The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
magpiemaniac

Covid 19 virus inpacts sports, NHL,Season Tix other impacts

45 minutes ago, OBXer said:

You can't get there from here!

Dare County just announced that access to the bridges into the county will be closed to all non-residents or workers beginning at 2PM. The remote Outer Banks just got remote again.

They are fortunate to be able to do this.  There could be "New Pirates" however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

You can't get there from here!

Dare County just announced that access to the bridges into the county will be closed to all non-residents or workers beginning at 2PM. The remote Outer Banks just got remote again.

My sister lives in KDH and I was thinking about taking my kids for a day trip - guess that's a no-go for now.  I'm sure the Alligator River bridge would have been out of commission when we would try to cross it anyway...

6 minutes ago, pepcane said:

My sister lives in KDH and I was thinking about taking my kids for a day trip - guess that's a no-go for now.  I'm sure the Alligator River bridge would have been out of commission when we would try to cross it anyway...

I would think your trip will be delayed. Now the Alligator River Bridge is a different issue.😎

• Like 1

14 hours ago, remkin said:

We are now told to limit gatherings to 10 people, and not go to restaurants. San Francisco is now sheltering in place. I went out and bought food and supplies today which I thought unnecessary just a few days ago. I asked my wife what to get. She asked me to get toilet paper. There were about 6 packs left. Packs of 4. Limit one per customer. And most places had none. Maybe the TP hoarders were right. I'm kidding. Sort of

Went to Sam's Club yesterday to pick up some Halos and other fruit. Told my wife it felt like winning a raffle, when I passed an employee going to reshelve a couple packs of TP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevildogKodi said:

I passed an employee going to reshelve a couple packs of TP.

Buy about 10 wash clothes per person(Brown ones).  No different than washing diapers.

This morning, I saw a middle-aged woman in the grocery store telling each passing shopper to stay six feet away from her because she had a compromised immune system.  She starting yelling that everyone else was a bunch of sheep.  Apparently, it must have been her store and hers alone.

3 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

This morning, I saw a middle-aged woman in the grocery store telling each passing shopper to stay six feet away from her because she had a compromised immune system.  She starting yelling that everyone else was a bunch of sheep.  Apparently, it must have been her store and hers alone.

My dad (who is 86 and has emphysema) won't hug me when I go by the house.  He and mom depend on me to do just about everything for them since my mom's health has gotten worse.

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

Whew!  I just got my coronavirus test results back.  Needless to say, I’m quite relieved.

image.thumb.jpeg.53438e1250b05139aecea42d41f01046.jpeg

The previous 4 agents to prevent?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Interesting rumored proposal for resumption of season including playoffs:

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/03/new-details-revealed-on-nhl-players.html?m=1

Wow.  So, with this proposal the playoffs are started with the next year's roster?

Glad they are thinking about a shortened season next year.  It is very likely to be reality.

Edited by wxray1

14 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

My dad (who is 86 and has emphysema) won't hug me when I go by the house.  He and mom depend on me to do just about everything for them since my mom's health has gotten worse.

Hang in there fella- This emphasizes the impact .  When it gets personal it changes the viewpoint forever.

14 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

A tough situation. Wishing the best for you and your loved ones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cc said:

Hang in there fella- This emphasizes the impact .  When it gets personal it changes the viewpoint forever.

56 minutes ago, OBXer said:

A tough situation. Wishing the best for you and your loved ones

I'm not stressing over that.  The older he gets, the more paranoid he gets.  About their only contact with anybody is with me, or a doctor.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

I'm not stressing over that.  The older he gets, the more paranoid he gets.  About their only contact with anybody is with me, or a doctor.

I understand where you’re coming from.  My father is in his late 80s.   Born near the beginning of the Great Depression and seeing his two older brothers go off to war only to die in the Pacific, my father didn’t really experience any sense of normalcy until his mid-teens as he was pondering the inevitability of preparing for military service himself.  Fortunately, the war ended in time.

He knows how bad it can get because he’s lived it.  Younger generations have rarely experienced such wider social calamities.  There are a lot of skills that his generation had to hone that younger generations haven’t a clue about.  Chicken magically appears on the store shelves plucked, processed, and sometimes even cooked.

When talking to my own teens about Zoomers and Millennials, I half-jokingly shake my head and say, “We’ll never colonize Mars.”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

Ad the country warms up, I think this virus will go away.  The scary thing aside from deaths is economic collapse.

Generally is the pattern with coronaviruses, and this is what all are hoping/praying for. Summer months typically increase the now popularized term "social distancing", so that SHOULD work. Again I stress as all are aware, that this is a "novel" virus, derived as a zoonotic disease, so I just wonder if it will act in the usual coronavirus way?

18 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Sounds like the Sens will announce soon that one of their players tested positive.

BREAKING NEWS: First NHL player has been diagnosed with Coronavirus. Senators Team will not release name of player, however an inside source has confirmed that it is not Craig Anderson, Anders Nilsson nor Marcus Hogberg as they are incapable of catching anything.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, super_dave_1 said:

Man, that has to hurt.  God bless you for being there for them.  Hopefully we can all get through this stuff and you can hug both of them snugly until you're all out of breath. (Figuratively speaking!)  Hockey is one thing - family, now that's another. FWIW, I've read the last chapter and the good guys win.  Gotta lot of stuff to go through but we will prevail!  Carry on...