle with depth after the deadline until PTOs come.  This seems like a trade that may have been in the works for a while and were waiting for the best offer.  

Well, it’s not like they were in solid contention of repeating 

He is a scorer  when healthy ,  look for him to be an assist  and face off winning guy .  

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

I think we got him more for his FO

If we traded all that for some Faceoffs we are idiots.

• Like 2

As a side note,  I really hope Wally and Haula do well for Florida.  Keep Toronto out of the playoff race.

Just now, sleekfeeder said:

Dzingle/Trocheck/Necas?

Nino-Trocheck-Dzingle?  

• Like 4

Wow. I have to digest this one a bit more, but at first glance this is intriguing. The Committee heard my plea for a 2C. The NHL boards including the Canes roster page have already moved the players to each team. 

This move has potentially huge upside. Trochek appears to have 2C written on him. Even though his goals are down, his assists are decent even in a down year. He has two more years during which we will develop other centers. 

We gave Florida some pieces, and who knows, Priskie might turn into a massive offensive presence, but overall I think we just gave them 4 first graders for a 4th grader. Priskie, despite his hype, is a college grad and they have a very mixed record (really more of an underwhelming one) at the NHL level. Eetu had dropped in our depth chart. We have Geekie, but also in a couple of years Suzuki that will be better for that slot. Wallmark was a very functional player. But he is a 3C-4C tweener with 3C upside. We have a 3C. His name is Stone Hands. 

Haula needed to be gone. Something was off with the guy. Where Staal has stone hands, Haula had gotten 'weak hands'. His play along the boards had gotten beyond tentative. Then there was whatever was going on with him and the team. He would have been gone next year and was an "own rental". In many ways the now of this trade was Haula for Trochek. And we win that one. Maybe Haula gets his game back next year, but it wasn't happening here.

Thank you committee. You never sleep, and at least at first glance you got this one very right!

• Like 4

As a side note,  I really hope Wally and Haula do well for Florida.  Keep Toronto out of the playoff race.

Nino-Trocheck-Dzingle?  

NO    , Nino  Trocheck and Necas 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Dzingle/Trocheck/Necas?

I love the idea of a line that can just flat out fly.

I gotta think Dzingel would give his left...eyebrow, to get off the 4th line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

NO    , Nino  Trocheck and Necas 

probably right.  Dzingle may get traded today anyways to acquire a non-rental defender.

Just now, remkin said:

I love the idea of a line that can just flat out fly.

I gotta think Dzingel would give his left...eyebrow, to get off the 4th line. 

Why break up Nino  and Necas when they are both  showing chemistry with each other  and scoring ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cc said:

Don't think it was for faceoffs, Trocheck (36) is only 9 points behind Haula (22) and Wallmark (23) combined for the year. 

Edited by DevildogKodi
Added point totals

7 minutes ago, cc said:

I am now endorsing a "super" like button. 

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Why break up Nino  and Necas when they are both  showing chemistry with each other  and scoring ? 

I'm not really endorsing that, but just the idea of a group of forwards that can fly like the wind. And that ain't Nino. But really, I just like the idea of a speed line in theory.