The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Stars @ Canes...the rematch

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Tripp, we are DOWN BY THREE...we aren’t pulling Ned

For an ex goalie he seems to have little regard for goals against....

Just now, MisterDobz said:

I don’t think this thread is going to get to 30+ pages like last games...

Depends on how long the taste lasts, could take a lot of posts to get this 💩 sandwich down.

2 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

I don’t think this thread is going to get to 30+ pages like last games...

Unless we are ranting about refs, Gardiner, Eddy, etc. :)

Sad part of that is NO ONE , fans, scouts, coaches, executives can even make a decent assessment of new blood in the lineup, goalie included. Same inconsistency of not being 7:08 ready to get after it. Moving on. We know there's really good hockey left in their tank, but it naps too often for this years race.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

My eyes are mad at me for forcing them to watch that game.

Well that didn't go well. Things are pretty bad when a political debate draws me away from hockey.

Whip 'em into shape quick, Roddy.

• Like 1

Tonight  could of gone better   but  you know , new teams mates , players coming together to learn   how to play with the team  and vice versa  ,    and once dalas  got a good enough lead  they sat on it and played 1-2-2  trap hockey deep   and  collapse  the net constantly .    If anyone is to blame   im sure everyone  knows who to .    I just hope tomorrow  Brindy   works on better drills  for the team to get better  acclimated   and then things should be fine once all the gadgets are rolling  like  a fine oiled machine . 

Missed it, guess I'm gonna skip the DVR too.

Hopefully jitters for Ned but the highlights looked like Edmundson got made into a pylon a few times.

2 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Missed it, guess I'm gonna skip the DVR too.

Hopefully jitters for Ned but the highlights looked like Edmundson got made into a pylon a few times.

He was not living up to his end of the agreement . 

Within just a few days, we went from a game we’ll never forget to a game we want to forget.  Better luck Friday evening.  We’re running out of games.

• Like 1

Back from the game—some big breakdowns dug a bigger hole, but the Canes dominated huge stretches for much of it.  19-1 shots in the third and the Gameflow chart was ridiculously tilted toward the Canes.  Khudobin was a difference maker and, my God, those refs suck, they SUCK!  

Well they hung Ned out to dry. 2 goals were on odd man rushes and the other 2 were in close w/no defensive help. And scoring one goal seals your fate. BUT, whatever confidence Ned had coming in has to be gone. For the life of me I don’t understand making 3 trades and none was for a goalie. It didn’t have to be Lehner but surely there were some trade candidates withatbleastvdecent numbers. Maybe you make a goalie trade instead of trading for an injured defenseman. Ned and Forsberg might be capable, but that game probably destroyed Ned’s confidence. I’m not feeling we’re going to make the playoffs all of a sudden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

Within just a few days, we went from a game we’ll never forget to a game we want to forget.  Better luck Friday evening.  We’re running out of games.

I don't think it is fair to expect the same level of effort that was against Toronto in every game. That level is simply not sustainable. This like an Olympic athlete who collapses after crossing finish line. You do this once on 4 years (or possibly once in a lifetime) but not night in and night out.

• Like 1

Dalas id say is  a lot better defensively  than toronto is  ,  Each  team  builds  towards their strengths     and in dalas  case they are  very well rounded  on defense and  once they get the lead they sit on it  and play defense ,    The canes are not optimized  to take on heavy defensive teams like that once they can sit on a lead , we  saw it last  year against boston    and in some games against washington .    The Canes  do best when they get the early goal  lead   and well    that didnt happen .   The canes  chasing a game against a team like dalas , boston , washington    they just lose !   I wonder if people understand that .   

tough game to watch and I closed my eyes every time the puck was in our end. I wanted Ned pulled in the 1st, but I'm sure Rod wanted to send the message that he has faith in him, so as not to make things worse next time. I'm sure Ned feels like the loss was partly his and doesn't need anyone telling him, but with THAT many shots on goal and only 1 to show for it, it wasnt his fault we lost. 

They out Defended us and aside from our NUMEROUS defensive blunders (Gardiner, Eddy, Skjei AND Slavin), and TERRIBLE passing, the team played quite well offensively considering all of the changes to the lineup and Dallas' good D. Let's hope a couple days of practice and a big win in store for Friday.

It's funny 'cause all of the times I remember *edit* about our goaltending, Reimer and Mrazek sure looked good to me last night o___0

• Like 1