Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

NHL Draft 2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

No one taking the Lapierre plunge yet. 

If he is there with a NJ pick, Im trading Bean to get a pick for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bing_Chow said:

Don't worry guys. We already got a Russian goalie from last year. 

Kochetkov 

2019-20 Vityaz Podolsk KHL   8 3.09 0.917 |        
  SKA St. Petersburg KHL   6 2.62 0.887 |        
  SKA-Neva St. Petersburg VHL   2 1.95 0.940 |        
  Russkie Vityazi Chekhov MHL   2 3.50 0.908 |        
2020-21 Vityaz Podolsk KHL   4 2.69 0.909

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Why are we mad at Nashville? We werent taking Askarov anyways 

You dont know that . 

 Also   Nashville did not need to take Askarov .  they already have a guy in their system   with  Konstantin Volkov   

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE   GP GAA Sv%   PLAYOFFS GP GAA Sv%
2014-15 SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   3 3.21 0.882 |        
  SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova MHL B   28 2.69 0.906 | PLAYOFFS 8 2.29 0.928
2015-16 SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   17 2.33 0.902 | PLAYOFFS 1 5.29 0.867
  SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova MHL B   6 2.14 0.925 |        
2016-17 SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   36 1.74 0.934 | PLAYOFFS 8 2.50 0.903
2017-18 SKA-Neva St. Petersburg VHL   2 9.77 0.667 |        
  SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   25 1.59 0.935 | PLAYOFFS 10 1.80 0.935
  SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova NMHL   1 1.85 0.867 |        
  Lesgaft Univ. St. Petersburg SPBUC   1 2.00 0.889 |        
2018-19 Sokol Krasnoyarsk VHL   6 3.01 0.911 |        
  Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk VHL   2 1.38 0.944 |        
2019-20 Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk VHL   30 2.44 0.902 | PLAYOFFS 1 0.00 1.000
2020-21 Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk VHL   4 1.13 0.946

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canesfanforever said:

You dont know that . 

 Also   Nashville did not need to take Askarov .  they already have a guy in their system   with  Konstantin Volkov   

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE   GP GAA Sv%   PLAYOFFS GP GAA Sv%
2014-15 SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   3 3.21 0.882 |        
  SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova MHL B   28 2.69 0.906 | PLAYOFFS 8 2.29 0.928
2015-16 SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   17 2.33 0.902 | PLAYOFFS 1 5.29 0.867
  SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova MHL B   6 2.14 0.925 |        
2016-17 SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   36 1.74 0.934 | PLAYOFFS 8 2.50 0.903
2017-18 SKA-Neva St. Petersburg VHL   2 9.77 0.667 |        
  SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL   25 1.59 0.935 | PLAYOFFS 10 1.80 0.935
  SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova NMHL   1 1.85 0.867 |        
  Lesgaft Univ. St. Petersburg SPBUC   1 2.00 0.889 |        
2018-19 Sokol Krasnoyarsk VHL   6 3.01 0.911 |        
  Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk VHL   2 1.38 0.944 |        
2019-20 Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk VHL   30 2.44 0.902 | PLAYOFFS 1 0.00 1.000
2020-21 Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk VHL   4 1.13 0.946

Cool but they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

We don’t need a goalie anyway. We’re just going to outscore the opposition at all cost 😎👍🏽

Someone on NBC said Dundon said he’d rather lose 5-4 than win 2-1. That was in reference to a defenseman, but still. If Askarov had still been available and we took Jarvis, I think some heads would have exploded. Of course, I wanted Askarov, but ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Cool but they did.

I know , and that is why im mad as hell at nashville .    Given who they already have in their system , you would think maybe they would not take Askarov when they have needs on wing or center . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canesfanforever said:

I know , and that is why im mad as hell at nashville .    Given who they already have in their system , you would think maybe they would not take Askarov when they have needs on wing or center . 

Nashville took Jones but did. They go BPA.  They trade extra good players for needs.

 

Canes are doing the same 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Nashville took Jones but did. They go BPA.  They trade extra good players for needs.

 

Canes are doing the same 

So do you think that might be their  play ?  to trade Askarov for someone/s  they want ?  If that happens  then  they are  going to be looking at a  fortune  in return .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

Someone on NBC said Dundon said he’d rather lose 5-4 than win 2-1. That was in reference to a defenseman, but still. If Askarov had still been available and we took Jarvis, I think some heads would have exploded. Of course, I wanted Askarov, but ...

Well, we need to be able to outscore teams in high-scoring game on nights the defense and goalie are not there, but we need to keep pucks out of net and not let our opponents have open season on our netminders. Perfect balance we need, but I’ll always take offense when we can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

So do you think that might be their  play ?  to trade Askarov for someone/s  they want ?  If that happens  then  they are  going to be looking at a  fortune  in return .   

Of course they would and it would make sense to do so. The “least best” goalie can be traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, surfzone365 said:

Well, we need to be able to outscore teams in high-scoring game on nights the defense and goalie are not there, but we need to keep pucks out of net and not let our opponents have open season on our netminders. Perfect balance we need, but I’ll always take offense when we can get it.

Dundon said that 2 years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

So do you think that might be their  play ?  to trade Askarov for someone/s  they want ?  If that happens  then  they are  going to be looking at a  fortune  in return .   

Don't think that's specifically their play, but much like us stocking up on D, they are stock piling trading chips. And what bigger chips are there than a goalie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NHL.com post draft analysis.
 
13. Carolina Hurricanes - Seth Jarvis, C, Portland (WHL)

NHL Central Scouting: No. 11 (North American skaters)

Jarvis is a smart, skilled player who executes with pace and excels on the power play as well as the penalty kill. The 18-year-old plays hard, goes to the net, and does everything with purpose. Jarvis (5-10, 175) creates offense with his vision, quickness and playmaking ability, and was second in the Western Hockey League with 98 points (42 goals, 56 assists) and a plus-53 rating in 58 games this season.

NHL.com analysis: Jarvis builds his game around his speed and dynamic offensive skills. He can play center or on the wing, and is an outstanding penalty killer. His presence will make the Hurricanes a more dynamic team whenever he's deemed ready for the NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...