The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Off-Season Trades 2020

I know this is a stretch, and I pray it's just fantasy, but a thought creeped into my mind on Lehner. Without a doubt, an element of this pandemic and voluntary/mandated isolation, is substantial psychological stress. Might this have to be kept in mind in his case? Not like we have not experienced this before in one other goalie "rescue"? As I say, I fervently prey not.

17 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Lehner is looking for stability and getting his worth.  A .930 sv percentage put him in elite company. Canes and Islanders werent willing to pay top money for one big year. Canes went with value in Mrazek and Islanders went with better contract in Varlamov.  Lehner was stuck with taking more money with less term. His .920 average will bring his ask down although his agent will use his .940 sv percentage with Vegas to show what he can do with a good defense in front of him.  Im expecting him to want 7 million per for 5-6 years.  Probably settle for 6 to 6.5.

that is a risky thing during years 5 and 6 of the deal.  With us lacking a ELC goalie to balance out the tandem for years, it seems outside of the mgmt’s value way of doing business.  If we moved Reimer to Ottawa for one of their many picks then maybe we do it.  

another option is Jake Allen from St Louis. He had a strong bounce back year with in fewer games. Could be a good option for 1A/1B tandem and give us a year to see how he fits our system. Him and Mrazek battle it out to see who gets the extension. St Louis needs to cut cap. Allen and Bozak for Dzingel. A move of Reimer and another cap hit (if needed) to Ottawa for their lowest 2nd or a 3rd. 

Allen has had a good season, but only 24 games.  And the previous 2 seasons, well below average stats. Plus he's about to turn 30.  If we're willing to live with that level of risk, why not just stay with Mrazek?

4 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Allen has had a good season, but only 24 games.  And the previous 2 seasons, well below average stats. Plus he's about to turn 30.  If we're willing to live with that level of risk, why not just stay with Mrazek?

We wouldn’t get rid of Mrazek if Allen is coming this way. He is a 1A/1B tandem goalie just as a tryout. His bad stats from a bad team play? His stats have picked up since things changed at St Louis (granted as a backup).

less risk of getting a new goalie and having to change over the tandem we have and a lot less term. 

Either solution isn’t perfect.

Edited by gocanes0506

I feel pretty good about a sense of prospects that skate around the ice, but with goalies? Yeah, I'm a Cane's fan so I've done about as well as the team has. 

That said, Jake Allen does not get me warm and fuzzy. Yes, the .927 over those 27 games is impressive, but it is a huge outlier. He is .913 career and .906 the previous two years. I recall analysts just flat out blaming him for the fails of the Blues before Binnington stormed in. 

Another guy slated for UFA if he isn't signed who is also heading to the wrong side of 30 but had a very good year last year is Jacob Markstrom in Vancouver. Their announcer was on XM the other day singing his praises and how they really need to sign him, but then again, one never knows. He shut us down last year with a 40 plus shot shutout.

Im not overly excited or fond of Allen but you can see the idea when stacked against other options.

here are the Canes options (no particular order):

1. stand pat- easy, we know what we got, no risk, but no improvement

2. sign Lehner. Have to compete with other teams, price and term will be longer than we want, which means more risk and assumed improvement. Have to move a goalie, maybe even both.

3. Trade for Murray. He has history of really good play. Requires re-signing, struggled this past season, not sure if its an improvement.

4. Trade for Georgiev. Young, unproven, good stats. Requires re-signing. Wont be a cheap trade because NYRs wont be motivated to keep him in the metro

5. Trade for MAF. LV may be more inclined to try and give away MAF and keep Lehner. MAF has dipped once past 33, as the referenced article alludes to. He is expensive, 2 more years left, and not an ideal acquisition. This option may factor in on Lehner’s availability for us to even sign him.

6. Trade for Allen. One more year at less than 5 million, risk is lower than some. Unsure if its an improvement. Should be a cheaper acquisition as ST Louis needs cap space. Experienced and proven, struggled the season prior.

7. Sign Markstrom. 30. Hovers around.915 sv percentage so not a real improvement but would being on a better team have his sv % come up? How much term is he looking? Going past 34 with him would be a big risk.

8. Sign Holtby. 30. Proven winner but has struggled over the last 3 seasons with .907, .911, and .897 sv percentages. Risky choice and as a UFA might get more than he should.

not a many other available trade partners. All options but 1 require a goalie to be moved. 

