The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Canes trade Haula, Wallmark, Priskie, and Eetu the center to FLA for Center Trocheck

9 minutes ago, winger52 said:

So I need to set aside a box of cookies for each game? Or cupcakes?

I prefer cookies, but cupcakes are nice. TBH the no thumbs down button is also to encourage new posters. Over the years, this can be a tough room. Again though, anyone is open to a negative response by quote. 

2 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Anybody else see the irony that we acquired Trocheck right after all the Miracle references on Saturday?

Don’t get it

3 forwards and a D man for a guy who has 10 goals this season making $4.75m. That’s a joke.  If he’s penciled as a 2C then Wadells regressing back to his Atlanta days. Wallmark has 11 goals as a 4C. Thumbs down. 

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Don’t get it

Was reading somebody else's story that suggested a connection which turned out to be false.  look the other way.  Nothing to see here.

The one thing I hope is that this trade, after we've spent what 5 pages now analyzing it, is not a prelude to flipping Trocheck for something else? Now I can't see that particularly with us giving him #16 I understand, but it just seems NOT to address the holes created in the team Saturday? So I'm holding my breath until 3pm.

• Like 4

If anyone can be sure of one thing about HCRB it's that if you are a complainer and malcontent you won't be sticking around for a good amount of time while he has a voice in the conversation.

Haula is now the third player that has found this out.  It's about the team and not about you.....

• Like 3

Just now, snuffy72 said:

I don't get it either.   Gave up a bunch for 1 guy that looks like a middle of the road player.  Oh well !!

Trocheck has more upside than a middle of the road player.  He also plays a complete game which I am sure the Canes wanted in a centre.

3 minutes ago, SAT_Line said:

centre

This is the United States...we don’t use the Queen’s English ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAT_Line said:

Trocheck has more upside than a middle of the road player.  He also plays a complete game which I am sure the Canes wanted in a centre.

and he is a right shot.

30 minutes ago, winger52 said:

So I need to set aside a box of cookies for each game? Or cupcakes?

Don't forget a glass of milk. 👎

5 minutes ago, SAT_Line said:

In all due respects I hope his upside happens sooner than later.    My issue is not with the player but with how much we gave up to get him. 

5 minutes ago, snuffy72 said:

In all due respects I hope his upside happens sooner than later.    My issue is not with the player but with how much we gave up to get him. 

Check out REM’s analysis of this trade on the last page of Saturday’s GDT. He pretty much nailed it...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

A little late to this conversation, but now we can deploy a true top 6!  I know I'm about to take a beating, but I would start with:

Svech / Aho / Necas

Turbo / Trocheck / Nino

Foegele / Staal / Williams

McGinn / Martinook / Dzingle

More like  this 

Turbo  / Aho / Svech 

Nino  /  Troch / Necas

Dzingle / Marty / Williams 

McGinn / Staal / Foegs 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

More like  this 

Turbo  / Aho / Svech 

Nino  /  Troch / Necas

Dzingle / Marty / Williams 

McGinn / Staal / Foegs 

I'll play

Svech/Aho/Turbo

Nino/Troch/Necas

Dzingle/Staal/Foegs

McGinn/Marty/Williams

• Like 2

Anytime we get the best player in a deal, I will not complain.  We got the best player here, so I'm good.  Right-handed shot #2 center that can skate and can play in front of the net.  And smarter people than me on TV are saying this is a good fit for HCRB's sytem.  

Paula-Barrett-Thumbs-Up-Actions.jpg

• Like 3

Not to throw cold water, but seems to me like we're buying Trocheck's bounce back possibility (along with dumping Haula).  

