magpiemaniac

Covid 19 virus inpacts sports, NHL,Season Tix other impacts

Just now, remkin said:

I'm guessing they just call it.

It would seem so. I guess we will know shortly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

It would seem so. I guess we will know shortly

Just re reading that the NHL also told teams not to have team meetings, practice or have morning skates. It would be weird to then make them play, especially in empty arenas. Putting more down on the "suspend everything now" bet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Ruh roh. 

I'm sure there is much truth as to the severity of the situation and it merrits a high level of concern. No doubt. But part of me also believes there is alot of fear mongering going on due to our societies' morbid obsession with the end of times, and zombies (for the sake of ratings).

I agree with you here and think its more a long the line of not being arrested by the culture police.. Someone might sue the nhl or the arena for catching something after they didnt wash their hands or picked their nose. In the times we live in now, its always someones fault and not your own. And of course Im bias here and hate the thoughts of no hockey....

• Like 1

There is no doubt  that there is some info on the virus  and  still more to learn about it  .   One of the things i learned recently  is that   the virus  can cause permanent  lung damage.    given that  fact   someone who is healthy as an  ox contracting the virus  could end up  with damaged lungs that could take them out of the sport forever .   

People need to be smart  and let the virus  die out with no more cases  and then   people can continue to carry on with their lives .  

• Like 1

ACC will award trophy to Florida State shortly. For the first time in ACC history, by the bylaws, the regular-season champion and not the tournament champion is the actual champion.

Just now, sleekfeeder said:

WOW! So will the current President Trophy holder be the Stanley cup champ? 🤣

if  the suspension stretches  , it could be looked at it like that in a silly way .   in that case  congratz boston ? 

All signs pointing to NHL season being suspended but one Governor telling me just now they still haven’t heard for sure. They will find out on 1 pm ET BOG call.

Yah, I was supposed to be leaving in a hour for a family spring break trip to Japan...got told literally as I was walking out the door to the airport that I’m under orders not to go.  

Thanks China 🇨🇳 

The NHL is currently on a Conference Call with its' Board of Governors. The Announcement of the Leagues plans is imminent. We're up live on TSN right now and will have the details as soon as the news breaks.

24 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

if  the suspension stretches  , it could be looked at it like that in a silly way .   in that case  congratz boston ? 

Not sure about that. In 1919, the Spanish Flu caused the league to shut down and no one was awarded the cup. 

I am guessing the league will suspend the rest of the season and start back up with playoffs in a few weeks. Where the teams stand right now is where the playoffs will start.

(IMHO of course!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caniac5 said:

I am guessing the league will suspend the rest of the season and start back up with playoffs in a few weeks. Where the teams stand right now is where the playoffs will start.

(IMHO of course!)

We would be in if that happens

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd bet the wild card teams won't be in the playoffs, if they are held, but just guessing.

I guess all bets are off. That would be a possibility.

5 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd bet the wild card teams won't be in the playoffs, if they are held, but just guessing.

Horse manure.

One game winner takes all. 

Edited by sleekfeeder