Driedger- would be an overpayment to trade for this offseason as he is a cheap backup. Could he be a key acquisition piece if we moved Florida a LHD?  A .938 sv percentage this season in 20 games on a bad defensive team like Florida and is 26. Unproven and a risk to trade an asset for.

Edited by gocanes0506

I'll keep this going  because posting about hockey is so much more fun than posting about other things. 

Trades are so tough to predict. Would the team trade the guy? MAF? Seems unlikely, but I don't know. In New York I have to think they want to gracefully ease away from Ludnqvist and keep both Russians. MAF is too much on the wrong side of the age thing IMO. Georgiov would be intriguing, but I'm not sure he's available and the price would have to be right. His .910 was pretty decent behind a pretty bad D also, and he's only 24. He would still be an upgrade IMO. 

Personally I don't stand pat. We are starting to assemble a team that really can win now. Aho and TT are hitting prime, Svechnikov is on the doorstep of it, Necas will step up next year and beyond, and the D is already there. 

I like Lehner. The guy has just been rock solid for a few years now in the top 10. Even as he fades he could be a back up. He was #11 in the league last year in save percentage behind a pretty bad D in Chicago, and behind a shut down team the previous year he was #2. He can do it either way. His save percentage over the last 3 years is #8 in the NHL. I'll take my chances on the end of that deal to get a few years of that.

I like Markstrom almost as much, but I think Vancouver almost has to sign him. Last year his save% was straight up good for #14 in the NHL despite playing behind one of the worst defenses in the league. Vancouver's announcer said he basically stole a bunch of games last year. Same thing on him being the wrong age. True, but still do it.

If either of those two can be had for anything less than head scratch inducing term, I'd do it. To me even 3-4 years of that level of goaltending being this team. I love Mrazek's fight and spirit, but he's been outplayed by two aging veterans now.

Then again, I'd have done both Lack and Mongo, so there's that.

My list was more of an exhaustive list not just probable or good options.

to stretch the goalie conversation out another year to help get a full picture of our options to improve the team:

expansion draft thought: we need a goalie for expansion draft exposure. Is it Forsberg or do we extend Booth two years this offseason?

The following year’s goalie class options (we will need two goalies):

Rinne, Dubnyk, and Lundqvist are on the wrong side of the age bracket to ride as a full time number 1.

Rask will be 34. I think a good candidate for a two year deal to bridge Koch / Makiniemi. But he would be dangerously close to the 35 cliff.

Binnington would be the top of the class goalie but I don’t see St Louis letting him go.

previously discussed Allen and Dreidger are available as UFA

The guy Washington wouldnt trade us, Grubauer, would be a UFA. He shouldn’t be overly expensive but not a big improvement though.

Raanta would be a good bridge candidate for us. He would be 31. Not too expensive or require a ton of length. He isn’t hyped as much as he should be.

Lower sv percentage guys like Rittich and Anderson are FAs but not overly appealing.

looking at the Coyotes’ situation, trading for Raanta may be an option for us this offseason. Coyotes will need space to keep Hall. 

Looking at this class Raanta and Allen would be the easiest to acquire this off-season, of the desirables, to do a tryout in our system before a big commitment.

my two cents on how to handle the goalie situation:

1. make a trade for a one year out UFA. Order of preference: Raanta, Dreidger, and Allen. The first and last being the easiest to acquire. These moves aren’t necessarily a fix but give a good tryout for the goalie before a long term investment (low risk). Would require us moving a goalie out, unless it’s Dreidger.

2. Sign Lehner this season. Risk involved because he would be high dollar and term. Would either have to trade both goalies out or trade a goalie and reduce our depth on defense/ offense (and limit subsequent moves to improve those areas as well).

3. Stand pat and target Raanta or Rask in UFA. More financial flexibility, not required to trade existing goalies, least risk. Also the least likely to improve anything.

Edited by gocanes0506

I remember a while ago Raanta was available and I was high on us getting him but alas, no. I did not realize it though, but he's 31 as I type. I like the guy a lot, but if we are talking age, he's the oldest of Lehner, Markstrom, and Raanta. He'd definitely be an upgrade for a couple of years though.

rem and go, thank you guys for keeping our minds engaged in thoughts that give us a respite from the virus, irrational destruction of history and all the other "pressing issues" from which our society suffers.

Saying that, now let me go and take care of a pedestrian who got run over by an inebriated driver, my "pressing issue"?

