Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

NHL south All stars

Recommended Posts

This should make for a fun little topic .    If you were to comprise a team  made up of players on teams  only from the south  who would you chose  ?

The teams   on who  you could pick from are  ,   Carolina ,  Florida , Tampa bay , and  Nashville .    

 

Disclaimer  -   when talking about teams from the south  i do not count  the stars   , the  blues ,   in the mix  even though historically   they were technically they  considered  of the south ,   for this case  we are talking  Deep south . 

 

For Carolina   -  Aho , Turbo ,  Svech , Necas  , Hamilton , Slavin ,  - no goalies . 

For  Florida  - Huber . Barkov ,  Ekblad  , Bobrovsky 

For Tampa  -  Stamkos ,  Kucherov ,  Point , Hedman - Sergachev  - Vasilevskiy 

For Nashville -   Granlund  ,Duchene ,  Forsberg - Josi  - no goallies .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob's didnt really have a good year this year. I would put Saros ahead of him. Truly Petr has just as good a chance as anyone else if limited to those 4 teams. No one besides Vasilesky had season worthy of Allstar status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Bob's didnt really have a good year this year. I would put Saros ahead of him. Truly Petr has just as good a chance as anyone else if limited to those 4 teams. No one besides Vasilesky had season worthy of Allstar status.

 

If it's based on this season, wasn't Reimer clearly having a better year than Mrazk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, LakeLivin said:

 

If it's based on this season, wasn't Reimer clearly having a better year than Mrazk?

I would have to look up the numbers but no I dont think so. They both had a few low points and they both had some high points. Remember Reimer got shelled by the Leafs in that one crazy game the Petr reliever him. I dont know about the stats though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Derailed75 said:

I would have to look up the numbers but no I dont think so. They both had a few low points and they both had some high points. Remember Reimer got shelled by the Leafs in that one crazy game the Petr reliever him. I dont know about the stats though

 

Player GP GS W L T OT SA GA GAA S Sv% SO MIN
8473503.jpg James Reimer 25 24 14 6 0 2 712 61 2.66 651 .914 3 1,379
8475852.jpg Petr Mrazek 40 38 21 16 0 2 1,091 104 2.69 987 .905 3 2,321
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So their goals against was .03 off. I would say they had a pretty even season. Again Petr got a lot more time and when he stumbled it seemed Riems was ready to come in and right the ship, but Reims also let in a goal that I could have stopped against the Flyers and got man handled by the Leafs. Didnt he give up 4 or 5 in the first period?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, Derailed75 said:

So their goals against was .03 off. I would say they had a pretty even season. Again Petr got a lot more time and when he stumbled it seemed Riems was ready to come in and right the ship, but Reims also let in a goal that I could have stopped against the Flyers and got man handled by the Leafs. Didnt he give up 4 or 5 in the first period?

 

GAA was only .03 different but Save%, which I believe most consider the best indicator of goalie performance, was markedly in Reimer's favor (.914 to .905).  And Reimer won 63% of the points available in games he started while Mrazek won 58%.  Projected over 41 games each that's 4 points more with Reimer in goal.    

 

Is the Toronto game where Reimer got shelled a big minus or is it an outlier that makes the rest of his season look that much better if you take it out? Honest question, not making an argument.  Ridiculous example to illustrate the point; would you rather have a goalie that gives you a shutout in 4 out of 5 games but gives up 15 goals in his fifth (3.0 GAA) or one who gives up 3 goals in every game he plays? 

 

A problem I have with evaluating Mrazk's performance is that I like his fire and compete level so much, it makes it hard for me to be objective.  

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 1:12 PM, LakeLivin said:

A problem I have with evaluating Mrazk's performance is that I like his fire and compete level so much  it makes it hard for me to be objective.

 

 

It's true Mrazek tends to over commit  on shots  but it could be due to how the canes play defensively  .     I wonder how he would do with the team   under  a different  school of thought   where the team would play more zone instead of man to man .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...