Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
LakeLivin

What's the age distribution for readers of this forum?

How old are you?  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. How old are you?

    • < 20
      0
    • 20 - 29
      1
    • 30 - 39
      5
    • 40 - 49
      6
    • 50 - 59
      14
    • 60 - 69
      12
    • > 70
      5


Recommended Posts

Just curious as to the general age makeup of the readers of this forum.  I'm not trying to identify individual members, so voters won't be listed.  Of course, if you want to "out" yourself in the text, have at it, lol.

 

[mods: not sure where else to put this, so if there's a better place feel free to move it]  

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting time for a poll like this, because you have to be pretty committed to be on here now. Might also want to bump this back up if things pick up in the hockey world and we hopefully get more people back up in here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, remkin said:

Interesting time for a poll like this, because you have to be pretty committed to be on here now. Might also want to bump this back up if things pick up in the hockey world and we hopefully get more people back up in here!

 

Yeah, and we could take a snapshot before bumping it to see what the resumption of hockey action does to the distribution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What constitutes a “regular” ?  Lol I feel irregular most of the time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cc said:

What constitutes a “regular” ?  Lol I feel irregular most of the time. 

 

Probably not the best term to use.  If I could change the title I'd make it "readers of this forum". 

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

 

Probably not the best term to use.  If I could change the title I'd make it "readers of this forum". 

I like  the "readers of this forum" as a better title.  I am not a regular but have been reading these message boards for years.  Just recently started posting some thoughts.

I have only posted a bit over 100 times but my goal in life (age 66) is to live long enough to reach 10,000 posts (lol).   I just hope we win another cup before I am done.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, caneswincup said:

Not sure why this would matter.

I figured it was out of curiosity, especially after I posted some psychedelic pop music on the other thread.  :)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, the overall demographic actually WILL matter to the NHL and sports as a whole.  If the average age of high cost season ticket holders is 60+, and if the virus is still circulating, and they decide to open up for crowds.  Well, it's gonna matter. 

Edited by wxray1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to me. I will take my chances for live hockey.  Pretty sure I might have had this crap around December. Looking for a reliable inexpensive accurate antibody test soon . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is everything I do these days including this poll make me feel as old as I actually am. Unfair! :wheelchair:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods - in order to avoid subsequent confusion can someone change the title and replace "Regulars" with Readers?  I couldn't find a way to do it myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

 

Yeah, and we could take a snapshot before bumping it to see what the resumption of hockey action does to the distribution. 

This is a good idea.   Keep this poll open until we get back to "normal" whatever that is going to look like.  I am kind of surprised at the age group on here.  I thought I was dealing with a younger audience.   Now I get why y'all are so set in your ways (just kidding) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Mods - in order to avoid subsequent confusion can someone change the title and replace "Regulars" with Readers?  I couldn't find a way to do it myself.

As the starter of thread you can edit the first post and should be able to edit the title as well.

 

i took care of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

As the starter of thread you can edit the first post and should be able to edit the title as well.

 

i took care of it 

 

Thanks go.  Yup, if I edit the first post the title comes up as well and I can edit it.  Wasn't aware that's how it works since the first post seems like it's created seperately from the polll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been posting here since 1998, Sophomore year of HS. 

 

No one under the age of 30 to be seen now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I've been posting here since 1998, Sophomore year of HS. 

 

No one under the age of 30 to be seen now.

 

Occasionally Ryazan checks in from Russia.  Pretty sure he's under 30, but he hasn't been seen as much ever since he got married, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 in June. Been following all along. Not much to say through all this, cause most of what I have to say about all this is out of line with PC anyways. Hope everyone is safe, virus free and enjoying more family and close friends time. Life pretty much normal for me running a landscape operation, though no rec and sports leagues going so been able to be home at night. My lady sacker had her hours and days cut drastically as an Imaging Center Hospital Tech. Imagine that. New accounts coming at me daily if I want them but getting too old to work 10 hour days and 4 hour nights, so just wanna watch some hockey when and if it plays. Saving lots of money for October season though. 

Edited by 2ndsacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 60 for another few months, and grateful every day not just to be alive (had a stress-induced heart attack at 42) but to still feel in my early 30s, creatively, at heart, and physically. Just wish it were also true of energy!

 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:22 AM, cc said:

Pretty sure I might have had this crap around December.

Mrs. Shelf is certain she did too, in early February. Had a cough/cold she couldn't shake for weeks and ultimately got the first breathing treatment of her life to clear it. Doc said she was about to go pneumonic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I'm 60 for another few months, and grateful every day not just to be alive (had a stress-induced heart attack at 42) but to still feel in my early 30s, creatively, at heart, and physically. Just wish it were also true of energy!

 

Boy, I'm with you there, top. I turn 61 next month, had a heart attack in 2006 (probably stress-induced, as well) and a smaller one in 2015, but feel pretty good most of the time. I tell my sisters that some days I feel 18 and some I feel 80. It all averages out....

 

Glad to hear Mrs. Shelf is feeling better after her bout with whatever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TS and Jon-  Yall take care of yourselves.  I am at high risk of Cardiac. I'll be 60 next Feb.  I am now 4 years older than my father lived and consider that a blessing.  Stress heart attacks got him. Hockey keeps my stress down,and flower gardening. Looking toward some return to some kind of normalcy soon.   I try to do things now and not plan on being to be able to do them when I retire. Going to Ocracoke for a few days end of the month and that will be a well needed break.  Take this to heart-  I get into heated conversation with yall sometimes.  Thats cause I has some a hole in me.  As they say in the south "I get it honest".  Does not mean I don't care. Y'all are my hockey family with all that entails.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cc said:

Take this to heart-  I get into heated conversation with yall sometimes.  Thats cause I has some a hole in me.  As they say in the south "I get it honest".  Does not mean I don't care. Y'all are my hockey family with all that entails.

Thanks cc, the feeling (and the honesty, and the a-hole thing) is mutual. I feel exactly the same, and I sincerely appreciate you putting it out there so eloquently.

 

The biggest reason I have been advocating on these boards that a lot more testing is needed before reopening isn't about politics, or even about the unanimous belief of public health experts and every single member of the coronavirus task force (except the guy that appointed it) that we're not doing anywhere near enough (although that does inform my belief that our testing regime is completely uncoordinated and inadequate). The biggest reason is exactly what you said: I have as much (sometimes more) contact with you all as I do with members of my own family, and therefore feel the same about each of you as I do about them: I don't want any of us to let our guard down sooner than is safe, and potentially pay a high price.

 

That being said, I totally get the desire for a return to normalcy. I miss hockey, my family, restaurants, playing pickleball, and on and on, just like everyone else. Yet I accept that nothing I say is going to stop anyone who is okay with taking (what I think are) needless risks from doing so. I can only control what I do, and hope that others will be safe and okay. And I do sincerely hope that, for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 2:47 PM, top-shelf-1 said:

Mrs. Shelf is certain she did too, in early February. Had a cough/cold she couldn't shake for weeks and ultimately got the first breathing treatment of her life to clear it. Doc said she was about to go pneumonic. 

I’m wondering if I had it too. 63 years old and hadn’t had a cough in 20 years. Came down with one mid-January. No other symptoms, but it was keeping me awake at night. Saw doctor January 21st. She said just ride it out - probably viral, but put in an order for a chest x-ray for me to rule out pneumonia or bronchitis if I wanted to. Had the x-ray on February 4th. It was negative, and cough cleared up shortly thereafter. But 3+ weeks with a cough is unheard of for me. Maybe someday I’ll be able to get the antibody test. I think COVID has been around a lot longer than originally thought.

Edited by bluedevilcane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...