Edited by KJUNKANE

Gentlemen, you realize that you can't talk about goalies or secondary scoring or anything else until you deal with the fact that the Canes are

up against the cap ceiling with only 17 players currently signed.  When you add in the $2.33m for the final years of the Semin buyout and

$3,187,500 in performance bonuses for Svechnikov and Necas (the Williams bonuses aren't complete yet), that puts the total at $75,538m.

When you project Foegele at 2.2 - 2.5m because he's better than McGinn and Fleury should be getting at least 1.75m.  Both of these guys

have arbitration rights.  I'm not saying they'll file, but one likely will.  You can try and save money elsewhere, but moving a couple of bad contracts

(Niederreiter, Gardiner and Staal) will be hard.

If the cap ceiling artificially stays at 81.5m, that leaves about two million left to sign four fringe players to fill out a 23-man roster.   Obviously,

the goal is more than "go with what we got" and "add some fringe players".  But that's the way things are right now.  Plus, in summer of 20-21

has Svechnikov coming off of his entry-level contract and a Hamilton extension kicking in.  Svechnikov figures to skip a bridge deal and get

about $7.5m per year.  That happens to add up to what Dzingel, McGinn and Martinook make but swapping three salaries for one destroys

the experienced depth at forward.

6 hours ago, MidnightAngel said:

Gentlemen, you realize that you can't talk about goalies or secondary scoring or anything else until you deal with the fact that the Canes are

up against the cap ceiling with only 17 players currently signed.  When you add in the $2.33m for the final years of the Semin buyout and

$3,187,500 in performance bonuses for Svechnikov and Necas (the Williams bonuses aren't complete yet), that puts the total at $75,538m.

When you project Foegele at 2.2 - 2.5m because he's better than McGinn and Fleury should be getting at least 1.75m.  Both of these guys

have arbitration rights.  I'm not saying they'll file, but one likely will.  You can try and save money elsewhere, but moving a couple of bad contracts

(Niederreiter, Gardiner and Staal) will be hard.

If the cap ceiling artificially stays at 81.5m, that leaves about two million left to sign four fringe players to fill out a 23-man roster.   Obviously,

the goal is more than "go with what we got" and "add some fringe players".  But that's the way things are right now.  Plus, in summer of 20-21

has Svechnikov coming off of his entry-level contract and a Hamilton extension kicking in.  Svechnikov figures to skip a bridge deal and get

about $7.5m per year.  That happens to add up to what Dzingel, McGinn and Martinook make but swapping three salaries for one destroys

the experienced depth at forward.

The Canes won’t need to sign fringe players to fill the 23 man roster. We’ll have AHLers for that.

Any improvement in the net will require a subsequent trade of one of ours. Also we should see a subtraction on one, maybe 2, LHDs and probably Dzingel as well (although Nino would be preferred).

Flat cap will not be in place for 2 more seasons but 3.

we’re are going to have to use serious depth to fit Necas, Svech, and Dougie in our cap. Either that or we risk huge contracts from Necas and Svech by signing them to bridge deals.

FA frenzy will start November 1st, 2020

Right now we have 9.149 million in space.  At the same time we will have to put some 3.5 million aside for performance bonuses from this season. So we have about 5.6 million in space to improve the team.  That is if we dont save any space for the 20-21 performance bonuses from Svech and Necas.  Both of them are likely to max out at 3.187 million, total.  

On 6/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, remkin said:

Personally I don't stand pat. We are starting to assemble a team that really can win now. Aho and TT are hitting prime, Svechnikov is on the doorstep of it, Necas will step up next year and beyond, and the D is already there.

I agree that you don't stand pat but it may be difficult moving forward.  The flat salary cap means the price for cap ceiling  teams (like the Canes are now) to dump

fading or under-producing players just went through the roof.  To get some flexibility might involve a buyout --  and that just adds problems or it's own in the future.

5 hours ago, MidnightAngel said:

I agree that you don't stand pat but it may be difficult moving forward.  The flat salary cap means the price for cap ceiling  teams (like the Canes are now) to dump

fading or under-producing players just went through the roof.  To get some flexibility might involve a buyout --  and that just adds problems or it's own in the future.

True. Cap management will be important. I'm thinking we can move Gardiner. But if we need to move a goalie to move one in, can we dump that salary? Reimer and Mrazek are both on tap for one more year at around $3.3M. No doubt the future would seem to be to just ride out one more year with the pair, and that might be OK, but if there's an upgrade option? It would be worth a lot of cap management if we could do it. Not sure if we could move Dzingel, but with him finding a lot of 4th line time and Geekie looking good, that would be another $3.3M. 

