The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
magpiemaniac

Covid 19 virus inpacts sports, NHL,Season Tix other impacts

Nascar had 20,000 fans at the all star race on Wednesday I don't know how many yesterday at Texas. Now that fans are allowed there will the fans be able to come back to the NHL games next season? I know they won't for the playoffs on August 1st.

The very loose plan is December or January. But fans in the building is just unpredictable. It is the last thing really, only going to happen when this pandemic is way way down or gone. It is hard at this point to see that without a vaccine or herd immunity, which are hard to to see until one or both suddenly arrive. Things will look very different then, but it's hard to see right now. I think they just have to have some sort of target to form a plan around. 

21 hours ago, cc said:

Not in this state with our governor.

^ political ^

21 hours ago, cc said:

Not in this state with our governor. without a vaccine.

^ fixed ^

21 hours ago, cc said:

Not in this state with our governor.

^ political ^

21 hours ago, cc said:

Not in this state with our governor. without a vaccine.

^ fixed ^

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cc said:

Not political sir. It’s a fact and he alone has the power to make this decision. You made it political.

That's rich.

I don't think that Covid-19 has any political affiliation.   I don't think that the medical personnel that have to take care of patients infected with Covid-19 ask what political party do you belong to.   Depending on the answer that could determine the treatment you will receive.  Anyone in a leadership role - governors , mayors, council members are trying to make decisions on an issue never before seen in our lifetime....at least in mine and I am 67 years old.    I think it is a travesty that there is no across the board approach on a national level in trying to battle this pandemic.   How many more have to die for us as a nation to  wake up and start listening to the medical experts instead of the politicians that in many cases could really care less about the outcome other than the economy must come back stronger than ever.   Those that are making decisions based on the medical data are being ostracized by the political powers that for whatever reason refuse to separate political from medical.  In the meantime the numbers just keep growing.    SO......that's my non-political statement for the week.   Just the Facts Ma'am - Joe Friday !!