The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

The Lighter Side of Lockdown

9 hours ago, romansperson said:

Pfft. My husband bought me tix for the Brit Floyd tribute band for Christmas.

Understood-  I mean the "real" Floyd. Not this ersatz version.  I am old fart.   I suggest Echoes from the Meddle album.

Edited by cc

I like the new golf rules. Cart to yourself, sand traps are Hazard Free Drops and you only have to get putts within 6 feet of the hole. I'm now in the 60's.

14 hours ago, cc said:

Understood-  I mean the "real" Floyd. Not this ersatz version.  I am old fart.   I suggest Echoes from the Meddle album.

I am too. But not an old enough fart to have seen the real Floyd back in the day, so I'll take what I can get (I've seen Brit Floyd once before, they were pretty good). I did see Roger do The Wall at PNC. Great show. Now I'll have to wait until 2021 to get a fix …!

So... I have a kind of embarrassing story to tell. Back in the the day when the Cane's first came to town, I moonlighted doing 24 hour service calls. Got a call one Sunday afternoon and responded to the residence. While I was there the home owner, his friend and I were chatting. Small talk mostly but during they asked me how I liked hockey and had I heard of the Hurricanes. I was a season ticket holder at the Smith center and a huge basketball fan at the time. My response was , "well they look like they are learning the game ,but they have a long way to go before they can compete with college BB around here". It was Gary Roberts and Kevin Dineen. Got to meet several players and got to know a few more over the years after that but that was terribly embarrassing at the time.  

Edited by hockeynjune
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:25 AM, hockeynjune said:

So... I have a kind of embarrassing story to tell. Back in the the day when the Cane's first came to town, I moonlighted doing 24 hour service calls. Got a call one Sunday afternoon and responded to the residence. While I was there the home owner, his friend and I were chatting. Small talk mostly but during they asked me how I liked hockey and had I heard of the Hurricanes. I was a season ticket holder at the Smith center and a huge basketball fan at the time. My response was , "well they look like they are learning the game ,but they have a long way to go before they can compete with college BB around here". It was Gary Roberts and Kevin Dineen. Got to meet several players and got to know a few more over the years after that but that was terribly embarrassing at the time.  

Dineen, who was my favorite Whaler and about as hard nosed on the ice as the team had to offer, is now coaching the San Diego Gulls, the AHL affiliate of the Ducks.  We have seats in the lower bowl and I am amazed every time I see him walk across the ice to the team's bench how small he looks.  He was a terror on the ice, did not take cr_p from anybody.

• Like 1