The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

As much as I hate the Evil Empire, the Habs have ZERO business being in this tournament.

Thats true if the Rangers also. In fact I watched the Habs warm up game and thought for sure they would get swept by the Pens. They showed up though

58 minutes ago, cc said:

How Nice-NEW YORK - Vancouver Canucks forward Micheal Ferland has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for spearing

He had to find a way to play tough without missing the next 12 games on IR.

29 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Guys, what is your sense about Dougie? Could he return when we get past NYR?

I would bet that he comes back after the Rangers series. He is skating with the team.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

I would bet that he comes back after the Rangers series. He is skating with the team.

I knew that or thought I'd heard it? Wit this 2-0 start, just curious whether they'd bring him in tomorrow night or save?

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

I knew that or thought I'd heard it? Wit this 2-0 start, just curious whether they'd bring him in tomorrow night or save?

I would say they give Hamilton as much rest as possible.  May even see them sit Necas tomorrow. 

They can always work him in slow during a game one of a series.  Might be paired with Slavin but will probably play the least amount of minutes of the 6 defenders. 

6 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I would say they give Hamilton as much rest as possible.  May even see them sit Necas tomorrow. 

They can always work him in slow during a game one of a series.  Might be paired with Slavin but will probably play the least amount of minutes of the 6 defenders. 

Just wish there was an inkling of what it was as I think he was in great shape when they were about to start. If so, don't you imagine that he'd not much to get back up to snuff? Thus if not Lower Body, than I'd imagine he would be good to go?

5 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Just wish there was an inkling of what it was as I think he was in great shape when they were about to start. If so, don't you imagine that he'd not much to get back up to snuff? Thus if not Lower Body, than I'd imagine he would be good to go?

I saw floating around it was tweeked groin or hip flexor. Not sure if that is true.

Edited by gocanes0506

17 hours ago, cc said:

How Nice-NEW YORK - Vancouver Canucks forward Micheal Ferland has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for spearing

17 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

He had to find a way to play tough without missing the next 12 games on IR.

Ferland was next to the Wild bench when a Wild player on the bench grabbed his stick. He speared the guy that he thought did it, although it was actually the guy next to him. Resulted in a 2 min slashing call on Ferland and a 2 min interference call on the Wild bench. Ferland was subsequently fined $5k, the guy who grabbed his stick was fined $1k. 

On 8/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, LakeLivin said:

Ferland was next to the Wild bench when a Wild player on the bench grabbed his stick. He speared the guy that he thought did it, although it was actually the guy next to him. Resulted in a 2 min slashing call on Ferland and a 2 min interference call on the Wild bench. Ferland was subsequently fined $5k, the guy who grabbed his stick was fined $1k. 

He’s also back on IR...like clockwork

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Bs or Craps

I read it's one of four: Boston, Pittsburg, Tampa or Washington.

I wonder what is the "preference" from the crowd here and why? Maybe somebody can create a separate poll if it makes sense to vote and discuss?

18 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

I read it's one of four: Boston, Pittsburg, Tampa or Washington.

I wonder what is the "preference" from the crowd here and why? Maybe somebody can create a separate poll if it makes sense to vote and discuss?

Bolts and Phlyers will finish with top two seeds...we’ll draw 3 or 4 depending on how the Evil Empire does against the Habs 

3 hours ago, cane-addict-1 said:

So.... we might be playing the Bruins. 

I don’t fear them the way I did last year.   If their play in the first two games is any indication, they are not the same team that they were last year.  That said, they’ll probably wake up just in time for the canes.

but it doesn’t matter, we’re gonna have to play the best if we’re gonna win this thin!

47 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Both of the 12 seeds are up 2-1.

Which is awful.  If they both lose, there will be a 25% chance that Pittsburgh or Edmonton will get the #1 overall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danimal38 said:

So is the next round starting Saturday and Sunday?   It looks like it by the NHL's scheduling but hard to tell.  

NHL app has current series games and round robin going through the weekend.  I would guess next round starts Wednesday or possibly Tuesday.

2 hours ago, wa1010 said:

NHL app has current series games and round robin going through the weekend.  I would guess next round starts Wednesday or possibly Tuesday.

If I remember correctly it's 11th of August.

16 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Bolts and Phlyers will finish with top two seeds...we’ll draw 3 or 4 depending on how the Evil Empire does against the Habs 

Thanks. I gave it another thought today on why Pittsburg in that list - they still have to go through Qualifiers!

And seeing Habs playing like crap but still dug out of 1:3 hole to take series lead, I said - not so fast Penguins.

Or maybe I just recalled those 4 teams wrong... 🙄

We will be 6th if the Pens wins 5th if they lose. Looks like the Bolts and Flyers will take the 1st and 2nd spot so we will get either the Bruins or Caps 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AssistantGM said:

If MTL wins, and Washington and Tampa beat PHL; we play PHL. That could happen!!

Possible, but I ain't skerd of none of them.

• Like 1