The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

I for one am glad they took all 4 previous games.  Thinking you own another team is the 1st step to giving up that ownership.

Waking up to the news of Edmonton flooding and what is being called minor water damage at Rodgers. That appears to be an awful lot of water to be considered minor.

13 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

Waking up to the news of Edmonton flooding and what is being called minor water damage at Rodgers. That appears to be an awful lot of water to be considered minor.

Wrath of God? 

15 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I know right. Someone said to me the other day "Damn it's the middle of July already" I said " ALREADY! This year camt end soon enough

I really think 30 years from now "2020" will have a certain meaning just like "9-eleven" has a meaning today, nearly 20 years later.

9 days until real Canes Hockey will be viewed.  Can I get a Wooooo Hooooooooooo.

4 hours ago, cc said:

9 days until real Canes Hockey will be viewed.  Can I get a Wooooo Hooooooooooo.

1 hour ago, cc said:

Answer is---- I guess not- so sad.

I'll give you a wooooo but save the Hoooooooooo until it actually happens

10 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

Sorry cc, a lot of us have been social media distancing also..

You know just in case

Good one.  LOL.  I have been watching Tic toc(unsubscribed).  I need simple entertainment and also so China can keep track of me.  Its not like they can through my I phone chip.  Also over 40 women seem to love posting dancing videos on it.  What can be wrong with that. (Sexism Alert)

Well this isn't good Hamilton just got injured during practice today. I guess he wont be playing on the 29th. Hopefully he will be able for the playoffs. They couldn't talk about the injury. Hopefully it isn't to serious.

2 hours ago, JDJERK83 said:

Well this isn't good Hamilton just got injured during practice today. I guess he wont be playing on the 29th. Hopefully he will be able for the playoffs. They couldn't talk about the injury. Hopefully it isn't to serious.

Sounds like it was yesterday when it happened

Article in N/O today not much more to shed on Hamilton with no practice today, except what we know, that he left in discomfort and Brind'Amour said "hopefully not long term". Huge loss if he's out long term. And with Pesce as most likely only able to play late in playoffs if at all, they will have to know that Dougie will be back at least soon, and if not, might be reasonable to call up Keane instead of Pesce. Reasoning, if Hamilton is a question mark and Pesce is not available for 2-3 rounds....I know we have a lot of D men, but weird things can happen, and supposedly once in the bubble there can be no additions. 

From Chris Johnson, Sportsnet:

Rendering of stadium for playoffs. I sort of forgot, that since there are only two stadiums for the whole thing, they could really go to town on getting them looking unique for the playoffs:

1 hour ago, remkin said:
From Chris Johnson, Sportsnet:

Rendering of stadium for playoffs. I sort of forgot, that since there are only two stadiums for the whole thing, they could really go to town on getting them looking unique for the playoffs:

Looks pretty cool.  Maybe we should permanently dump the fans.  😜

Have they decided on fake crowd noise?

Edited by wxray1

4 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Have they decided on fake crowd noise?

Not sure on the noise. At least hockey has the goal horn and maybe the celebration goal song? Not sure how I feel about the fake noise. Anyone like the idea?

I did catch part of a MLS soccer game. Not a big fan, but had it on while eating. One thing I would caution that they did was just banter about so much that they didn't call the game in very exciting way. Hockey is not baseball with massive amounts of downtime between pitches for that kind of thing. How the games are called will matter, probably more than it does with fans there. Seem to be a good time to have the best in the business working for you....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, remkin said:

Not sure on the noise. At least hockey has the goal horn and maybe the celebration goal song? Not sure how I feel about the fake noise. Anyone like the idea?

🤮

3 hours ago, remkin said:

I expect fake noise to be cringeworthy, but we'll see.

Saw parts of two MLB games.  One had fake noise, the other didn't.

The fake noise wasn't awful, but I don't think it added much.  Given that, I say skip the fakery.

Both games had the normal organ and music.

Edited by wxray1

Here’s a thought- lets create our own noise- why couldn’t caniacs make clips/videos send them to the canes video team -let them put together - clips to play throughout the game for the guys Insert mike blowing the horn and recordings of ...LETS GO CANES-  😜

Edited by Pkling40
Add