I was looking at some Panther fan reaction and there's a lot more negativity towards Trocheck than I expected.  Some go as far as to say that Fla wins the trade via addition by subtraction.  A couple examples:

• All Florida fans are happy, anyone saying this is bad hasn't watched Trocheck in years
  • And how happy I am that we were able to dump Trocheck?
  • God have people watched the Panthers at all this season? Trocheck is like a Cheechoo clone. He had a good couple of seasons, and then fell fast. Of course his serious ankle injury last year didn’t help, but it’s been a decline we have been seeing from him even before the injury.
  • Trocheck was horrid for us. I’m so glad he’s gone. So no I don’t think it’s going to hurt me watching his lazy play and turnovers.
  • Seems like many people who think Carolina won this deal haven’t even seen Vincent Trocheck play hockey.
  • lol Trocheck is not a great player. He has been a legit net negative all season

Might be some sour grapes from the Fla fans, but I think back on Wild fans perceptions of Nino when he was dealt and it ultimately proved that there was a lot of valid insight from them (we still won that trade, though). 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Not to throw cold water, but seems to me like we're buying Trocheck's bounce back possibility (along with dumping Haula).  

I was looking at some Panther fan reaction and there's a lot more negativity towards Trocheck than I expected.  Some go as far as to say that Fla wins the trade via addition by subtraction.  A couple examples:

• All Florida fans are happy, anyone saying this is bad hasn't watched Trocheck in years
  • And how happy I am that we were able to dump Trocheck?
  • God have people watched the Panthers at all this season? Trocheck is like a Cheechoo clone. He had a good couple of seasons, and then fell fast. Of course his serious ankle injury last year didn’t help, but it’s been a decline we have been seeing from him even before the injury.
  • Trocheck was horrid for us. I’m so glad he’s gone. So no I don’t think it’s going to hurt me watching his lazy play and turnovers.
  • Seems like many people who think Carolina won this deal haven’t even seen Vincent Trocheck play hockey.

Might be some sour grapes from the Fla fans, but I think back on Wild fans perceptions of Nino when he was dealt and it ultimately proved that there was a lot of valid insight from them (we still won that trade, though). 

Well, that is a head scratcher Lake, but then the 10 fans who follow the Panthers might not be so well informed😃

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SAT_Line said:

I agree, plus he is a RH shooter.  They didn't trade anybody they can not replace and they picked up someone with term who has some upside and had worn out his welcome in FLA.

4 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I was looking at some Panther fan reaction and there's a lot more negativity towards Trocheck than I expected.  Some go as far as to say that Fla wins the trade via addition by subtraction.

I’d take the social media echo chambers with a grain of salt.  The fans who liked Trocheck will just post a sad emoji.  His haters will post a paragraph-long diatribe.  My sense—based on Trocheck’s comments this morning—is that his play would fit in well here.  We’re not losing a lot of current production in this trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

Well, the is a head scratcher Lake, but then the 10 fans who follow the Panthers might not be so well informed😃

Oh, c'mon now Kjun, I bet they've got at least 50 or 60, lol.  

But seriously, I suspect that dumping Haula before the TD played a bit part from the Canes end, and I'm guessing that scouting (analytics and expert eyes?) suggest that Trocheck stands a good chance of bouncing back in an environment like Carolina?   

3 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’d take the social media echo chambers with a grain of salt.  The fans who liked Trocheck will just post a sad emoji.  His haters will post a paragraph-long diatribe.  My sense—based on Trocheck’s comments this morning—is that his play would fit in well here.  We’re not losing a lot of current production in this trade.

Absolutely.  On the other hand, I don't dismiss it entirely.  Again, look at the Nino feedback.  Or, how much do you think that Blues fans wish their management had listened to our take on Justin Faulk before they signed him?  Given Trocheck's stats over the past 2 seasons, I'm still guessing that The Committee is counting on a bounceback. 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

This is a big upgrade for our 2nd line power play and 2nd line. He appears to be something of a sniper. If he's been playing sloppy with Florida this season post injury, light a fire under him by trading  to a hungry playoff contender coached by Brind'amour 

1 minute ago, LakeLivin said:

Oh, c'mon now Kjun, I bet they've got at least 50 or 60, lol.  

But seriously, I suspect that dumping Haula before the TD played a bit part from the Canes end, and I'm guessing that scouting (analytics and expert eyes?) suggest that Trocheck stands a good chance of bouncing back in an environment like Carolina?   

Yes I agree Lake. I've read that the injury was one to his ankle, and that could be very difficult to recover from. I'm hoping he makes a full recovery and can then shove it down their throats the next we play.