Just from a salary point of view, moving Dzingel, Gardiner and say Mrazek out, would free up $10.2M in cap space for a goalie and whatever other moves are needed. Imagine this team with Mrazek and Dzingel gone and Lehner in goal with Reimer backing him up? Just that goalie tandem would be enough that we would probably not need any other additions at any other positions outside of what's already in the system. 

Then we add Jake Bean and remove TVR/Edmunson (don't re-sign) for even more cap room.

Also, IMO we NEED to sign Dougy. But he will not be cheap. In fact, as I drift in this post, Dougy is maybe $9M? Skjei is $5M. And even though they're big bargains, Slavin and Pesce are in at $5 and $4M. IMO this means rounding out the bottom pair with cheap guys: Fleury and Bean. Even though they're both LHD. 

So Gardiner, Edmundson, and TVR, then also say Mrazek and Dzingel, come off the books. Then no more of Faulk's salary and Marleau is another $7M. Then the following year, another $2.2M as HWSNBN comes off. 

Yeah, Rem.  What I've been reading elsewhere though is that in order to dump a Gardiner, or a Dzingel it might take a sweetener that is too rich for

Don Waddell's palate.  Our cap management can't afford any mistakes like the Gardiner signing.  You'll remember it was a late summer signing and

that usually means either a small bucks "prove it" contract or less term.  We didn't really get either with Gardiner.  And that, to me, was a bit of a

misstep.  Hopefully, this is just a way hockey writers are wasting time until the training camps end and we play some real games.   But still ......

For years, there have always been trades of high-priced veterans to rebuilding or emerging teams that were hoping they had reached cup contender

status.  We've all been caught reading the transaction column and saying "I can't believe so-and-so is still in the league -- and signed a big contract".  

The Canes, as an emerging team, may have stepped out of their comfort zone by making a bunch of fairly quick moves ... Marleau for a 1st wasn't one

of them because it was just for one year, but Niederreiter still has two years left at $5.25m and the already mentioned questionable signing of Gardiner

(3 years left at over $4m).  All those moves and still no goalie that is a part of the core. 

Worse-case scenario is if things have to be pushed back another year assembling this team unless some kind of magical turnaround happens.  We'll

have to hope that some of these guys have a bounce back season while everyone else does as well as they have been and there aren't any injuries.

MA, a few observations here. In regard to "missteps" or "questionable signings", I'm not being critical of those characterizations, but a year ago, whoever envisioned the term "flatten the curve" or it's related term if I may, "flatten the Cap"? Those signings came at a time when speculation was rampant, and salaries were continuing escalation. I concede that Gardiner was a reach, but Dzingel looked good and for one, I don't believe he should be viewed similar to Gardiner as a salary "dump" if we have to trade him?

The flat cap for 3 more years certainly will curtail the unbridled escalation common to the sport. As rem above has phrased it "cap management will be important", but with several dead weight buyouts coming off the books, the rising competence of several AHLers to be had in cheaper replacements of a few, and 1 or 2 cap reducing trades, I think Waddell has the Canes well placed for playoff runs, even with the escalating salaries of Svech, Hamilton, etc.

Gardiner was a risk/reward move. The guy has skill, and there were several Leafs experts who felt he was wrongly maligned for a few big mistakes. And, in fact there were stats to suggest this was true. Watching him play, his skill is evident. Further, the guy was +52 his last three years with the Leafs, whereas for the rest of the team, the median player for those years combined was about +5 over those years. There was also risk with his back to though. 

$4M/year for an offensive, playmaking, PP QBing D man is not that bad. He looked good on the ice, but he made some horrid decisions. 

There are, IMO two problems with this deal and then a follow on issue. First, he just did not work out. At least year one, and particularly early on, he had lots of issues, that frankly cost this team points and it showed in his by far team worst -24 (next was TVR at -7). Second, a 4 year deal on team with the D we have, at the very least would block out the likes of Jake Bean and Joey Keane. Draft and develop? 

But this was compounded when we used our first round pick steal from Toronto on....a LHD, which is what Gardiner is. If Brady Skjei is not Gardiner's replacement, then we are about to have a very expensive D and about to trade one of the best in house D prospects we've ever had, also missing out on the chance to get skill for cheap entry money over very expensive. Unless we move another D man we would have a bottom pair D man making $4million. Oh, and we'd have given away a first round draft pick in a very good draft year. 

