The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

6 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

The biggest hockey forum had 2 polls about this series, 1 ) which team is the underdog and 2 ) who will win.

86% of 164 people voting see the Canes as underdogs

BUT

69% of 432 people voting picked the Canes to win the series

Interesting contrast there. It does indicate that we're getting noticed by other fans as well as some of the pundits. 

we are a lovable "Bunch of Jerks"

18 hours ago, Marky-Mark's toe save said:

F-ing rights you are bud!

Turns out most of the leagues fan base think this way! I hope your and, my team meet in the finals!

Sincerely a 'Nucks fan

P.S. you guy's are my side team

Is that like being a side piece?

• Like 2

Subtle extra 17 Brindy bucks. 

Facebook folks been doing a Go-Fund me lmfao and TD's over here paying fines.

Edited by legend-1

Ah!  I didn't get it.  I thought, "interest?"  Takes a legend to get into my head.  17.  Of course!

This "donation" to the fund reminds me of an interview I once saw with Joy Piccolo, wife of the late Brian Piccolo, who was subject of the well known story "Brian's Song".  Piccolo died of a specific kind of cancer (germ cell testicular) that is now highly treatable.  One reason it is treatable today is because of the NFL Foundation's support of a treatment for the disease.  The money and research worked.  They found a good treatment!

Back to Joy.  In the interview she said felt a bit bad about cheering for NFL fines.  In her thoughts, every fine got them closer to a cure for the brutal disease Brian suffered through.  So... she watched the fines closely and celebrated a big one. 

I hope Brindy's goes to a good cause.

• Like 1

It's  funny ,   How scary  good  the canes are going to be in a few years  with new faces  .   Honka ,  Puistola  , Drury ,  Suzuki , Bean , Kean   all in the line up with Aho , Svechnikov  , Turbo , Hamilton , Slavin  ?    If the Bruins  thought  the canes are tough now ,  They have not seen the future yet ! 

46 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Canucks up 2-0.  

And they win in OT. Wrote a friend that Binnington is looking very pedestrian. Also am loving the NYI v Washington series with NYI leading in 2nd game with about 6 minutes left. And finally, how can one not like Montreal beating up on Flyers?

• Like 1

Not sure if this should be a topic unto itself, but wondering about Svechnikov, and when we'll hear about his ability to continue to play? Also and more importantly, my thoughts and prayers go out to this young man.

3 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Not sure if this should be a topic unto itself, but wondering about Svechnikov, and when we'll hear about his ability to continue to play? Also and more importantly, my thoughts and prayers go out to this young man.

Given how he couldn’t put any weight on it, my guess is it’s a ligament tear and we will be lucky to see him before next season begins

17 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Given how he couldn’t put any weight on it, my guess is it’s a ligament tear and we will be lucky to see him before next season begins

Even if not a ligament tear, in the short term, a high ankle sprain, which it could also be, could be just as serious to any immediate play.

Although he denied it, I think it took Staal a year to get back from his non-surgical knee injury.

Man, I hope this isn't as bad as it looked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Stick a fork in the Craps

I'm very surprised by this; either the Islanders are THAT good or the Caps are THAT bad. 

12 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

The Caps are probably on the same level as the Pens right now.  The sun is setting on their Cup chances and it's rebuild time.

The question I have is will either see the writing on the wall and move older, declining players with value for the future?  I think both will ride them into the ground and worry about the future when the future comes.

Well we know what the Pens GM does in this situation. It isn't a teardown. It's more of a ride down. 

From the Athletic, the Pens will try not to split up Malkin, Crosby and Letang but they are looking to get the salary to lower 70s while getting younger.  

If JR hadnt leveraged the future before he will be this off-season trying to get rid of Johnson, Bjugstad, and Hornqvist

The Caps and Pens remind me a lot of the 2016-17 Hawks. Formidable regular season heavyweights with an aging core (or at least quite a few players in the downside of their careers) facing hot and hungry teams in the postseason that relentlessly punch them in the face.   Caps and Pens have had their time as block bullies, but there are some new kids moving in (we’re one of them 😡)

I have watched the replay of Chara/Svech and not certain. Did it almost look like Chara came around an purposely tried to trip him down?

23 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Although he denied it, I think it took Staal a year to get back from his non-surgical knee injury.

Man, I hope this isn't as bad as it looked.

Did E ever get back to his pre injury form, at least while he was still with Carolina?