The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
magpiemaniac

Covid 19 virus inpacts sports, NHL,Season Tix other impacts

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd bet the wild card teams won't be in the playoffs, if they are held, but just guessing.

I guess all bets are off. That would be a possibility.

5 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd bet the wild card teams won't be in the playoffs, if they are held, but just guessing.

Horse manure.

One game winner takes all. 

Edited by sleekfeeder

"Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent, so that we will be able to complete the season and award the Stanley Cup. Until then, we thank NHL fans for your patience and hope you stay healthy."

I heard only Canadian teams will be part of the playoffs.

LOL

• Like 1

My golf buddie's brother is the coach of the Toronto Raptors. The team and staff is in self imposed isolation. So far, his brother, and the rest of the team is well.

I’m okay with the league moving the playoffs online to NHL 20 with the caveat that Snoop Dogg isn’t allowed to call the second period action.  I like our virtual chances with our young Finns.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’m okay with the league moving the playoffs online to NHL 20 with the caveat that Snoop Dogg isn’t allowed to call the second period action.  I like our virtual chances with our young Finns.

Image result for snoop dogg gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I cracked up the first time I heard that. Is there an NHL 20 Xbox contingent on the boards? 

Wondering what this means for our season renewals that are due to process tomorrow. Will they go ahead, use out money on account? I suspect they go through as normal...

Well my rep called but when I called back it went to his voicemail and I gotta get into work.

I understand the reason behind it but NO hockey = me not happy.  Plus if no playoffs? 😫 Even if Canes were not in playoffs it was always my favorite time of year. 

8 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

I understand the reason behind it but NO hockey = me not happy.  Plus if no playoffs? 😫 Even if Canes were not in playoffs it was always my favorite time of year. 

Personally, I don’t expect another NHL puck to be dropped in an official game until October 2020.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caniac5 said:

In 1919, the Spanish Flu caused the league to shut down and no one was awarded the cup.

In 100 years, history repeats itself?

5 hours ago, remkin said:

NHL also told teams not to have team meetings, practice or have morning skates.

Does it mean players will not have practices during the pause? At all? How the teams will look like if and when games resume with players out of shape?

4 hours ago, thickburglar said:

I cracked up the first time I heard that. Is there an NHL 20 Xbox contingent on the boards? 

I play but just local. I dont have xbox live and dont feel the need to get beat by a smack talking 10 year old

Admittedly, I’ve long been a bit cynical when it comes to how I perceive the intelligence of many of my fellow Americans, but—holy 💩—this pandemic has brought out the loons. The lack of any critical thinking skills within the general population is astonishing.  My wife strives to see the best in people and encourages me to do the same, but it’s been difficult lately.

And do we really need those local news stories where a 28-year-old reporter interviews a therapist to discuss the psychology of why people are buying hand sanitizer?  It’s comes across as condescending.

• Like 2