The problem, IMO, is that like Faulk before him, Gardiner's trade value is dependent on him showing his stuff. If he can produce and stay positive on the +/- type stats, then $4M/year is not a bad price and we actually could get return. So there is a big temptation to keep rolling him out there with hopes his value goes up. But the longer we keep Bean tamped down, the worse. 

Ultimately the best plan IMO is to pick your top 4 guys, then have Bean and Fleury take up the the final two spots. Yes a guy would have to be on his off side, but having Bean and Fleury as our bottom pair is actually pretty good and it should be cheap. To me Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce, Skjei, Bean, Fleury is pretty impressive, especially if Skjei starts to find his fit here.

I've been pretty explicit about my feelings on this, but I'd take whatever pain necessary in a Gardiner trade if it let us re sign Dougy. We'd have the best top 4 D in the history of this organization, and if Bean is all that, and Fleury keeps improving, the best D in the history of this organization and one of the best in the NHL.

Ultimately, I suspect we try to keep working Gardiner in there to show his stuff, and hope that Bean gets some NHL time filling in for injuries, until Gardiner's value hopefully raises. We can probably roll with this a good part of next season. Hopefully he plays better, but we then still have the fortitude to trade him.

6 hours ago, MidnightAngel said:

Yeah, Rem.  What I've been reading elsewhere though is that in order to dump a Gardiner, or a Dzingel it might take a sweetener that is too rich for

Don Waddell's palate.  Our cap management can't afford any mistakes like the Gardiner signing.  You'll remember it was a late summer signing and

that usually means either a small bucks "prove it" contract or less term.  We didn't really get either with Gardiner.  And that, to me, was a bit of a

misstep.  Hopefully, this is just a way hockey writers are wasting time until the training camps end and we play some real games.   But still ......

For years, there have always been trades of high-priced veterans to rebuilding or emerging teams that were hoping they had reached cup contender

status.  We've all been caught reading the transaction column and saying "I can't believe so-and-so is still in the league -- and signed a big contract".  

The Canes, as an emerging team, may have stepped out of their comfort zone by making a bunch of fairly quick moves ... Marleau for a 1st wasn't one

of them because it was just for one year, but Niederreiter still has two years left at $5.25m and the already mentioned questionable signing of Gardiner

(3 years left at over $4m).  All those moves and still no goalie that is a part of the core. 

Worse-case scenario is if things have to be pushed back another year assembling this team unless some kind of magical turnaround happens.  We'll

have to hope that some of these guys have a bounce back season while everyone else does as well as they have been and there aren't any injuries.

In addition to Rem's observations about Gardener, he looked to be an upgrade to fill the PP quarterback hole left by the departing Justin Faulk, and in much of the hockey-verse his contract was seen as a bargain. If his whole season had been like his second half we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Still under performing, but nothing like his disastrous start. My question is: what was up with that start and is it something that's over? Hopefully he has a great playoff (if it happens) so we can move him without too much pain, because I don't see a spot for him on the Canes going forward.             

Don't forget that in acquiring Neiderreiter the Canes dumped Victor Rask and his $4m contract (same number of years). Upgrading from Rask to Nino for $1.25m per was seen as a brilliant move at the time and may have already paid off given Nino's contribution to the Canes making the playoffs last year.

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from; Canes can't afford too many mistakes. But unless they find a crystal ball, the only way to not make any mistakes is to not make any moves. And as we've seen, that's a different kind of mistake: lost opportunity cost. In my mind the key to success is not just minimizing mistakes, but also in mitigating the ones they do make. I thought they were successful in getting out from under Rask. Here's hoping they can pull another rabbit out of a hat with Gardener.    

I'd say we still won the Rask trade. Nino has 59 points to Rask's 16. Yes, Nino disappointed last year. But I'd look to Nino to bounce back and surely more than Rask. Year one it was enough to have a major roll in getting Minnesota's GM fired it was so lopsided. I have hope for Nino moving forward, Not for Rask.

Sorry, but making a case that the Gardiner deal made/makes sense for the Hurricane organization is darn near impossible.  Forget the contract, has he earned a top 6 D position heading towards the playoffs?  If Pesce was healthy, I am not sure Gardiner would deserve to be in the top 8.  Obviously Hamilton and Slavin man the top line.  I won't be surprised if Skjei is paired with Vatenen on the 2nd if Pesce is not ready to go. Fleury has seemingly been more solid than Gardiner, so a 3rd line of Fleury and TVR or Edmundson would not surprise me.  This is going to be a short series and the team can not afford even one of Gardiner's miscues.  I don't want to put Pesce's 2020/2021 season in jeopardy by rushing him back, which makes Vatenen's RH D shot more of a likelihood to be in the lineup even though he has never skated a shift for the team.  

