The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bluedevil58

YouTube TV cancelling Fox Regional Sports Networks....

I was thinking seriously on canceling my service with century link prizm and go to you tube but if I can't get fox sports south there is no reason to leave.  Did you receive notice on cancellation or what?

Well the Caps just switched to NBC sports Washington and I watch the Canes games out of market so it doesnt seem like I will lose anything. Feel sorry for those that are though. If you stream Sling used to have Fox sports but I dont know if they still do

2 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Well the Caps just switched to NBC sports Washington and I watch the Canes games out of market so it doesnt seem like I will lose anything. Feel sorry for those that are though. If you stream Sling used to have Fox sports but I dont know if they still do

Think Sling dropped them too.

Facebook folks seem to be saying there gonna head on over to Hulu.

I almost cut the cord last month and switch to YTTV.  Decided not to because I managed to get a good discount from Uverse.

But how long before AT&T does the same thing?  They've fought with providers too.

Hate to say it... but this could signal the end of John Forslund for our local team.  I know the contract is with the team, but it is all connected.  Sinclair wants more money from TD, so he will cheapen out elsewhere.

Edited by wxray1

I will be picking up Hulu TV to watch the games.  If they don't figure this out in a month I will drop YouTubeTV.  It is good but there are other options.  Goes into effect on February 29th, so after tomorrow's game that's it.

Seems only local option is Cable or Hulu.  I often start watching late and catch up with YouTube DVR. Hulu DVR limits you to 50 hours and requires a premium of ten dollars to speed through commercials. So equivalent functionality to YouTube is on Hulu is $60. In the past I have tried NHL Center Ice and it is a blackout fiasco. Seems like Hockey is doing all they can to destroy the local market. You can suspend YouTube TV till August, and then cancel. I have immediately suspended. The only reason I had YouTube was to watch Canes. 

I do not want cable with a cable box in every room and an antiquated DVR box. 

I have attended a few games this year I will not be going to another  game soon. The NHL and their sports affiliates need to sort this mess out. Dundon/Fox/NHL/YouTube pulling the plug on viewers at the playoff push and all pointing the finger at each other. 

I'm really ******.  I really like YTV.  There are reddit streams of games.   Why does this keep happening?  I guess I could VPN to San Fran(company HQ) and watch the game on NHL tv.

Edited by bluedevil58

45 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

I'm really ******.  I really like YTV.  There are reddit streams of games.   Why does this keep happening?  I guess I could VPN to San Fran(company HQ) and watch the game on NHL tv.

Reddit have to close streams for NHL games,  those streams moved to a another platform

I just to clarify - with HULU you will pay $60 a month to watch these games. That is the price for NO ads. You will be FORCED to watch the ads though. You CANNOT fast forward ads for Canes games.... If I didnt just renew my DISH contract to get a lower price Id drop them and switch to DirectTV. 

2 minutes ago, cane-addict-1 said:

If I didnt just renew my DISH contract to get a lower price Id drop them and switch to DirectTV. 

I have Uverse, and we still have the stations.  DirectTv and Uverse are owned by AT&T.  AT&T has had contract disputes in the past.  I don't think we are safe next contract renewal.  At least we are good for now, but I have no idea when their contract renews.

Edited by wxray1

5 minutes ago, cane-addict-1 said:

Yea.... its getting way too complicated. Im not sure TD cares bc he prefers butts in seats to at home. 

Ask Chicago fans how that worked for Bill Wirtz.  He nearly killed the team when he restricted TV. 

His son fixed that.  And the team, along with some good (lucky) drafting, became the hottest ticket in town.  Fans need continuous engagement when they can't be at the game, or when the team is on the road.

Edited by wxray1

That’s been my hesitation with cord cutting.  The market has become so fragmented with content producers either starting their own service or jumping here to there between online services.  If you subscribed to everything, you’d pay nearly as much as your regular cable bill.  🤪

Glad they figured this out.  I really enjoy youtube TV, but this was a deal breaker for me.  This, ESPN and ACC Network.  I can do without just about everything else.