The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

No smilin' after listening to XM this morning.  I about threw the receiver in the trash.

Let's just say the Canes have a lot to prove.  Nobody thinks they are going anywhere.  I hope this lights a fire under their behinds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

No smilin' after listening to XM this morning.  I about threw the receiver in the trash.

Let's just say the Canes have a lot to prove.  Nobody thinks they are going anywhere.  I hope this lights a fire under their behinds.

Totally agree, I had the same thoughts during the game.

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

When has this not been the case.  I say never as we are always expected to suck.

Not sure how they arrive at these speculations based on one exhibition game.......... but whatever. 

As far a lighting a fire, Rod will take care of that.

Best cure for getting irritated by listening to pundits...........stop listening.

I did this long ago............now extended to ALL media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cc said:

When has this not been the case.  I say never as we are always expected to suck.

Not sure how they arrive at these speculations based on one exhibition game.......... but whatever. 

As far a lighting a fire, Rod will take care of that.

Best cure for getting irritated by listening to pundits...........stop listening.

I did this long ago............now extended to ALL media.

Well, yeah, the Canes usually are expected to suck.  Good point!

I generally enjoy listening to XM NHL talk.  It is about the only talking head media I consume these days.  Usually, they are pretty level headed.  Even their criticisms are usually good, like in the previous days they were pointing out that goal tending could be a weakness for the Canes.  Fair point taken.

What got me this morning was the overall slobbering over the Capitals.  And then they started talking about the Canes for 10 seconds, mentioned Mrazek, and someone interrupted and started talking about the Rangers goaltending and the upcoming match up in goalies.  Then they went on to blather about the Rangers until some producer reeled them back to remind them this was supposed to be about Canes/Capitals.  But, oh well, time's up.  On to commercial.  Sorry, we don't have time for Brindy's comments.

I might have dropped an f-bomb at that point before almost drop kicking the bluetooth speaker.

• Like 2

http://d1czn4a4iruape.cloudfront.net/monthly_2020_07/IMG_0586.JPG.758350fe1449cd591254de63144bdfa7.JPG

Smilin Bob has alot to smile about.

image.png

Edited by cc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

What got me this morning was the overall slobbering over the Capitals.  And then they started talking about the Canes for 10 seconds, mentioned Mrazek, and someone interrupted and started talking about the Rangers goaltending and the upcoming match up in goalies.  Then they went on to blather about the Rangers until some producer reeled them back to remind them this was supposed to be about Canes/Capitals.  But, oh well, time's up.  On to commercial.  Sorry, we don't have time for Brindy's comments.

This right here is why John Forslund is such a class act, and why everyone has undying admiration for him. For sure he has his favorites, but that doesn't taint his broadcasts. While I get the business side of this equation, I still feel it's a shame to quantify the "class" he brings to the Canes and our organization, and the region in general in terms of $$$$$$

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Recent history suggests they can take the Caps in a 7 game playoff series. Let’s hope they get the chance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

For sure he has his favorites, but that doesn't taint his broadcasts.

Except for the scoreboard.  He loved that thing!

22 hours ago, wxray1 said:

That's what I've been mostly hearing too. The funny thing is that almost everyone picks it as the closest "hardest to call" series. Yet it seems that the pundits are falling all over the Rangers. Hey, I get it. They have owned us and they have a phenom in goal backed up by a Cane-killer. They've won 31 of the last 37 against us. Frankly that's embarrassing, Lundqvist or not. .838 and 1.000 this past season. I think really for me, the frustrating thing is not just the overwhelming pundit love for the Rangers, but that I can't really argue with it because we deserve it. I'd love to say it's just the big market team thing and the Star power. 

I also can't help but still be a bit miffed that they got Adam Fox just because they're New York and who directly shunned us, and since he went to Drury's school has me nervous about that pick too. 

So, I'd love to get on those pundits for their group think, but it's the obvious pick really. 

That said, this team is loose, seems to put things in the rear view, and has playoff experience that has included surprising teams in said playoffs, both this squad and this organization. They may have Panarin, but we have pretty serious depth of talent. We may be underdogs, but we can play the us against the world card and I wouldn't bet against us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remkin said:

. . .

I also can't help but still be a bit miffed that they got Adam Fox just because they're New York and who directly shunned us, and since he went to Drury's school has me nervous about that pick too. 

. . .

We may never know for sure but I still believe that perhaps the biggest factor in Fox shunning the Canes was that there wasn't a quick path to a spot in the lineup given that we still had Pesce, Faulk, and TVR on the roster at the time he needed to make a decision. I think there's a decent chance that both sides had good faith discussions about Fox's route to the Canes but that fell apart when we couldn't trade Faulk. I do believe that the Rangers were a lock once Fox decided not to sign with the Canes, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coastal_caniac said:

Sounds like Necas is good to go for tomorrow!

Speed is good.

4 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Sounds like Necas is good to go for tomorrow!

Dougie apparently skating also? Man I wish he'd pull an Erik Cole move, but not at the expense of an injury.

21 hours ago, remkin said:

. They've won 31 of the last 37

That's about as dominating as it can get. On the plus side we aren't playing in MSG. Panarin is a sniper but Im more worried about Zibanejad who is the true Cane killer.

1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:

That's about as dominating as it can get. On the plus side we aren't playing in MSG. Panarin is a sniper but Im more worried about Zibanejad who is the true Cane killer.

Yeah, and he was and everyone killer last season. He was putting up superstar numbers on nearly a 60 goal, 108 point pace. They have two legit superstar forwards, and have Chris Kreider back. Ryan Strome was on about a 70 point pace too. 

They may not lock it down on the back end but Tony DeAngelo was a 64 point pace D man, and yes, Adam Fox already on a 50 point pace from the back end. Without Dougie our best are Slavin 43 point pace, and Vatanen 31 point pace. I've seem rumor that DeAnagelo might not play game one. Also, Fleury joined the rush a few times in that exhibition game and I wonder if we start seeing some offense from him. 

I still fully believe we can beat them, but I do see why we didn't want to draw them too. 

• Like 1

So, I got a bad sunburn last week.  Couldn't shave.

This week I figured I'd just let it roll and do the beard a thon thing.  First sort-of beard in 30 years for me.  I need to see how much grey I get anyway.  (So far, not much.)

Boys, make me a shaggy beast, please!

I had a great day and night yesterday. Canes win! And last night, Canadians win!. I was so happy I bought everyone at the bar a beer. Keep up the good work both of you>

1 hour ago, caniac-1-1 said:

I've forgotten.. for the draft position, do we want Toronto to win, or lose?

We want them to lose, as long as they don't subsequently win the Lafreniere lottery.  In that case we wouldn't have a 1st round pick this year.

16 minutes ago, winger52 said:

I had a great day and night yesterday. Canes win! And last night, Canadians win!. I was so happy I bought everyone at the bar a beer. Keep up the good work both of you>

Can you imagine the uproar in the hockeyverse if both the Canadians and BlackHawks win their play-in series? :twilight-zone:

1 hour ago, winger52 said:

I'm as happy about the Canadiens winning as i am about the Hurricanes.

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

While I like the Habs winning I wouldn't go that far

• Like 2

If Pittsburgh, Edmonton, the NYR or Toronto win the draft lottery? No. Just No. Heck, even Chicago. That could be over half of the teams in it.

10 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

As much as I hate the Evil Empire, the Habs have ZERO business being in this tournament.

• Like 1