Even though TVR, Vatanen, and Edmundson are all UFAs following the season, I still don't like having Gardiner's contract around.  a) the $4M would be better spent as part of what it will take to retain Hamilton, and b) he is blocking Bean who does not need more seasoning in the AHL.  Another addition by subtraction, but why did the team even want to be in this position?

Edited by beboplar

14 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Those signings came at a time when speculation was rampant, and salaries were continuing escalation. I concede that Gardiner was a reach, but Dzingel looked good and for one, I don't believe he should be viewed similar to Gardiner as a salary "dump" if we have to trade him?

Sorry, didn't mean to sound too negative.  After all, I have been in favor of a lot of the goalie moves and most of those haven't worked out. 

My point was that you can't really make a mistake with money when you're up against the cap ceiling.  It's going to be like this for the next

10-15 years.  Which is good.

12 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

If his whole season had been like his second half we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Still under performing, but nothing like his disastrous start. My question is: what was up with that start and is it something that's over? Hopefully he has a great playoff (if it happens) so we can move him without too much pain, because I don't see a spot for him on the Canes going forward.         

You're right - he did improve.  And he will probably have a great playoff performance and make my whole post completely unnecessary. 

The problem is we will already likely lose Edmundson, TVR, and Vatanen to unrestricted free agency.  That's a lot of depth, but we really

can't afford them and have to let them walk.  You have to prioritize re-signing Fleury and Foegele.  That leaves us about  $1.0M under the

cap with only 20 players signed (when you elevate Geekie who will probably replace Justin Williams in the lineup).  That's not gonna work

when the goal in to improve the team from year to year.

So if you can't move a Niederreiter or a Gardiner (because everyone else is doing pretty well) - you are stuck - and could cause everything

to get pushed back a year.   And that would be unacceptable.  But you could do a buyout.  There's dead money later but it might end up being

the best option.  Because that would free up money to bring in some upgrades at a couple of different positions.

Fortunately, the new CBA might help.  Escrow for the players is high for the first 2 years in particular, then it drops over the life of the agreement. 

This could cause a flood of talented players who will hit the UFA and RFA markets to be looking for a shorter-term deal.  If you were a free agent, would

you sign a five-year deal now, which likely carries a lower AAV or a shorter deal with a talented team in hopes of cashing in when the cap starts to rise?

3 hours ago, remkin said:

I'd say we still won the Rask trade. Nino has 59 points to Rask's 16. Yes, Nino disappointed last year. But I'd look to Nino to bounce back and surely more

than Rask. Year one it was enough to have a major roll in getting Minnesota's GM fired it was so lopsided. I have hope for Nino moving forward, Not for Rask.

Yeah, that trade got Paul Fenton fired, but when you're up against the cap $1.25M is a lot.  It was obvious that Rask wasn't working out here

and I would have encouraged him to return to Sweden and simply cut ties with him.  Failing that, I would have bought him out - and it would cost

less than what might happen now.  Hopefully, Nino will bounce back, as will Gardiner, but if they don't ......

Edited by MidnightAngel

Anyone else think it's cool that MidnightAngel always posts, uh, around Midnight or so?  :)

• Like 1

Hopefully one of Gardiner or Skjei has a great playoff run and we can trade one.

Maybe we’ll be able to convince Detroit, Buffalo, or Ottawa that they will be interested in Mrazek or Reimer

Maybe Dzingel does well and we can move him for a decent amount.

After re-signing Fleury and Foegele, hopefully we have room to get a decent RH forward. Armia would be a good option. Fleury, Bean, and Keane can battle it out for the last 2 D spots.

2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Hopefully one of Gardiner or Skjei has a great playoff run and we can trade one.

Maybe we’ll be able to convince Detroit, Buffalo, or Ottawa that they will be interested in Mrazek or Reimer

Maybe Dzingel does well and we can move him for a decent amount.

After re-signing Fleury and Foegele, hopefully we have room to get a decent RH forward. Armia would be a good option. Fleury, Bean, and Keane can battle it out for the last 2 D spots.

Much of that sounds like money dumps.  Unfortunately teams willing to take on others' money dumps are looking to unload their own.