The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Canes trade 1st round pick (lower of the two) to NYR for Defender D Skjei

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

All in!

Yep, all in for sure.  I think it’s too high for Skjei, but you can’t say these aren’t aggressive moves and they are moves for players going forward too.  Hopefully all these guys are good fits and the Committee did their homework.

• Like 3

Just now, Red_Storm said:

Yep, all in for sure.  I think it’s too high for Skjei, but you can’t say these aren’t aggressive moves and they are moves for players going forward too.  Hopefully all these guys are good fits and the Committee did their homework.

I totally understand...leery of the $ and term...but I think they did their homework 

cclifford10: 

The Metro division trades today are unreal!

Having considered that fact, we were probably forced to do more that we would like or intend to

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

I swear I saw somewhere where we could not aquire Skjei due to Cap space? I guess someone has to go on LTIR for that to be possible?

That's what Im seeing.

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

I swear I saw somewhere where we could not aquire Skjei due to Cap space? I guess someone has to go on LTIR for that to be possible?

Pesce or Hams, take your pick. Or Reimer or Petr. Or all of 'em?

Seriously, all this spending tells me Brett and at least one keep won't be back for a while. I'd love to be wrong, though.

• Like 1

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

I think im going to throw up . 

Throw up "good" or throw up "bad". You guys are going to have to be more specific.

• Like 2

never heard of Skeki.  Anyone know anything about him?  should we be excited for this dude?  

2 dmen and a center today.  not bad.  Lets go Ned, your time to shine.   Ned needs to realize that he could lead us to and win a Stanley Cup and earn the starter job for next year(Cam Ward style). 

• Like 4